Bastard children 06/18/2003 07:14 PM CDT
Why are gnomes the bastard children of DR? We can barley wear armor, you remove the only decent armor shop, you make us tog balls, and now we can be fed to dragons - oh please feed me to the dragon. Why cant the race be a bit more serious, has anyone tried playing a gnome. 4str is hard enough already - we need some TLC.
Re: Bastard children 06/18/2003 07:39 PM CDT
>Why are gnomes the bastard children of DR?

Because you're gnomes.

>you make us tog balls,

It's my understanding that any race can be a togball, just that gnomes are easier to throw.

>and now we can be fed to dragons

This idea is a joke. Don't be so overly sensetive.

Qreyq

Come to the Pack House!
http://www.rakashpack.8m.com/

Re: Bastard children 06/18/2003 07:54 PM CDT
Well the dragon will probably eat everything from gnome to war mammoth.

Steel.

"Theoretically an alchemist could make a monkey pill that, when it reacts with intestinal enzymes, turns into a monkey which then is shot out of my butt at high speed. I don't see why ANYONE would want to control sale of that." -Me
Re: Bastard children 06/19/2003 12:03 PM CDT
>">and now we can be fed to dragons

>This idea is a joke. Don't be so overly sensetive."

Clearly a joke, as feeding a gnome to a Dragon would be fairly pointless. It's like feeding someone a single peanut. A peanut that tastes bad.

-Robert
Re: Bastard children 06/21/2003 08:02 PM CDT
Much as it hurts to pass up a good joke, I have refrained from gnome jokes in game because the Kaldar and Gnomes have a mutual respect. I've not seen many other Kaldar crack jokes about them either.
I've met some gnomes there is no chance in Leth I'd want to cross. They've worked through the inherant racial weaknesses and achieved some impressive levels of skill.
A gnomish moon mage, thief, bard, trader- these are, RP and guild wise, niches well suited for their stature.
Warmages less so. Rangers... well...
And a gnomish barbarian... that would be the joke. (And I'm sure there are a few out there that might have exception to my comment.)
Point is, if you are a pipsqueak, don't play togball.
Adapt, Improvise, Run like hell.

Oh yeah... gnome recipe #542...
*Barbeque lack of ribs.*

Jerevth

Not evil, just misunderstood.
Re: Bastard children 06/21/2003 09:19 PM CDT
Oh, I crack jokes on the Gnomes, but only when I know they will take them as intended, that being good-natured humor shared between two peoples who went through the same ordeals at the hands of the Gorbesh Empire. Which is also why I am not insulted every time I am invited to join one of the Gnome meetings because they need someone for Climb the Kaldar. <smirk>

Those without a sense of humor I just pat them on the top of their shiny little heads and let them be. :-D

~~~Krin
Re: Bastard children 06/25/2003 12:55 PM CDT
>>that being good-natured humor shared between two peoples who went through the same ordeals at the hands of the Gorbesh Empire.

Other than a religious schizm, Kaldars faced no 'ordeals'. Gnomes, on the other hand, were incredibly respected by the Gorbesh for their ability to creat weapons of mass destruction. The Gorbesh also strongly followed the advice of Gnomic Seers.

Gnomes were rather revered, if I recall correctly.
Re: Bastard children 06/25/2003 04:36 PM CDT
Those who fell in line, yes. But try talking to a Gnome who decided he wasn't going to work for the Gorbesh. I believe it wasn't a pretty picture.

And the fallout between the Gorbesh and the Kaldar was more than a "religious schizm". Being persecuted and treated as persona-non-grata is a much different story.

~~~Krin
Re: Bastard children 06/25/2003 06:39 PM CDT
>>And the fallout between the Gorbesh and the Kaldar was more than a "religious schizm". Being persecuted and treated as persona-non-grata is a much different story.

There were extremists on both sides. As history usually goes, those are the people highlighted.
Re: Bastard children 07/07/2003 10:42 PM CDT
<<t's my understanding that any race can be a togball, just that gnomes are easier to throw. Qreyq>>

Qreyq, ya gots good name fer Tog---but really, gnomes for Togball---dat jes Toggler Togball. S'kra make best Togball. Thick tail--fight hard (dat part of da fun of Togball, fightin da ball an da udder team!). Prydaen and Rakash in moonskin make good Togball but tail skinny. ::sighs::

Jes soz ya knowed okies?

Turgog Proud Tog
Re: Bastard children 07/07/2003 10:48 PM CDT
<<Which is also why I am not insulted every time I am invited to join one of the Gnome meetings because they need someone for Climb the Kaldar. <smirk> Krin>>

Krin--next time ya see yer gnome friends tell em Turgog ain't no friggin tree! Me green but me no tree. Tanks--me like Arthe Dale but no go dere any more---hate gnomes crawlin all over me.

Plus--da lil buggers hard ta pick off! <grins>

Turgog Proud Tog

P.S. Oh yeah, dere a game called Climb da Kaldar? An me wuz tinkin dey jes wanted climbin practice....who knew?
Re: Bastard children 07/08/2003 01:10 AM CDT
Gnomes make horrible Tog Balls. We last only about two throws before we're down or dead. We have the best reflex in the lands so it makes for a rather boring game to watch two teams falling on their face trying to catch up with and get ahold of the ball for half an hour. Lastly, it's two easy to get blindsided and tackled yourself reaching all the way down to grab ahold of us.

Prydaen have the tail and size but they are about as fast as a Gnome and they bite and claw.

Moonskin Rakash have the tail and stamina to last but they are pretty quick too and also will bite. Also, while I can see a Prydaen laugh at another Prydaen being stuck as a Togball, Rakash would probably get all packish and you'd have fan riots all the time.
Re: Bastard children 07/09/2003 01:31 AM CDT
humans taste better.

Jaebom --brought to you by the society for the protection of s'kra
Re: Bastard children 07/14/2003 09:17 PM CDT
>and now we can be fed to dragons

>This idea is a joke. Don't be so overly sensetive.

Aye, has to be a joke.. Cause, Gnomes are Prydaen snacks. We would run out of our Gnome Population if we feed the Gnomes to a Dragon, take all of ya just to make a decent meal for a dragon.

So, no feeding Gnomes to Dragons.

Shakahn

Even at our birth, death does but stand aside a little. And every day he looks towards us and muses somewhat to himself whether that day or the next he will draw nigh.
* Robert Bolt