Re: Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves... 05/21/2010 04:49 PM CDT
Hey guys,

I probably should have been added a "you" after my "Sorry to disappoint" to clarify that it was directed at the particular poster. I don't profess to be an expert at Paladin lore, so I can understand if I might have been off-base.

I can't please everyone, but I'm glad that a bunch of you at least found them fun and tongue-in-cheek, which is what I was aiming for. Even if only one person enjoyed the items, that's plenty enough for me.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves... 05/21/2010 09:16 PM CDT
Heyo!

Not every merchant is going to be appealing to everyone.

Not every merchant is going to fit everyone's notion of "This is how things are or should be."

There is nothing wrong with a little cheese now and then. It does the body good. Or something.

Keep in mind we are talking about a merchant here. This might come as a shock to some people, but there are a lot of merchants out there that aren't as concerned with what is correct as they are with what will sell. Something tells me this merchant is gonna be whistling merrily all the way to the bank.

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams
Re: Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves... 05/23/2010 08:17 PM CDT
Heh. Are we really debating this? The items within this tent have great RP usage for the followers of Light,dark, those who have fallen, as well as other guilds... The fact that the shop may only be accessed by Paladins does not restrict the item and its potential use to us alone, nor does it mean these items are to be used in a certain way. I for one liked the theme of the shop and purchased a few items for my personal self as well as for a couple others who asked me too.

As an aspect of RP- Paladins who seek to "cleanse" our guild of the Heretical would likely want to meet the proprietor, it is rumored that there is corrosion and corruption within the heirarchy of our Guild, and if a Trader felt it profitable to open a shop tailoring to such a "rumored" movement of individuals... well, it only adds weight to the rumor's potential truth. Mayhaps this proprietor was called upon to do some custom work for someone or a couple someones... and saw a chance to increase his/her wealth... maybe he/she has knowledge of things that would intrest both sides....

Re: Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves... 05/23/2010 08:32 PM CDT
It wasn't me.

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!