Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 11:41 AM CDT
Any chance we could ever see a release of the Elf Clans as affiliation titles to use? Would be nice to see XXX of the Wind Clan, for example, instead of using "of Elanthia."
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 11:49 AM CDT
Perhaps. I don't expect to see the clans themselves out anytime remotely soon. But fudging the titles might be doable.

GM Jaedren
Events Guy
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 12:02 PM CDT
Well some of the clan "areas" are sorta out already.
Haizen Cugis - Sand Elves
Ilaya Taipa - River Elves

Some fudging could make:
Chyolvea Tayeu'a - Mountain Elves? Maybe some sort of office held by some underling of Morgane's.
Zaldi Taipa/Horse Clan - Wind Elves? Maybe some sort of historian could bestow this upon people.
Fayrin's Rest - Forest Elves? Same as Chyolvea?

I really don't know about Snow Elves and Bone Elves. Each for different reasons. :)

You snap your furry fingers.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 12:38 PM CDT
Leth Deriel is Forest Elves. Mountain Elves is where Queen Morganae is? Not sure if they are the same as Snow Elves.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 01:07 PM CDT
> Perhaps. I don't expect to see the clans themselves out anytime remotely soon. But fudging the titles might be doable.

I'm ALL for supported clans, sure. But for now, all I'm asking is usable "Clan" titles.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 03:56 PM CDT
>>>Mountain Elves is where Queen Morganae is? Not sure if they are the same as Snow Elves.

While they have cultural similarities (isolationism, xenophobia, highly territorial, strict mating/wedding protocols, etc) they are in fact two wholly separate clans. They would also probably happily try to rip each others throats out if they wandered into the other's territory.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 04:06 PM CDT
So.

First, Chyolvea Tayeu'a is an Elothean thing. Snow Elves aren't Mountain Elves. Bone Elves wouldn't be a joinable affiliation, because you know, like terrorists, they look just like any other Elf. (Also, like the Elothean House of the All-Seeing Eye). While Haizen Cugis, Ilaya Taipa and Zaldi Taipa are little outposts for specific clans, that's all they really seem to be. Sand, River and Wind ("Horse") are all generally spread out and some are migratory. Snow is probably more like a viking tribe than anything else - and they are unfortunately the ones we seem to have the least information on. Anyway.

I don't think titles need to be associated with a "base" or anything like that. You're either of a specific clan, or not. Eh.

_______
Want to be a Necromancer? Use this flowchart. Totally Xerasyth approved.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Ysselt/Necroflowchart
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 05:57 PM CDT
I only bring up the idea of a "base" so that there can be a reasonable location where a clerk or other title-giving NPC can reside for people to go to them and get said affiliation. I only say this because it seems to be the way the affiliation title system works for now. Perhaps even have these NPC's request tasks or tribute in order to achieve the title, and to return to them in order to pay any taxes or dues.

I didn't know Chyolvea was an Elothean thing. I thought it was a Warrior Mage thing, and being that it is in the Dragonspine would make sense to be somewhat in Morgane's territory. Leth for forest elves is somewhat debatable being the history of power struggle between some of those forest elves and the ruling powers of Zoluren.

Yeah I have no idea where a Snow Elf area would be or what would be considered in their territory. Likewise with Bone Elves, not really sure they have a territory or exist only as a guerrilla clan.

You snap your furry fingers.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/22/2012 06:13 PM CDT
<<First, Chyolvea Tayeu'a is an Elothean thing. Snow Elves aren't Mountain Elves.

Haha yeah, Elamiri isn't in game and I doubt there are plans to change that... it is supposed to be inhospitable.

<<Bone Elves wouldn't be a joinable affiliation, because you know, like terrorists, they look just like any other Elf. (Also, like the Elothean House of the All-Seeing Eye).

Actually, I think this may be somewhat skewed in perspective. The Bone Elves are MOUNTAIN ELF terrorists. Mountain Elves, on the other hand, are a blend of pre-existing Elven Clans like Snow, Wind, and Forest. So yes, Bone Elves don't "look" like anything, but I'm really not certain all Elves consider them terrorists.

<<While Haizen Cugis, Ilaya Taipa and Zaldi Taipa are little outposts for specific clans, that's all they really seem to be. Sand, River and Wind ("Horse") are all generally spread out and some are migratory. Snow is probably more like a viking tribe than anything else - and they are unfortunately the ones we seem to have the least information on. Anyway.

Snow Elves are either light-haired or dark-haired, light-skinned or dark-skinned, light-eyed or dark-eyed, tall or short, and friendly or ill-tempered, depending on which sources you prefer.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/27/2012 02:14 PM CDT
<<The Bone Elves are MOUNTAIN ELF terrorists.

Bone Elves follow Sidhlot, who is a sworn enemy of the Mountain after failing to take over leaderahip from Morganae. If you meant they specifically try to terrorize the mountain elves at any opportunity then I concur.

<<Mountain Elves, on the other hand, are a blend of pre-existing Elven Clans like Snow, Wind, and Forest

Mountain Elves were from Wind Clan before they were enslaved.

-P

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/27/2012 02:15 PM CDT
Oh and +1 on the affiliation title idea. Love it.

Luck is nothing more than opportunity meeting preparation.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/29/2012 01:56 PM CDT
Syn is a Sand Elf and has the custom title 'Heru Ajac' which I got a while ago as I got impatient waiting for Elven racial titles to appear. I also have a Snow Elf and a River Elf character.

From my understanding and from what I have gleaned from various sources, Snow Elves are found mainly on the island of Surlaenis. the karambit is a traditional Snow Elf weapon, being a barbaric tribe and those are found on the island in Kilora's weaponsmith shop.

I love the River Elf lore also, and would like to thank the creator(s) of the Elven shop at the guild fest who finally supplied me with a Takbahn.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 05/31/2012 08:04 PM CDT
I'm not sure where the idea of Snow Elves being from Surlaenis comes from. Aside from the snowbeast / snow goblin area, Surlaenis is supposed to be a largely tropical island with rocky and rainy outer shores. Aesry Surlaenis'a itself is described as something like "the lush green paradise center" of the island.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 06/01/2012 05:49 AM CDT
Unfortunately I couldn't find much more evidence than http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Elven_Clans but I am sure I have read it elsewhere/inferred it from other sources.

Aesry has quite a lot of mountainous area, the heights of which are snow covered, so as well as the Snow Goblin area there is the area above the other side of town where Snaer Hafwa are found.

I must admit though that there is no specific evidence in those locations that Snow Elves live there, and there is not a great deal of detail about which Elven clans migrated to the island during the Elven-Human war, but on the other hand there is no evidence they don't, being that they are not exactly social with outsiders.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 06/01/2012 07:16 AM CDT
I would think that, as an entire clan, the Snow Elves likely came from somewhere in Ilithi. Given that the Elves who left the mainland due to the War of Tears were refugees traveling with Elotheans, it seems unlikely they were the highly insular Snow clan. Also, the refugees then built the city of Aesry Surlaenis'a, rather than settling in the mountains. If you read over the history of the island/city, it sounds unlikely to have gotten an entire Elven clan, let alone that specific one.
Re: Affiliation Titles/Elf Clans 06/01/2012 08:19 AM CDT
I always pictured the Snow Elves as living in/on/around the Dragonspine mountains, most likely in frequent conflict with the Mountain Elves. Though now that you mention sources, I have no idea from which I pieces together that idea.