Variety of Questions 12/18/2015 05:23 PM CST
I have a handful of (primarily) elf-related questions:

1. I've been trying to search the boards (Ha!), but haven't come up with anything definitive: will there be racial weapon/armor templates released at some point? The iltesh specifically. And if so, will it ever be possible for elven players to make racial weapons/armor that give boosted stats/verbs/etc., but only in the hands of an elf?

2. Does Queen Morganae have an order of sovereign protectors? An army? If yes to either, or something else different all together, what are they called? Same question for the Sana'ati tree? I imagine Zoluren might frown on the idea of a city within its borders having its own standing army, but I imagine an order devoted to the protection/preservation of the Sana'ati tree makes sense.

3. What would a sword like the http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Lhang be called in DR? I was thinking the karambit fit at first, but since that seems like its something specifically devoted to Snow Elves, I was looking for more of a Forest/Mountain Elf equivalent.

4. According to the Ilithic Lexicon, liscis means blade, mahai means sword, an iltesh is a dueling sword, and a karambit is a two-handed sword. So with all of that being said, if there was to be a specific elven version of the Blademaster title, what would that be? Something using one of these terms, or something else entirely?

I think I'll have more questions if this gains any traction.
Re: Variety of Questions 12/18/2015 06:19 PM CST
2. Ralel and the L'Karm aren't sovereign anything but they'd probably show up if anyone made serious moves against the Forest or Mountain Elves or their interests. This is assuming he hasn't gone full blown necromancer. It's my suspicion that he's still a moon mage* but no one's been able to catch him long enough to find out.

The Elven wardens and probably any and every self respecting Elf alive would fall upon anyone attempting to attack the Sana'ati tree in Leth. I suspect if successful, the attack would to lead to war upon whichever province the attacker was from; if not all non-Elven cities.

It's probably difficult to impossible to move an army through Leth Deriel because of Sithsia.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Ralel

http://tinyurl.com/pglvdwr <- The epedia page for the L'Karm Elven supremacy group.

Supposedly the group fell apart decades ago but Ralel was spotted in 2015 (or maybe 2014?) in Leth Deriel accompanied by stealthy elven wardens that looked a lot like L'Karm to me.

*Labeled Moon Mage a very long time ago. Poisoner, Sorceror, Assassin, Necromancer, Moon Mage all rolled into one probably.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Variety of Questions 12/18/2015 08:27 PM CST
>>Akiren: 1. I've been trying to search the boards (Ha!), but haven't come up with anything definitive: will there be racial weapon/armor templates released at some point? The iltesh specifically. And if so, will it ever be possible for elven players to make racial weapons/armor that give boosted stats/verbs/etc., but only in the hands of an elf?

Though there are some exceptions (such as older auction and shop merchandise), the current trend seems to be moving away from making items that perform better in the hands of a particular race. Rather, they are given racial taps and/or looks that can be used as an RP tool.

>>Akiren: 3. What would a sword like the http://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/Lhang be called in DR? I was thinking the karambit fit at first, but since that seems like its something specifically devoted to Snow Elves, I was looking for more of a Forest/Mountain Elf equivalent.

I don't think there is a template that is explicitly described that way, but you might be able to hand-wave some of the templates, especially if you get the weapon altered. (They won't let you change the noun on forged gear, but there is more flexibility with adjectives, especially if you have the title to match.)

I designed a weapon that looked somewhat similar to the one in your link. I used a glaes marauder's blade as the base item and then had it altered.

Tap: a gracefully curved avenger's blade with a serrated guard
Look: Remarkably light and well-balanced, this glaes sword is designed to deliver quick, decisive strikes. Featuring an extended grip and a minimal guard, the blade and hilt of the sword curve slightly in opposite directions. The guard itself is of an unusual L-shaped design: on one side is a short, talon-like projection, and on the other, a gryphon wing arching toward the point of the blade. On the cusp of the guard is a winged Imperial star bearing the initials "C. M."

>>Akiren: 4. According to the Ilithic Lexicon, liscis means blade, mahai means sword, an iltesh is a dueling sword, and a karambit is a two-handed sword. So with all of that being said, if there was to be a specific elven version of the Blademaster title, what would that be? Something using one of these terms, or something else entirely?

I would use the word for "blade."

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Variety of Questions 12/18/2015 09:00 PM CST
Liscis is the noun for Blade

Halipa is the noun for Master

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Variety of Questions 12/19/2015 02:45 AM CST
It's probably a reasonable expectation that Morganae has an army. She saw the Dwarves driven before her and heard the lamentations of their women. Single handedly she's a force to be reckoned with but you don't command the power she's had through history for thousands of years without a standing army. She's also influenced history when she chose not to apply those forces.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Variety of Questions 12/19/2015 07:47 AM CST
I really wish there were more elven development. Like really really. I'd love to see an expansion on elven clothing. Moreso than that, clans. Leth is boring if you aren't a forest elf. Give me a destination as a snow elf, as a mountain elf. Let me wander in Morganaes "kingdom". More racial titles would be cool. Some of those are fairly silly.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Variety of Questions 12/19/2015 09:04 AM CST

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Army_of_the_Mountain_Elves
Re: Variety of Questions 12/19/2015 09:55 AM CST
Could you be specific with what some cool elven titles might look like?

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Variety of Questions 12/19/2015 01:32 PM CST
For me? I don't know enough about how punctuation should work with Elven... I've not attended an ESL (Elven as a Second Language) class. Some of the prepositions are tough. I don't see "Of" so I substitute "From" I guess... This is just the list I made from the words I liked in the elven language for my characters...

Shar'Galdo
Savage Assassin

Crauyo'Jan
Blood Spirit

Ond'Mihman
Mountain Guard

Ond'Sanborroc
Mountain Warrior

Ond'Prio
Mountain Soldier

Ond'Ocu
Mountain Scorpion

Bizar'Sora'Ond
Beast from the Mountain

Crauyo'Sora'Ond
Blood from the Mountain

Gau'Gauza
Night Terror

Ond'Gerezi
Mountain Chief(tan)

Gorma'Gerezi
War Chief(tan)

Zaher'Halipa
Poison Master

Liscis'Halipa
Blade Master

Liscis'Jaun
Blade Lord

Ond'Jaun
Mountain Lord

Penten'Medies
Fierce Hunter

Isiljen'Medies
Silent Hunter

Ond'Indar
Mountain Strength

Indar'Sora'Ond
Strength from the Mountain

Bizar'Sora'Ond
Beast from the Mountian

Dogan'Sora'Ond
Brother from the Mountain

El'Sora'Ond
Hand from the Mountain

Ond'Galdo
Mountains Assassin

El'Sora'Janis
Hand from the Gods

Monster Elec

Re: Variety of Questions 12/19/2015 10:16 PM CST
Nice assortment Elec. I currently don't play an Elf but was always looking for a better grouping of titles. Honestly I think s'kra have some of the best racial title choices. I do however play a few humans and they are the worst.

I say s'kra have some of the best because they seem to take more of a warrior class approach.

S'sugi, Guard, Uku'uangi, Arsharra'grah, Night Watcher, Pi'pejekmi, Knife Thrower, Taishar, Warrior, Nehlata Hhsran, Swift Dagger, Dako'gi, Hunter

Not a bad grouping of racial titles there. pretty solid for only a 30ish level s'kra. You see stuff like s'sugi and dako'gi which tie into things in game quite well. Taishar.... don't get me started on that haha, I just like that for my own reasons.
Re: Variety of Questions 12/20/2015 12:28 AM CST
Thanks. My favorite s'kra title is Smohz. Elec was originally s'kra.

I have...

Reserved, Forest Herald, Wind Herald, River Herald, Sand Herald, Snow Herald, Palisade Herald, Intolerant, Woodlander, Halophilous, Hydrophilous, Wind Listener, Breeze Catcher, Oak Hand, Righteous Bow, Lord of the Sands, Ammophilous, Dendrophilous, Lithophilous, Nemophilist, Philonoist, Metropolitan, Chionophile, Su'Gul, Water Flower, Parched, Shar'Elur, Snow Savage, Tundra, Unchained, Silent, Unbroken

They just don't grab me. I've always liked how dastardly Morganae is. Titles in DR in general lack that darker element... that grit. Unless you are a Barb, I suppose there's some there.

Monster Elec

Re: Variety of Questions 12/20/2015 01:36 AM CST
I hear you Elec, that's what my point was. The Elven titles are like snowflake titles..kind of irritating.
Re: Variety of Questions 12/20/2015 08:19 AM CST
> Chionophile

I knew you couldn't be trusted around the... Nevermind... Wrong word!
Re: Variety of Questions 12/20/2015 12:54 PM CST
lol

Monster Elec

Re: Variety of Questions 12/20/2015 04:23 PM CST
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm with you in that most of the elven titles have a little too much flower power for my liking, but I don't think there are very many options for custom titles either. As an elf barbarian I was looking for something distinctly elven and martial, but it doesn't look like those exist just yet.

Also, I remember the L'Karm and was very interested in them when they were active, but as was stated they disappeared for more than a decade. If they're active again, or Queen Morganae is or anything related to the mountain, I would certainly like to follow along with whatever's going on. I don't know how I missed of the Army of the Mountain Elves entry on the wiki, thank you for the link, and it looks like there's a lot of titles and opportunities mentioned therein. It's a good assumption that every able-bodied elf would rush to the defense of the Sana'ati tree, but I think with as culturally and spiritually significant as the tree is to the elves, a specially designated order of protectors isn't outside of the question, and I imagine they wouldn't all need to be rangers either.

That's a pretty cool sword Isharon, and you're right it's along the lines of what I'm looking for. I've been hoping for years to come across a 2HE/ME (I guess it would be 2HE/SE now), sword that would be like hand-and-a-half version of the Iltesh, but with the way the economy has changed since I've been gone I'd imagine I'd need to win a 60k plat auction to get one. Although increased stats may be out of favor, nice fluff/verbs/utility would be pretty great as well.

So, how do we get more interaction with the Mountain going? Customer service, player group, wha?
Re: Variety of Questions 12/20/2015 05:24 PM CST
Part of why I inquired with Elec was that the racial titles are a newer thing, and have the chance that they may have updates. Hopefully a GM will be impressed, inspired and fire off a proposal and throw some of them into the title bank.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Variety of Questions 12/20/2015 05:27 PM CST
Personally I wished Catwalker would have been included because of https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elven_Folk_(book), the part of the Wind Elf part of the Elven Folk book.

---
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Re: Variety of Questions 12/21/2015 08:05 AM CST
I see in some descriptions that non-Elves could be part of L'Karm. What would be the rational of this? Traditional Elven allies like Elothean who are sympathetic to Ilithi and want Riverhaven to be free of its Human rulers in Zoluren? People who just want to watch the world burn?
Re: Variety of Questions 01/08/2016 07:57 PM CST
Sorry for the late reply but having been a part of the L'Karm back in the day it was pretty much as you say. Elotheans primarily but some others depending on how valuable they were to Ralel. I might he would have simply had them killed if he had completed his goals, whatever they were.

"If I take death into my life, acknowledge it, and face it squarely, I will free myself from the anxiety of death and the pettiness of life - and only then will I be free to become myself." ~ Martin Heidegger
Re: Variety of Questions 05/19/2018 08:12 PM CDT

We were asked for titles, and I never saw anything come from it. In talking with a few other people tonight I figured I'd bring this back up since I submitted several.

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/The%20Races%20of%20DragonRealms/Elves%20-%20Elven%20Observations/view/1185

Monster Elec

Re: Variety of Questions 05/19/2018 08:27 PM CDT
I vaguely remember when all the new titles were released from that racial title drive.

Searching the forums... looks like they were released on 3/5/2015

http://forums.play.net/forums/DragonRealms/Discussions%20with%20DragonRealms%20Staff%20and%20Players/Game%20Master%20and%20Official%20Announcements/thread/1691013
Re: Variety of Questions 05/19/2018 09:00 PM CDT
And then it was asked that we come up with more. Hence my post in Dec.

Monster Elec