While I'm on it . . . 09/01/2003 02:35 AM CDT
I'm willing to bet that it's been answered before, but what will happen when characters start reaching the age that they should start dying of natural causes? Also, if it /is/ possible to end it that way, is there anything in place to balance out between the races that hardly get any (geologic) time to get anything done and those that have all the (geologic) time in the world to live and do whatever?
Re: While I'm on it . . . 09/01/2003 02:51 AM CDT

We have been told there will be no natural dying off, not for age, not for anything.

~player of Syrath

Kinsmen, Steel, Stone.
www.stone-clan.com

Nin showrskilik dabru dangig kvuthen, "Derg ewn tharfe mate nin verdh suun nin kwin bowr, nin kwin bowr va nin verdh."
Re: While I'm on it . . . 03/03/2004 02:36 PM CST
<<<but what will happen when characters start reaching the age that they should start dying of natural causes?>>

Age is for the most part fluff. Your character wont die or suffer adverse affects from aging. The oldest pc right now is middle aged, and as a tog im barely at the midway point*, and this is 7.5 years after creation. I use age for rp, i cant wait to assume my rightful place in middle age.

Imp

*- combining precharacter transfer ages.

"Your body writhes as if struck by a bolt of lightning, but the sensation passes, leaving you flushed and out of breath, yet still shivering from the experience."
Re: While I'm on it . . . 03/03/2004 05:51 PM CST
I'll trade you one middle age for a young?

~Dulcinia

Bractos: I have a whole new appreciation for this all female regiment thing now.

Allurana asks, "Does this mean we get to kill men now?"
Re: While I'm on it . . . 03/04/2004 10:56 AM CST
<<I'll trade you one middle age for a young?>>

Hey maybe we can convince the gms to make that a trader ability...

Imp

"Your body writhes as if struck by a bolt of lightning, but the sensation passes, leaving you flushed and out of breath, yet still shivering from the experience."
Re: While I'm on it . . . 03/05/2004 04:37 PM CST
>"The oldest pc right now is middle aged."

The oldest Human PC is (or was) "mature".

-Robert

-___Please, learn to argue before you try:
http://www.datanation.com/fallacies/
Re: While I'm on it . . . 03/06/2004 03:50 PM CST
Who is that? I don't believe it.

~Dulcinia

Bractos: I have a whole new appreciation for this all female regiment thing now.

Allurana asks, "Does this mean we get to kill men now?"
Re: While I'm on it . . . 03/06/2004 07:49 PM CST
<<Who is that? I don't believe it.>>

i dont know the rp breakdown of ages for all the races, so saying the oldest person i know is about 57 doesnt really translate into anything tangible without that chart. Maybe some races reach mature at that "age" (adjust for race as fitting)

Imp

Re: While I'm on it . . . 03/10/2004 03:57 AM CST
>>Who is that? I don't believe it.

I believe it based simply on the fact that my oldest still-active character, who started out at 16 maybe 3 months before the web move, is going to turn 42 within a week.

-Steinn-

"[A Barbarian's] lust for gold is immense, their love of drink boundless. Barbarians are without restraint... Although generally they are considered good-looking." -Herwig Wolfram, The History of the Goths