Yay me. 07/12/2010 07:38 PM CDT
Lady Snow nods with approval, "The Light shines upon you, Landros. You have earned the next rank!"

Circle: 150

I'll go back to my hole now.

-Landros
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 07:40 PM CDT
Grats
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 07:51 PM CDT
Congrats!

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 07:55 PM CDT
Congrats Landros!!

Player of Drevid

http://www.phiiskeep.homestead.com/Barbarian.html

Cylons... why debugging matters.
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 07:57 PM CDT
Congrats! Well done!

Miv

I will paper cut you to death with my awesome ranger TM!
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 08:26 PM CDT
[21:17] * Landros was just struck down!
[21:17] * Landros was purged by the Hounds of Rutilor!

Now THAT is how you celebrate...lol

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 08:31 PM CDT
Wow! I had no idea you were THAT high up!

Congratulations!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 08:47 PM CDT
Congrats Landros. Give you total ranks?

Madigan
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 09:22 PM CDT
Total Ranks Displayed: 13628

-Landros
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 10:15 PM CDT
Very nice sir. I don't think any of us will match Adakin's ranks at 150 with all those armor skills maxed out.

Madigan
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 10:23 PM CDT
I know thats right. I was never really big into training more than I needed to circle. But now that I hit 150, back training everything. :)

-Landros
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 10:35 PM CDT
Awesome, congrats.
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 11:00 PM CDT
I think I am in a perpetual state of backtraining. Seems I can never recover from the mistakes of early training.

Madigan
Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 11:13 PM CDT
>>Seems I can never recover from the mistakes of early training.

Every day I wonder why I didn't reroll and start over when I came back this time...lol.

~Kattena

Re: Yay me. 07/12/2010 11:56 PM CDT
Congrats to you!

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 12:03 AM CDT
<<Every day I wonder why I didn't reroll and start over when I came back this time...lol.

Because having higher stats makes backtraining easier.

I'm planning on going the route of "starting over" with my character at some point and training all new armor and weapons and picking up certain skills I couldn't or didn't train due to various reasons. Backtraining is only backtraining if you call it that. I prefer to look at it as more of Replaying the lower levels of the game while retaining all of the skills I've invested the time for.

Don't follow the same critter progression you followed the previous times. Go to a different area of the realms and experience it [again]. Sure you wont have quite the same experience as someone who is low level due to your defensive skills being overtrained for your hunting area, but it's more fun than going to the same old spots everytime and looking at it as tedius backtraining or "fixing a mistake"

~Tieriana~

PS Grats!
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 01:13 AM CDT
Woot! Nice work Landros.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 06:31 AM CDT
Good times, congrats.

Samsaren Remlane

I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. Target practice however, is another matter entirely.
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 07:12 AM CDT
Very nice, congrats my friend.

Madigan, it's your fault I started to train my other armor skills 4+ years ago. I used to be very happy with just my HP. :)

Transcendent Paladin Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

>cast
Your body already swells with the enhanced strength of a hero.

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 09:13 AM CDT
Very nice job Landros, congratulations!

re: backtraining, I bit the bullet some time ago and did nothing but backtrain until I was satisfied with my skills. I too made mistakes in my early career like training only 1 weapon and HP + shield, so I decided to fix it before things got out of hand.

I know it hindered my advancement through the guild (been playing off and on since '97, so I could be a decently high level) but to me it's worth it. I'm now just over 80th circle and have 12579 total ranks, train 7 weapons religiously (so glad I picked up 2HB, by far my favorite now) and all 4 metal armors + shield. I highly suggest it if you are thinking of doing the same.

-Shadow Bane Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 09:50 AM CDT

Congrats Sir. Now my ego isn't quite as bruised from when you worked me easily infront of everybody at the Crossing Bank Charity Spar event. :)

P.S. We need more paladin representation at the event. Come on out folks, prizes and free entertainment to ensue.

~Silus
Banner first, ask questions later.
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 10:11 AM CDT
It would help if you tell us about them. You know, ahead of time? Or at least as they're starting. I always hear about them after they're done.

~Kattena

Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 11:26 AM CDT
They're kinda spur of the moment. I don't know if that's good or bad.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: Yay me. 07/13/2010 11:34 AM CDT
Nah, I know they are. And that's usually a good thing.

~Kattena