rakash 03/20/2006 09:06 PM CST
The thing is my topic has not been adressed.
Like stated it would be a great idea to give an echantment that could affect moonskin. Such as an amulet or stone, or even figurine, just something. That could affect moonskin for a time, I'm not saying until the next full moon, but perhaps an hour for each charge. It would have all the same affects that the change of the moon (stun or whatever)would apply to the same charater.
Of corse this would have to be somethign offered only though the Moon Mages and possiably only with help from an Empath since they know the ways of changing the body better than all others.
Just a thought.

Scout Alexii of the Ranger Guild
Mediator for the Order of the Black Fox
Keeper of the Order of the Black Fox
Councilman of the Order of the Black Fox
Re: rakash 03/21/2006 05:15 PM CST
If you ask me, I would think this would be more of a clerical issue instead of a Moon Mage issue.

Would think if the Moon mages could purify something that gave a true Katamba source, think Katamba would of already been fixed ;-) Would think this would require something Godly to effect, and that I think would come from Mrod.

But, then again, I am only a Prydaen guy, not a Rakash guy. What I know anyhow about Rakash ;-)

Shakahn

"You say to Alvy, "You, madam, are a peevish, rude-growing jolthead!"
>
Alvy says to you, "You, sir, are a lewd gnome-cruncher!"
>
Alvy laughs!
Re: rakash 03/21/2006 08:37 PM CST
Honestly, I can see it both ways - Moon Mage and Clerical - perhaps even requiring joint effort...

So here's a thought...

We take the devourer enchantment(which is a pearl scribed with the sigil of Katamba) and bless it. Voila - Mrod's Blessing

Or perhaps, make a devourer from a blessed(preimbued?) pearl.

Again, instant Moonskin.

Now heres why I can see it going both ways, my character's theology aside.

Rakash are granted Moonskin when Katamba is full. Mrod grants them Moonskin. Think of it like burning ants with a magnifying glass. You need both the spyglass(Katamba) and the sun(Mrod) to burn the ant(Rakash). Perhaps Mrod can't do it without a full Katamba any more, or a strong Katambic influence.

Fateweaver Meerc
The above post should be taken with a grain of [explitive deleted].
_______
To hell with unity
Seperation will kill us all
Torn to shreds and disjointed
Before the final fall
_______
"Don't be an Airplane." - Baelor
Re: rakash 03/21/2006 08:57 PM CST
I see it as a MM issue, from a cleric perspective. Because it involves creating the essence of a moon. The moon isn't cursed, or such. If it was, it would be clericy. But since it's just moon image/power manipulation, not really a cleric issue.

I suppose if you were to instead take it as a creation of Mrod's power, it could be a cleric issue, but that would also require the creation of a cleric enchanting/creation system. And since we don't have a GM right now, it's easier (and more reasonable) to go with the MM enchantment, in my opine.

Fine. I'm wrong.
Re: rakash 03/21/2006 09:16 PM CST
maybe use peircing gaze on it to see through the soot and transform to moonskin? and when pg wears off revert back to unmoonskin?

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
rakash 03/22/2006 06:16 AM CST
Well yes I can see how a cleric would come in handy. If communing with gods and begging for thier powers.

And these are all grand thoughts and standing back and looking at it I dont see why they couldnt work. If you create an item that would magnify the power of katamba, or even just and item with a full image of katamba imprinted on it; and allow it to control the moonskin of one person per object....why not. sounds plausiable.

Scout Alexii of the Ranger Guild
Mediator for the Order of the Black Fox
Keeper of the Order of the Black Fox
Councilman of the Order of the Black Fox
Re: rakash 03/22/2006 06:22 AM CST
>I suppose if you were to instead take it as a creation of Mrod's power, it could be a cleric issue, but that would also require the creation of a cleric enchanting/creation system. And since we don't have a GM right now, it's easier (and more reasonable) to go with the MM enchantment, in my opine.

Seconded; even though I still don't like the idea.

Bambina
Re: rakash 03/22/2006 07:13 AM CST
Racial feats should just allow us to stay in moonskin if we want.

Lunar + Holy = bad things, usually. I'd be willing to accept permanant moonskin as a result of lunar + holy.

This is a really tired argument; players of rakash have been asking for an actual benefit to moonskin, aside from tail/ear, for as long as I can remember.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: rakash 03/22/2006 01:14 PM CST
>an actual benefit to moonskin

Possible rumor, but I thought I had heard somewhere that moonskin gives you some kind of skill or stat boost. Any conclusive testing been done on that?

Aside from that, there is the solid benefit of fangs. Chomp chomp, baby!

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: rakash 03/22/2006 04:11 PM CST
Well, there is a bonus to brawling in Moonskin - but that's the same bonus associated with S'kra and Prydaen at all times.

I would definately like to see bonuses for Moonskin - maybe a Stamina and Strength boost with a slight agility penalty.

Fateweaver Meerc
The above post should be taken with a grain of [explitive deleted].
_______
To hell with unity
Seperation will kill us all
Torn to shreds and disjointed
Before the final fall
_______
"Don't be an Airplane." - Baelor
Re: rakash 03/22/2006 07:58 PM CST
>Possible rumor, but I thought I had heard somewhere that moonskin gives you some kind of skill or stat boost. Any conclusive testing been done on that?

There is moonskin messaging about better sight, clearer vision, stronger, more agile right after the change to moonskin. I think its just messaging. Its never allowed me to juggle more, or reduced weapon RT, or proven to me to be anything except messaging.

I would think those attributes would be common sense racial feats, so there is hope.

>there is the solid benefit of fangs

Ah yes, the bite (blessed bites for Rakash Paladins -preen-) are simply awesome. It was pretty damn funny to 'bite neck' on a PGDS and send its head floating away.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"