rakash true form 03/03/2006 09:12 PM CST
I think its crap to think that this change will forever doom the rakash to being nothign more than trophy race.

I play a rakash as my main and have since the race was introduced. I enjoy being a Rakash.

It's my opinion that with the surge in Rakash population and the length of time that has passed since the moon was blackened, that Mrod would have enough power or that the black moon would heal itself. Maybe even one of the other "gods" woudl help to heal to moon so that we Rakash can be stronger and more able to battle the undead that took our lands and the lands of the Pyradeans.

And what of Rakash who have embraced the Immortals? and the "true" god? Or whatever you want to call them. woudl their gods wich them to suffer.

Personally I dislike the change between the two. I would much rather remain in wolf form, not to be a puppy and choose such a cheeky way to RP. Mainly because as a rakash I feel it is our TRUE form and that we deserve to have it back.

Alexii Scout of the Order of the Black Fox
Re: rakash true form 03/03/2006 09:50 PM CST
<<I think its crap to think that this change will forever doom the rakash to being nothign more than trophy race.>>

What change are you referring to, exactly?

<<It's my opinion that with the surge in Rakash population and the length of time that has passed since the moon was blackened, that Mrod would have enough power or that the black moon would heal itself.>>

The moon has been blackened for... what, a thousand years? Two thousand? It's probably not gonna be changing. And if it DID change, it would severely impact the moon mage guild, so that's probably not going to happen.

Marksman Ahmir Nam'al

[pi]
Re: rakash true form 03/03/2006 10:30 PM CST
>> The moon has been blackened for... what, a thousand years? Two thousand?

I would pin it at over four or five thousand.

Rev. Reene, player of a few

Niaura asks, "wat happen?"
>
You say to Niaura, "Someone set you up the bomb."
Re: rakash true form 03/03/2006 10:42 PM CST
>What change are you referring to, exactly?

He's referring to a player proposed change that regards allowing MM enchantments to induce moonskin.

>The moon has been blackened for... what, a thousand years? Two thousand?

Tens of thousands.. though there are conflicting sources. The point is, yeah. It's not going to be changing. From "The Immortals" by Amritam Gweththew and Rowan Windlyric:
"...as the [World] Dragon was undefeatable, so were the wounds it had dealt unhealable."
"Eluned quenched it with her waters, but the moon would be black forever after."

-Fuquois-

"A witty saying proves nothing."
- Voltaire
Re: rakash true form 03/03/2006 10:51 PM CST
For those that believe in Gods and the World Dragon's existence anyway ;)

(sorry had to say it)

Rev. Reene, player of a few

Niaura asks, "wat happen?"
>
You say to Niaura, "Someone set you up the bomb."
Re: rakash true form 03/04/2006 09:48 AM CST
Theology and Philosophy...I am Theosopher Meerc...

Anyway...

Someone mentioned that it was Mrod who took away Moonskin. I would assert that it wasn't his intent, but that his power(Katamba) became too weak after the World Dragon scorched it.

But as for the Heralds, that's easy enough to figure out. Heralds don't grant favors, Heralds operate in groups of three, and Heralds are more powerful than the Immortals. Hence, it took the immortals summoning the World Dragon in order to even harm Mrod - and even then the World Dragon(which overpowered the Immortals) wasn't strong enough to fully off Mrod.

>>She hates the sun, and often is involved in plotting ways to destroy it; some believe she had a hand in the creation of the World Dragon. - Dergati, http://www.play.net/dr/info/gods/damaris.asp

Again, Heralds always work in 3s. Glacis, Eerayn, and Sildua. Elide, Issendar, and Krimhara.

It stands to reason, then, that the other Powers of Three which do not grant favors, yet are powerful enough to shape the world beyond the Immortal's imagining, are: Tenemlor, Demrris, and Eu, as well as another power of three, Mrod, Coshivi, and Enelne.

Being Heralds would easily explain why they avoid the affairs of Mortals. The Immortals love Mortals, find them interesting, and spend most of their time mucking up things on Elanthia.

The Heralds, on the other hand, pay little attention to Elanthia, or at least Kermoria, and stand outside of the Immortals.

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
Must it take a life for hateful eyes
To glisten once again
Cause we find ourselves in the same old mess
Singin' drunken lullabies
______
Lost? Questions? Don't Panic!
http://www.fateweaver.net
Re: rakash true form 03/04/2006 10:01 AM CST
Cool, thanks for the info.

-Vorgahf

The last time Mr. T went to McDonald's, Ronald McDonald greeted him. What occured next proved to be the most violent beating of a clown ever recorded in human history.
Re: rakash true form 03/08/2006 07:14 PM CST
The rest of the 13 also work in 3s.

Funny that way, isn't it? How Mrod is a god and not a herald?

Either way changing it now would be dumb.
Re: rakash true form 03/08/2006 08:00 PM CST
>The rest of the 13 also work in 3s.

Except they're the light/dark/moderate aspects about a central pillar, while the 3 heralds are simply 3 different pillars. At least in my eyes.

Fine. I'm wrong.
Re: rakash true form 03/08/2006 09:40 PM CST
Mrod is a herald. I even listed him as a Herald.

Did I miss something?

And the last post pretty much sums it up. The Immortals don't work in threes, they just have light/dark aspects.

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
So I will pave this road till glory
Watches the broken spirit soar
Resignate with perfect reason
Shut life's last gloomy door
_______
Hundreds of toys for sale @
http://www.fateweaver.net/sales
Re: rakash true form 03/09/2006 01:25 PM CST
<<Mrod is a herald. I even listed him as a Herald.

Did I miss something?>>

Oh right I forgot you are a GM.
Re: rakash true form 03/09/2006 04:49 PM CST
????

If you dislike Theology, don't get into a Theological discussion.

Fateweaver Meerc
_______
So I will pave this road till glory
Watches the broken spirit soar
Resignate with perfect reason
Shut life's last gloomy door
_______
Hundreds of toys for sale @
http://www.fateweaver.net/sales