true form...yes 03/14/2006 07:54 AM CST
I do consider the "moonskin" to be the "true form" simply because before the world dragon scortched katamba the only form the Rakash knew what their half-wolf form. and if not for mrod than all rakash would be human all the time. He is the one that granted us the power to have our moonskin back when katamba was full.

Now i beleive that our moonskin is not so much tied to katamba as much as it is tied to mrod and he is tied to katamba. So when its full i.e. when mrod has his full power than we can have out moonskin. before it was scortched i feel mrod had the power to allow us the full use of the moonskin at all times. and now that his power has decreased so has ours.

Alexii Scout of the Order of the Black Fox
Re: true form...yes 03/14/2006 08:44 AM CST
<<Now i beleive that our moonskin is not so much tied to katamba as much as it is tied to mrod and he is tied to katamba. So when its full i.e. when mrod has his full power than we can have out moonskin. before it was scortched i feel mrod had the power to allow us the full use of the moonskin at all times. and now that his power has decreased so has ours.

I think the true form of Rakash is being Kaldar.

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.
Apis the Cleric's tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

Re: true form...yes 03/14/2006 12:01 PM CST
Well than how come i dont have a bonus to strength training? and why am i so much shorter then all them gorbesh offshoots.

Alexii Scout of the Order of the Black Fox
Re: true form...yes 03/14/2006 12:18 PM CST
<<Well than how come i dont have a bonus to strength training? and why am i so much shorter then all them gorbesh offshoots.

Because the mortal GMs messed up Rakash stats.

Real the stats are...

Str: +2
Agi: +1
Ref: +1
Cha: -
Dis: +1
Wis: -1
Int: -1
Sta: +2

Malkien the Barbarian has already been to the moon: that's why there are no signs of life there.

Re: true form...yes 03/14/2006 12:51 PM CST
I'd love to see your characters suddenly have those exact stat modifiers...

-Vorgahf

The last time Mr. T went to McDonald's, Ronald McDonald greeted him. What occured next proved to be the most violent beating of a clown ever recorded in human history.
Re: true form...yes 03/15/2006 02:11 PM CST
<<I think the true form of Rakash is being Kaldar.>>

Absolutely not. Their lore states that their true form is the moonskin form, but blah blah blah and now they are human most of the time. Not "Furless humanoid"--straight up HUMAN. It's been said that you wouldn't know a rakash out of moonskin from a human unless you were familiar with the race, as they do have slightly wild features and a subtly different look about them.

Also those stat modifiers are ridiculous and unbalanced and nobody messed them up. Rakash stats are the way they are because Rakash are set around the theme of surviving under harsh circumstances. Look at their story--they came from a near genocide and are now spread widely across the land. Not only that, but they can easily produce offpsring with many more races than anyone else--a testament to their survivability as a species.
Re: true form...yes 03/15/2006 02:38 PM CST
+3 points for missing the point of that post.

Fine. I'm wrong.
Re: true form...yes 03/15/2006 03:50 PM CST
Haha.. I got a kick outta that too.

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: true form...yes 03/15/2006 04:43 PM CST
Ahahaha.

Yeah, okay, I'll just say it this way.

The topic is dead and going nowhere. If you want to nitpick over interpretation more, though, I won't try and stop you anymore.

Re: true form...yes 03/16/2006 01:23 PM CST
<<+3 points for missing the point of that post.>>

With some of the things that people have been posting in here, it never actually crossed my mind that he could have been using sarcasm.

Thank god.
Re: true form...yes 03/16/2006 02:29 PM CST
<<With some of the things that people have been posting in here, it never actually crossed my mind that he could have been using sarcasm.

:)

If it's coming from me, it's about a 50/50 that it's sarcasm.