Chief deities 04/16/2003 07:07 AM CDT
Can someone please explain why Halflings have two chief deities of major attribute, Glythtide and Truffenyi...and the Elves' have a "patron" of Lemicus, minor attribute of Eluned?

It doesn't make sense for a race to have two chief deities, let alone both major ones, and Elves to not have one. A patron is not the same as a deity.
Re: Chief deities 04/16/2003 02:38 PM CDT
Are you just searching for things to be jealous about?

Maybe Halflings need more divine attention than Elves? Maybe Elves are so stuck up that the gods want as little to do with them as possible?

Qreyq

Come to the Pack House!
http://www.rakashpack.8m.com/

Re: Chief deities 04/17/2003 01:32 PM CDT
<<Truffenyi

I thought Truffenyi the Ox was a human chief diety? Or may be I think that because the Redthorne's of Ratha worship him.

--Vyraka--
Re: Chief deities 04/17/2003 06:59 PM CDT

<<I thought Truffenyi the Ox was a human chief diety? Or may be I think that because the Redthorne's of Ratha worship him.

He's both.

~Player of Syrath
Re: Chief deities 04/18/2003 04:23 AM CDT
>>and the Elves' have a "patron" of Lemicus, minor attribute of Eluned?

Bah, quit yer whining. Gor'Togs don't even have that. We are the gods' unwanted children, to quote a bit of "Fight Club." Heh.

-Steinn-
Re: Chief deities 04/18/2003 10:06 AM CDT
>>We are the gods' unwanted children, to quote a bit of "Fight Club." Heh. <<

No, you're the God's Misguided Children.

____"It doesn't matter where we come from, what we've done or suffered, or even if we make a difference. We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."
Re: Chief deities 04/19/2003 05:04 AM CDT
>>No, you're the God's Misguided Children.

Bah, y'all are the misguided ones. To smash is to live.

-Steinn-
Re: Chief deities 04/25/2003 10:06 PM CDT
I always found the fact that some races and guilds have specific patron gods and some don't a little odd. Not that I want to be told what god to worship, but it's just inconsistent. Aren't the eloths mentioned with both Meraud and Eluned too, or am I just thinking that because they're both connected to wisdom? So two gods for some, none for others... but then the newer races have their own gods they can't get favors from...or can they now? I've been gone a year, these things change. I'm rambling now. I'm stopping now.

Raineira
Re: Chief deities 05/02/2003 01:52 PM CDT
Newer races having gods isn't that unique of a phenomenon.

Try getting an Aldauth orb. Or one of any of the less popular aspects, for that matter.
Re: Chief deities 05/02/2003 10:57 PM CDT
While it doesn't say that she is the "patron" of Elves, Faenella does choose and Elven form when she appears to mortals. The gods do seem to take the form of the race they favor. She also seems to be a parton of what is mystical in nature, which certainly applies to Elves.

~Celebrant Starsha Chracco
Follower of Glythtide and Meraud
Speaker of the Fyearikloa'i Rensh'a

http://bakshiloa.elanthianunderground.com
Re: Chief deities 05/04/2003 04:38 PM CDT
I agree we should have at least more then just the blushing ability...sighs i like the tilting the head and listening intently ideanods elves are better then humans simply because elves have sharper ears and smarter head of intellgence.

Fire
Re: Chief deities 05/06/2003 08:47 AM CDT
>>Try getting an Aldauth orb. Or one of any of the less popular aspects, for that matter

Don't remind me. Wanders off muttering.

Elanius Heavensgate
Cleric of Aldauth
Follower of the dark path

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/FatherJarle/index.html

What's the air speed velocity of a Swallow?

African or European?