books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/10/2006 04:05 PM CDT
Ok this has gotten a bit out of context. The basic idea I had put forth were ways of keeping things coherent with the history of this race. This was not intended as a theological debate or even a debate at all.

Basicly I still have yet to get a definate "yes" or "no" as to weather it is even possiable to make such a huge change to a race so long after its introduction. Obviously there are ways to explain such a change without disrupting things. Maybe the ways we have thought up are not to your liking but that doesnt mean there arnt other ways.

I know this one thing in peticular has been a topic for Rakash players since the race was introduced. While in one hand its is awesome to see the mechanics of the game in work even on a large scale like telling 100 players that its time for them to change into moonskin and visa versa. On the other hand, I personally find it to be rather childish and too novelty. Are there not already ledgends and stories about real Werewolves in the game as opposed to a race of them? Im not sure but that would be something to find out.

Either way it has been a very long time since the world dragon came.

Scout Alexii.

>snugg racc
I think you've been out hunting too long if a baby raccoon is starting to look like good snuggle material.
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/10/2006 07:02 PM CDT
I'm sure the World Dragon is just another lie. We can't prove it, there for it can not be.

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
And the light of a fading star
Is what you wear is what you are
Like the glow that cristens the moon
You shone too soon, you shone too soon
_______
"Don't be an Airplane." - Baelor
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/10/2006 10:59 PM CDT
>I'm sure the World Dragon is just another lie. We can't prove it, there for it can not be

Whole thing was filmed in a studio on a Hollywood lot.

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
"Barbarians should not have a bonus to forging."
- DiminishedAngel
"People 'should' steal smart."
- Wighten
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/11/2006 08:04 AM CDT
>While in one hand its is awesome to see the mechanics of the game in work even on a large scale like telling 100 players that its time for them to change into moonskin and visa versa. On the other hand, I personally find it to be rather childish and too novelty.

You change forms from birth (or before) and for some unknown reason you can't tell when it is about to happen. Just about any woman can tell you when she's about to... and that isn't from birth. So I don't see how some information to let you know right before moonskin is childish and novelty.

Ebil Cleric Bambina
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/11/2006 10:07 AM CDT
Actually I'd find that information really...really...insanely valuable.

You feel a faint tug from Katamba.
>perceive moonskin
You focus your mind on your connection to Katamba, sensing it will be full in 9 roisaen.
>"Hmmm, time to pack up."
You say, "Hmmm, time to pack up."
>get arrow
>shea scim

---

Just as an example...

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
_______
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/11/2006 01:13 PM CDT
What I ment by childish and novelty is the change itself, not the messaging.

Scout Alexii.

>snugg racc
I think you've been out hunting too long if a baby raccoon is starting to look like good snuggle material.
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/12/2006 08:44 AM CDT
So playing a Rakash is childish? How so?

Personally, I find them to be a rather interesting race. So they change into moonskin. I don't understand how that's childish or novelty.

Are prydaen childish and novelty because they have tails?

S'kra for that matter?

Are Gor'Togs childish because they can start with 14 strength? They have no hair?

Are Elves novelty because they have pointy ears?

Are halflings just novelty because they can blow smoke images?

Are dwarves childish and novelty because the women have beards?

I'm sorry...I just fail to understand how a racial trait is childish and novelty.

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
_______
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/12/2006 03:12 PM CDT
I never heard of the amazing trio of adventures who slew the world dragon and brought peace to elathina... the werewolf, the vampire, and the creature from the black lagoon?

and frankenstiens monster

Scout Alexii.

>snugg racc
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/12/2006 04:04 PM CDT
>>I never heard of the amazing trio of adventures who slew the world dragon and brought peace to elathina... the werewolf, the vampire, and the creature from the black lagoon?

Not the black lagoon, Gwenalion Lake. Gwenalion thinks the creature from the black lagoon is a total poser and would make a nice tent or something. She also has the hots for Sir Ness (he was secretly knighted by the Queen about 6 years ago, apparently).

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/12/2006 06:33 PM CDT
>and frankenstiens monster

Frankenstein never scared me.
But marsupiels do.
Because they're fast.

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
_______
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/12/2006 07:03 PM CDT
>>>Frankenstein never scared me.
>>>But marsupiels do.
>>>Because they're fast.

It is not always speed you need to worry about. Look at Pepe Le Pew. He wasn't fast at all, but he always knew the shortcuts that his panic-ridden future beau could bypass.

And Pepe didn't hold a candle to the king of all slow-movers: Droopy! If I had Droopy Dog on my tail, I'd give it up as a bad deal and surrender as soon as possible. Otherwise, I'd wind up getting greeted by that insipid little "Hello there." in the middle of a safe that had been dropped onto the bottom of the ocean. (Probably snuck in the air tanks when I wasn't looking.)

Amagaim; the player of,

Don't write it if you can say it.
Don't say it if you can whisper it.
Don't whisper it if you can imply it.
Don't imply it if you can nudge it.
Don't nudge it if you can wink it.
Don't wink it if you can help it.
Re: books,histroy,facts,and legends 04/12/2006 10:07 PM CDT
Frankenstien's monster was fast. Agile, strong, and intelligent too.