Question / Idea 10/01/2013 03:58 PM CDT
Is there any chance some Elven weapons could be made similar to a Dwarven Tunneler's Axe? i.e. a weapon that would perform better in the hands of an elf.

Maybe this has already happened? are there elven such weapons out there?

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: Question / Idea 10/01/2013 04:02 PM CDT
some Elven star blades that you are holding.

The starburst-shaped metal has been etched with minute curlicues that cover every surface, even the narrowest pointed corners.

These seem to work better in elven hands.

I'd like to see more of these things, for each race, including humans, heck I could see something similar for guild weapons too. (Just a little edge to the approriate class or race for using their specific weapon/item).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Question / Idea 10/02/2013 06:41 PM CDT
I'm not sure if the blades do or not, or if there's an easy way to check.

I'll put it on my list to look at though.

~Evike
Re: Question / Idea 10/03/2013 01:11 PM CDT
Those Elven Blades were supposed to be a bit better in Elven hands, just like the Elothean Gladius was supposed to have better stats in their hands.

At least that is what the shop sign said:

''A silvered sign reads:
"The gladius is most suited to the sagacious hands of Elotheans." (+2 to Impact, Balance and Suitedness)

''A silvered sign reads:
"The blades are most suited to the mercurial hands of Elves."

The blades don't seem to have a second appraisal, I just tried on my Elf.

I know that is why I bought both of them for my characters. :)
Re: Question / Idea 12/09/2013 12:16 PM CST
The Elothean gladius does that for Elotheans.

The only weapon I know of that changes for Elven hands was an auction iltesh years ago. Something about a wren on the description of it IIRD. Was heavy puncture and well balanced for Elves though.

Would be awesome if something like that showed up as a quest prize.
Re: Question / Idea 12/09/2013 05:46 PM CST
Again, the elven star blades, a type of stackable throwing blades have different appraisels.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.