Elven Items 06/22/2010 08:23 PM CDT
I'm doing a personal research project which may help with something Elven I have cooking up, but I need a bit of information.

Does anyone (GMs included) know what the official Clan crests for the Elven clans are? At one point there was a shop, quite a long time ago that have Elven items from each clan (NOT A Cultured Attire). In that shop, each item had something that looked like it could have been a Clan crest on it. This shop had hacs and ilajac's (sp?) and other items on it.

If you own one of these items, can you please copy and paste the TAP and LOOK of that item in response to this message? Or if anyone has a link to where these shop items can be found, I would appreciate it.

This information used to be on a website called Forgotten Lore but the last few times I checked that site it was a dead end.

Thank you in advance!

- Terra
Re: Elven Items 06/22/2010 08:43 PM CDT
The 'hac' is referenced in the book Rissan Wedding Customs. If you search Elanthipedia you'll see a few characters names wearing 'hac'.

Regards,

Sortny/Braunwen
Re: Elven Items 06/22/2010 09:01 PM CDT
This stuff?

a brown doeskin catils sewn with the Sana'ati Dyaus on the back
an azure wool catils sewn with a ship with billowed sails on the back
a silver silk catils sewn with a throne encircled by a gold crown on the back
a black leather catils sewn with a chestnut horse in mid-stride on the back
a white cotton catils sewn with a brown mountain encircled by a golden crown on the back
a grey fur-lined catils sewn with a snowflake pierced by a karambit on the back
a dusty brown velvet catils sewn with a yeehar imposedatop a golden sun on the back

The shop was called "Elven Accoutrements," and I think its last appearance was at the second Theren fest.

There were a lot of similar items (ilalish, coinec), but I think these are the ones that give what are closest to the "crests" of the various clans in the taps. In any case, I have the entire inventory (without looks), and I think you can find the full inventory in drfuturepast's fest reconstruction section.

Hope this helps!
Re: Elven Items 06/22/2010 10:14 PM CDT
Those are really cool.

Re: Elven Items 06/22/2010 11:04 PM CDT
Thank you so much Synyster (I think that's your character name! :-X ) That's perfect, that will help me remember what the actual crest in the look was.

Thanks a million for that.

- Terra
Re: Elven Items 06/22/2010 11:06 PM CDT
You're welcome, although none of my characters are named Synyster. :)
Re: Elven Items 06/22/2010 11:25 PM CDT
>>although none of my characters are named Synyster.

Just kidding then ;-)

- Terra