Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 06/11/2011 05:29 PM CDT
While I didn't care much for the heretical stuff or the destroyed soulstone items, the spellbook containers were top notch. I picked one up and it turns out I ran into an alterer and only had it tweaked very minimally to clean it up and make it look more well kept. Would be nice if they could double as an actual spellbook case on top of it. I have just always liked the look of Paladins with a chained spellbook and it fits me perfectly. Thanks so much for the effort!

-Blood Knight Zeroe Drakoni
"Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 01:47 AM CDT
"...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him because he can take it. Because he's not a hero, he's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. A dark knight."

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 06:45 AM CDT
lol

Barring the batman reference, someone designed a shop specifically for me. Yay!

- Executioner Korsik Rippentropp, Sociopath of M'riss

Baum says to Lillietta, "Problem is that Korsik is a very big boy."
Lillietta says, "He is mentally unstable."
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 07:31 AM CDT
Wait. MY NOBLE PALADINE IS NOT DARK. HE'S BRIGHT AND SHINY AND A CRUSADER.

PS awesome shop release. Thank you.

Nikpack

The gods are jerks. No, really.-Armifer

I don't think we ever take the training wheels off as players or gamemasters.-Inauri
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 07:40 AM CDT
Great shop. Some of the most creative stuff I've seen.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 08:47 AM CDT
Cool stuff. Thanks for thinking of us.

Madigan
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 10:12 AM CDT
Thank you! Very fun stuff here.

Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 02:24 PM CDT
ok, which shop are we talking about?
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 02:39 PM CDT
The paladin shop at the fest?

-Mr. Glemm
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 02:56 PM CDT
>>BIGFRANK: ok, which shop are we talking about?

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Dark_Knight,_The

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 03:18 PM CDT
That is absolutly priceless!!!!!

Dierik

You also see a plovik leaf, a burly snow goblin, a chipped marble mortar, a chipped marble mortar and a grimy marble pestle. Look out! The snow goblins are taking up alchemy.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/20/2010 04:03 PM CDT
>>ok, which shop are we talking about?

lol way to completely ignore the only GM post in this folder in forever.

Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 02:26 AM CDT
Major thumbs down on this shop for making Dark Paladins cheesy and cartoonish.

Also, what makes a boot identifiable as a 'heretic's' boot? How is it more 'heretical' than a normal boot?

I'm sure I'll be the voice in the wilderness on this one, but disappointing.

-Iskhhr

"A thorn bush is no place for a phoenix."
-Guan Yu
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 03:17 AM CDT
It looks to me this shop, despite the name, is more for the fallen paladins, than what was described recently as dark paladins. It was said dark paladins aren't out to tank their souls or be profane, they merely do what they think needs to be done, and then deal with the consequences. The heretic stuff, the destroyed soulstones, and the goshawk symbols all say to me fallen. They've lost their way as paladins, both from the light and dark philosophy. In that vein, I think the shop is kinda neat. If someone really wanted to play out a fallen paladin, there might be some things here that could help them out.

DRPrime - Celeres Turrance
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 04:21 AM CDT
>Major thumbs down on this shop for making Dark Paladins cheesy and cartoonish.

It was a last-minute idea, that's about all I can say. I don't know the Paladins' Guild well enough to realize there was that big of a difference between "dark" and "fallen," so that's my fault. I just thought the play on the RL reference was amusing, so I went with it.

Sorry to disappoint.

-- GM Tiesse

"Governments and corporations need people like you and me. We are samurai. The keyboard cowboys." -- The Plague
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 04:31 AM CDT
>>It was a last-minute idea, that's about all I can say. I don't know the Paladins' Guild well enough to realize there was that big of a difference between "dark" and "fallen," so that's my fault. I just thought the play on the RL reference was amusing, so I went with it.

There really isn't, Tiesse. At least not if you're looking at the players to provide examples. There are a handful of folks playing roles that normally wouldn't fall to Paladins as Paladins, but it seems as though that's simply for wont of the better option.

There hasn't been a genuine fallen Paladin since Nightcrawler, really.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 06:34 AM CDT
<<Major thumbs down on this shop for making Dark Paladins cheesy and cartoonish.>>

This is why we can't have nice things.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's a video game. Get over it.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 07:15 AM CDT
Paladins need to STOP CHASING AWAY GMs.

Thanks Tiesse who is awesome.

Crusader Taghz

DFA = DISC + AGIL + TM > Evasion + Reflex

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 07:27 AM CDT
I don't think they are cheesy and cartoonish. My favorite are the books.

To each his own I guess.

This space for rent.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 08:01 AM CDT
I like the books and got one for my paladin even if she isn't fallen or dark. But in the future who knows?

The items in the shop provide another level of roleplay for some people and that's always a good thing.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 08:29 AM CDT
>>This is why we can't have nice things.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 08:31 AM CDT
Back off Tiesse, or else..

Death Dealer Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 08:39 AM CDT
>>Sorry to disappoint.

Out of all the stuff at the fest this was the only shop that I actually went to and I thought it was pretty cool.

-Landros
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 09:04 AM CDT
Loved the shop. First dark side stuff for a paladin I have seen that was not altered.

And...

<<There hasn't been a genuine fallen Paladin since Nightcrawler, really.

Madigan
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 09:28 AM CDT
>>Back off Tiesse, or else..

I'm very protective of my Tiesse. We should all be.

Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 09:37 AM CDT
I have to agree, I thought the stuff in there was pretty good. I did buy one of the Therengian History books, thought maybe I could use it as a RP tool. Was very surprised to find out it was a container!

Don't listen to the naysayers, Tiesse, you did wonderful!

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 10:40 AM CDT
<< >Major thumbs down on this shop for making Dark Paladins cheesy and cartoonish.

It was a last-minute idea, that's about all I can say. I don't know the Paladins' Guild well enough to realize there was that big of a difference between "dark" and "fallen," so that's my fault. I just thought the play on the RL reference was amusing, so I went with it.

Sorry to disappoint. >>

Tiesse -

My disappointment with the shop is no way reflection of my opinion of you - Believe me, I've been quite impressed with your other handiwork. But I know there's been a lot of work to flesh out the Dark Paladin element of the guild recently (see Armifer's lore post awhile back) and I didn't want to see a regression to one dimensionality.

<< This is why we can't have nice things.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. It's a video game. Get over it. >>

Last I heard, a forums is for expressing opinions. You should know this, Glemm, as we have to hear yours in virtually every thread you come across.

<< Paladins need to STOP CHASING AWAY GMs. >>

I think Tiesse is a big girl and can handle criticism from someone on the internet of all places.

<< << Back off Tiesse, or else.. >>

Relax. I have nothing against Tiesse personally, as stated earlier.

-Iskhhr

-Guan Yu
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 12:06 PM CDT
<<Iskhhr's Post>>

Two things - your first post was pretty rude in my opinion. People have been calling for Paladin merchants at the fest (aside from the amulet vendor), and a GM takes the time to make one and you have nothing positive to say, citing the end result as cheesey and cartoonish. Sure, I bet Tiesse has a thick skin, but do you really think she is going to jump at the chance for any development towards our guild when she gets responses like that? Would it be so hard to instead say "Thanks for your work, the merchandise isn't for me though, compared to how I view my role as a dark paladin." You can get the same across without insulting. I'm not saying this because you're talking to a GM, but instead, that's how you respectfully communicate with other people.

Second - i don't think one merchant is going to be a regression to the lore that's being built up by our GM community. We are each individuals, and while yes, GM's may have posted a pathway for a "dark" paladin, it doesn't mean that others might take another route that would make use of the merchant's wares. Continuing the Dark Knight analogy, just look at Harvey Dent.

Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 12:48 PM CDT
>>Major thumbs down on this shop for making Dark Paladins cheesy and cartoonish.

Major thumbs up on this shop for being creative and unique.

>>Sorry to disappoint.

No need to apologize. The references are amusing.

Just leave us Pallies to debate the nature of light, dark, and fallen. It can become rather complex.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 01:07 PM CDT
<<Last I heard, a forums is for expressing opinions. You should know this, Glemm, as we have to hear yours in virtually every thread you come across.>>

Some opinions (other than mine) are best kept to yourself. In the case that you must share them, especially when basically someone has stepped up and done you a favor, try making it a little more palatable.

If it wasn't for her work, we would basically have nothing at the fest. Say thanks and move along.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 01:09 PM CDT
also, by "nothing at the fest", I mean other than the stuff we have a the fest. Just wanted to clarify.

-Mr. Glemm
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 01:57 PM CDT
Tiesse, so you are aware this is Armifer's post.

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=30&topic=19&message=752.

I was a little bewildered when I saw the items, but I chose not to say anything at their appearance. I am glad that the Paladins got a second merchant, though I won't be purchasing any of the items.

Thanks for your work, as well as all the other GMs during this Festival. I wasn't expecting as much from the Festival, and there is still the aunction to come. And who knows if anything else.

Sincerely,
Shadow7988
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 02:29 PM CDT
<<
Two things - your first post was pretty rude in my opinion. People have been calling for Paladin merchants at the fest (aside from the amulet vendor), and a GM takes the time to make one and you have nothing positive to say, citing the end result as cheesey and cartoonish. Sure, I bet Tiesse has a thick skin, but do you really think she is going to jump at the chance for any development towards our guild when she gets responses like that? Would it be so hard to instead say "Thanks for your work, the merchandise isn't for me though, compared to how I view my role as a dark paladin." You can get the same across without insulting. I'm not saying this because you're talking to a GM, but instead, that's how you respectfully communicate with other people. >>

I will admit to being rude, yes. That is my error. My sentiment still stands, though,

<< but do you really think she is going to jump at the chance for any development towards our guild when she gets responses like that? >>

One person's opinion on the internet. I'm sure judging by the voluminous condemnations I've just received, Tiesse knows where the majority opinion stands. It saddens me that we have reached the point where we are so afraid that contradictory opinions will cost us development that we believe we should do nothing play Yes-Men.

If Tiesse makes a decision to avoid the Paladin guild based on MY opinion of something, I'd be shocked. Frankly I don't think I have that much influence with someone I've never met.

<< Some opinions (other than mine) are best kept to yourself. In the case that you must share them, especially when basically someone has stepped up and done you a favor, try making it a little more palatable. >>

I think you and I have a different conception of 'favor'.

And nothing about opinions need be 'palatable'. Again, you of all people should know.

But I've made my feelng pretty clear, both on this and on Tiesse's work as a whole, which I am quite happy with. She doesn't owe me a thing, and I am sure she knows it.

-Iskhhr

-Guan Yu
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 02:44 PM CDT
::groans::

Please, can the people who want to talk about the tone of the post take it to email or the conflicts boards so those of us who have that board ignored don't have to read about it anymore?
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." 05/21/2010 02:47 PM CDT
Kinda wasn't serious. Kinda.

Death Dealer Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." ::Nudge:: 05/21/2010 03:49 PM CDT

Before this goes any further, take the bickering to conflicts.

Annwyl
Message Board Supervisor

If you've questions or comments, take it to e-mail by writing me at DR-Annwyl@play.net.
Re: "Because he's the hero Elanthia deserves..." ::Nudge:: 05/21/2010 04:11 PM CDT
I'm batman.