Gor tog stat inbalance 07/31/2002 04:10 PM CDT
>A Barbarian would be at maximum resistance (for the TDPs spent) if all stats were balanced in TDP expenditure for their race.

GM Dammisak

I dont think I need to elabortate.Please consider an alternative that allows gor togs a balanced statistical modifier.

Drachus
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 07/31/2002 04:21 PM CDT
Let me reiterate what Drachus is trying to say. He's not asking for flat out no +, no - to any stats. Or else he'd be a human naturally. He's asking for a way to balance out the modifier which is in play for Gor'Togs currently so it'll make things fair in the long run.

With things seeking balance, now is the time to finally fix the longest imbalance of Elanthian History. At one time, this imbalance was not as noticable. Evolution of the game has changed and now is the time to fix the imbalance to meet the demands of future game balance. Please take this highly into consideration. Thanks.

-Ruffles
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 07/31/2002 07:12 PM CDT
Willing to give up the encumbrance bonus too? Heh, didn't think so.

~Daergoth
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 07/31/2002 07:18 PM CDT
>Willing to give up the encumbrance bonus too? Heh, didn't think so.

>~Daergoth

Read my post in the discussions with staff and players,general discussion,entitled "game balance concerns,and a suggestion".Thanks.

Drachus
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 07/31/2002 07:46 PM CDT
'Heh' yea, sure, Ill give it up. Its not like I can carry a horse while a person with the same stats as me can only carry a pidgeon, or something. I would much rather have the same potential to train my stats, without an undue penalty in favor for a nebulous encumberance 'bonus'.
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/01/2002 01:16 AM CDT
> Willing to give up the encumbrance bonus too? Heh, didn't think so. ~Daergoth

Well, think again, my dear Daergoth. (Heh, and folks think Togs are dumb!)

-Baboushka
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/01/2002 01:18 AM CDT
>>Well, think again, my dear Daergoth. (Heh, and folks think Togs are dumb!)

I'll trade you my -1 charisma for your encumbrance anyday.

~your dear Daergoth
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/01/2002 01:20 AM CDT
>> I'll trade you my -1 charisma for your encumbrance anyday.

I like my -1 charisma.
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/01/2002 03:01 AM CDT
> I'll trade you my -1 charisma for your encumbrance anyday. ~your dear Daergoth

Deal! ::spits on her palm and shakes Daergoth's hand::

Actually, that was part of the most popular suggested solution to the imbalance at the last Gor'Tog meeting (part because we have a +2 imbalance). Besides, it makes sense, Charisma is how your presence is felt by others - how can you not notice an 8-10 foot tall, 300+ lb, green piece of muscular splendor with a shiny pate standing next to you? Heh.

The majority of all Togs are Barbarians and Paladins - obviously Charisma would help. Additionally, a -1 Charisma would also help make "Togging" a more viable option in all the other guilds where the race has traditionally been woefully underrepresented.

-Baboushka
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/01/2002 03:10 AM CDT
>>Deal! ::spits on her palm and shakes Daergoth's hand::

>>Actually, that was part of the most popular suggested solution to the imbalance at the last Gor'Tog meeting (part because we have a +2 imbalance). Besides, it makes sense, Charisma is how your presence is felt by others - how can you not notice an 8-10 foot tall, 300+ lb, green piece of muscular splendor with a shiny pate standing next to you? Heh.

>>The majority of all Togs are Barbarians and Paladins - obviously Charisma would help. Additionally, a -1 Charisma would also help make "Togging" a more viable option in all the other guilds where the race has traditionally been woefully underrepresented.

Ok, I'll meet you in front of the bank to make the exchange ;)

~Daergoth
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/01/2002 10:55 AM CDT
The most popular ideas were: -3 strength, -2 stamina. -1 discipline, -1 charisma. -2 stamina, -1 discipline. -2 stamina, -1 charisma.

All ideas had a great basis to why they chose them to be that way, which was well put by some Togs I spoke to.

The GMs have a lot to work around with here though. And this is all factoring in with encumberance being redone, so yes Togs would be willing to lose the encumberance bonus for these "equalling" stat modifiers. :)

-Ruffles
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/04/2002 10:26 AM CDT
Keep in mind the racial modifier formula doesn't let you have a -3 in anything without doing very bad things.

Steel.
Re: Gor tog stat inbalance 08/04/2002 10:54 AM CDT
>Keep in mind the racial modifier formula doesn't let you have a -3 in anything without doing very bad things.

I think the -2 stamina -1 discipline is the most practical change.

Drachus