Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Man is this true? 10/17/2002 12:43 AM CDT
Heh, as long as we Togs get our TDPs modified, I really don't care one way or the other. Just seems a bit fair to lower the bonus just a tad since that's the reason for the penalty in the first place. ::shrug::

Oh, and the Tog wouldn't carry a fridge anywhere; he'd throw it (once he ate the food out of it, of course). <g>
Re: Man is this true? 10/17/2002 01:51 AM CDT
>>You mean "any other race besides Togs", right? ;-)

I concider their stat imbalance to make it so this system isn't as much of a benifit to them, it evens out more.

>>Just so misinformation isn't spread around any more than it already is, S'kra and I'm fairly sure least one other race have the same benefit as Kaldar, and Gor'togs definately outstrip us.

Skra is the third "big" race, but Kaldar are above them in the rankings. Togs are above that, but like I said above, their stat imbalances balances their advantage. Were the imbalance to go away, then this would change. The next best encumbrance race is Rakash I believe, their better then human, but still a medium race.

~Daergoth
Re: Man is this true? 10/17/2002 09:24 AM CDT
Just for the record, if you need 50 strength to lift afore mentioned fridge, then a gnome with 50 could lift it. I don't know if he could carry it on his back as easily as a tog, but he could throw it just as far. Granted that if you gave a gnome enough TDPs to get 50 STR, the tog could'a trained probably 100 STR, thus allowing him to lift 2 fridges, and probably able to carry one on the back all the time. <g>

-Zakarious, Tog shoving Elothean
Re: Man is this true? 10/17/2002 10:35 AM CDT
>>Heh, do I sense some Tog-envy?

Hardly.

I just won't sit there and be told I am top of the heap, when I am not. ;-) Especially when that position means I am the first target. :-P

~~~Krin
Re: Man is this true? 10/17/2002 04:31 PM CDT
>>Especially when that position means I am the first target. :-P

We 'Togs can take it. <g>
Re: Man is this true? 10/18/2002 01:59 PM CDT
a gnome, sorry to say, could not possibly hurl a refrigerator the same distance as a tog. a tog has 3 or 4 times the distance to accelerate the refrigerator while throwing it from the time it leaves the ground to the time it leaves its hands, and assuming both of them accelerate the refrigerator at a constant and equal rate and at the same trajectory, the tog can accelerate the refrigerator 3 to 4 times faster and there-by throw the refrigerator 3 to 4 times further. and 3 to 4 times is making the gnome look good here.

the gnome would also be unable to lift the refrigerator off the ground with only its bare hands because the gnome would be unable to reach far enough around the bottom of the refrigerator to keep the refrigerator from tipping away from it when a force is exerted upwards by the gnome.

Jaebom --i may have payed attention in physics, but my math skills have atrophied quite alot since then
Re: Man is this true? 10/18/2002 06:50 PM CDT
Well, that's true, but a relative sized fridge would. <g> <pictures tiny refridgerator flying through the air> Anyhow, the height issue I didn't think of. But, still, as far as that goes, the height ranges for all the races fits into 4 groups (huge, normal, small, gnome), so it would be hard to make even this out except for the way that it is now. It can't be based on any modifiers, for then similar races would have different strengths...

Personally, I think that the weight issues are fine. (And I'm elothean, so I know burden, ugh) But I can still train it down.

-Zakarious, Storm Mage
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page