Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 12/13/2008 09:48 AM CST
Thought it might be cool to share some of the paladin-ish alterations some of you might have. Anybody care to share?
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 12/13/2008 02:33 PM CST
Tap: a crimson tabard emblazoned with a gold rampant lion
Look: The thick wool of this tabard is dyed a rich crimson and is emblazoned in gold with a detailed rampant lion.

Tap: a rich crimson scabbard decorated with steel emblems of the Immortals
Look: Thirty-nine steel plates, each embossed with a symbol of an aspect of the gods, adorn the scabbard.

Tap: agleaming triple-fullered bastard sword with golden lion quillons
Look: Your sword is shining with holy power.

The central fuller is twice the length of the outer grooves, ending near the point of the blade. Two small rampant lions are etched near the cross guard, and the hilt is wrapped in silver wire. The round steel pommel is decorated with a golden lion and mongoose, and is engraved with the words, 'Courage, Honor, and Loyalty.'

Tap: a darkened steel war shield adorned with a rampant lion that you are wearing.
Look: Bronze rivets along the rim attach the steel facing to a sturdy ironwood backing. An intricately detailed and polished bronze lion rising on its hind legs has been riveted to the steel, its expression one of defiance and determination. Heavy leather padding lines the inside.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 12/13/2008 03:56 PM CST
This one was fitting.

a twisted bronze claymore sheath etched with images of dancing S'kra,

The aged and twisted bronze sheath is etched with S'kra crusaders adorned in ancient battle garb. They are poised, charging into battle against an overwhelming foe.

I wonder what overwhelming foe it was.

Crusader Taghz

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...for he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother...", William Shakespeare.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 12/14/2008 11:31 AM CST
You tap an authoritative platinum badge etched with the crest of the Paladin's Guild

A scale with a sword and a laurel, the symbol of the Paladin's Guild, has been engraved into the polished face of the badge. "Glemm Ineoch, Marshal of Zoluren" is finely etched below the crest.

not sure if this is paladin themed but it follows Taghz's skra thing

You tap a massive dark leather cape clasped with S'kra fingerbones

Tailored for a massive figure, the cape's thick, pitch-black leather hangs down in billowing folds. A considerable hood has been seamlessly included in the pattern, giving the owner the option of completely obscuring their features beneath the cloak's ample structure. Between a pair of simple iron clasps run a collection of hollowed out S'kra fingerbones, strung together by a concealed steelsilk chord.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 12/14/2008 12:21 PM CST
This is a mix between eloth themed, and paladin:

You tap a timeworn steel shield edged with an intricate shesegri pattern that you are wearing.
>l shield
Despite obvious battle damage, this massive round shield looks as though it has easily protected, and outlived many owners. The darkened iron shesegri pattern weaves and knots all along the circumference of the shield, allowing for meditation on the battlefield. Meticulously forged images of an arching lion and a dolphin form a circle around the boss, indicating allegiance to Chadatru and Eluned. Etched inside the shield are generations of names, their house, and the Ferdahl they served.
There appears to be something written on it.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/02/2009 02:04 AM CST
I've had this belt for years, always liked it:

Tap: leather battle belt with a black steel buckle bearing the Paladin Guild crest.

Look: The buckle sparkles as the light reflects on three black diamonds inlaid into it. The first is etched with the phrase "Justice serves", the second with "Honor guides", and the third with "Love protects."

From an armor dept I still like my helm and gauntlets combo designed by Brynn years ago now:

Tap: some matte black gauntlets edged with rubies

Look: From the ruby-clawed tips of the jointed fingers, to the wide lames that protect the wrists, the gauntlets are a magnificent example of a smith's art. Each articulated section has been finely crafted to provide superior protection and excellent freedom of movement, then finished in a light absorbing black. Tiny rubies set in a scroll pattern along the cuff add a glittering touch of elegance.

Tap: horned great helm displaying a staring visage outlined in rubies

Look: A pair of curling horns frame the matte black helmet, each formed in segmented fashion. On closer examination, they prove to be designed as large scorpion tails, set with polished rubies representing their deadly stingers. Additional rubies outline a staring visage on the faceplate, its blank expression no more animated than that of a corpse.

I also still think my icon came out neat go go gadet Maece:

Tap:a dark maple icon carved in the shape of a fierce lion

Look: Teeth bared in a growl, the lion holds a scorpion in its jaws. One ruby eye glitters from behind the fangs, and a single claw hangs limply.

Read: A dark maple icon reads:
"To Leucius Delarrazio, for proven leadership in the name of the Paladin Guild."

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/05/2009 01:19 PM CST
Here are my two from TF. Both would be legal in Prime I believe.

Fragment sack:
You tap a golden yellow star-branded sack crafted from a fluffy lion's mane that you are wearing.
> l sack
Sharp teeth dangle around the opening to threaten any careless fingers, each one etched with primitive tribal symbols. Amidst the waves of tawny fur, several dark stars decorate the exterior along the bottom for a somber touch of color.
> read sack
A golden star-branded sack reads:
"Warneck"

Bird charm:
a scarred goshawk charm
> l charm
Colored a deep slate grey and speckled with hints of black, the wounded bird bears deep lion claw marks across its chest, embracing its wounds with uninhibited chagrin. The predator perches atop a twisted bone, its articulated feathers ruffling slightly with each deliberate movement. Its head is cocked, as if listening for the faintest whisper. A faint whirring noise can be heard from within its belly.
> tap charm
You tap a scarred goshawk on your charm, ruffling its articulated feathers. The bird looks up, nuzzling your finger with its beak.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/10/2010 07:35 AM CST
a broad scabbard wrapped in steelsilk and riveted in animite

Lustrous and tightly woven, the steelsilk wraps around a solid oak scabbard large enough to easily hold a bastard sword. Animite studs shaped like rampant lions hold the material in place, lending a steely beauty to the otherwise purely functional sheath.

A broad scabbard reads:

"My good blade carves the casques of men, my tough lance thrusteth sure, my strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure."

a gallant silvery-white greatcloak with a sword clasp

Strong yet supple, the pristine material falls in sinuous folds to ankle-length. At the shoulder is a miniature brushed steel sword that holds the steelsilk away from the wearer's sword arm. A faint pattern of rampant lions edges the cloak, stitched in opalescent spidersilk.

a platinum signet ring bearing the visage of a roaring lion

LOOK: Its expression displaying a stern yet noble ferocity, the carved beast's face is highlighted by hints of pale gold. Etched around the band are the words, "A lion I am, from the heart down to my very soul."

a dark suede book satchel with a small animite sword clasp

LOOK: The soft suede material has been dyed a dark hue and faintly embroidered in nearly identically hued thread with visage of Chadatru, god of justice. The animite sword clasps the satchel closed, securing any book from harsh conditions.

a thick leather-bound tome entitled "Justice"

LOOK: Shiny and ragged on the edges, the leather shows the wear and tear of constant use. Multiple stains on all sides are unidentifiable by size or color.

a gleaming sugarloaf helm fashioned with an elegant plume of white feathers

LOOK: A coif of thick steelsilk is fitted to the inner lining of the helm, providing maneuverability during battle, as well as comfort. The steel is polished to a brilliant gleam, with the freshly plucked plume of white feathers trailing gracefully from the top. A testament of devotion to the justice of Chadatru, a tiny engraved golden sword is affixed to the noseguard, small eye slots peering out just above offering just enough visibility to survive.

READ: A gleaming sugarloaf helm reads:
"Let my soul find the wicked, I need not my sight."

some gleaming gauntlets fashioned with spiked knuckleguards

LOOK: Thick leather inlaid with steelsilk strands pad the interior of the gauntlets adding protection to any weak points throughout. The steel is polished to a brilliant gleam with each knuckle bearing a small spike. A testament to devotion to the justice of Chadatru, an ornate lion's head is engraved into the cuffs.

READ: Some gleaming gauntlets reads:
"I am but a vessel of your holy might, use these hands to carry out your will."

some gleaming armor fashioned with pauldrons of forged animite lions

LOOK: Thick layers of steelsilk line the inner padding of this majestic set of armor. The steel is polished to a brilliant gleam, giving it a look of elegance contrasted by imposing strength. A testament to devotion to the justice of Chadatru, each shoulder bears an ornate, raw animite lion's head captured in mid-roar. Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a lion and a panther encircled by a ring of leaping dolphins.

READ: Some gleaming silver armor reads:
"Forged for the Holy Warrior of Chadatru, Anjinson"

a large gleaming battle shield

Polished to a mirror-like sheen, this finely crafted shield commands attention when presented. Etched onto the face is the visage of a fierce lion caught in mid-roar, the superior construction and beauty is evident by the sheer number of riveted studs along the outer edges. Thickly woven steelsilk straps are mated to the rear of the shield, allowing the bearer to maneuver in battle while protected behind the massive shield.

Just a few of mine

Anjinson Shilanthor
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/10/2010 08:19 AM CST
Landia made some sweet armor for my Paladin at the Hallow's Eve festival. Hoping to alter my Imperial battle helm to match.

You tap some bronze-inlaid jousting plate etched with a horseman who is besieged by adders that you are wearing.
No longer tall and noble, the beast and its cowardly rider are flanked by venomous snakes which swarm up the chest of the armor. Scaly coils grip the horseman's discarded standard as the serpents establish their dominion over the mounted knight. Rendered with silver and emerald highlights, the unique hourglass cross-bands which cover the skin identify these snakes as members of the adder family.

wanting to do the helm maybe like this..

You tap a silver Imperial jousing helm with a hinged facemask of dark bronze that you are wearing.

Alexii points at a Velakan slaver and shouts, "Another one! Don't let it get away!"
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/10/2010 09:50 AM CST
You tap some heavily riveted steel plate armor formed from crudely interlocking scales that you are wearing.
>look armor
Sturdy metal sections hang in a disheveled pattern, protecting the body without much concern for dignity. Despite its rudimentary appearance, the lack of wear and tear stands as testament to the armor's solid construction.

You tap a folded steel sword with a lion-claw hilt wrapped in nightsilk that you are holding.
>look sword
A blood groove runs the length of the blade, creating a lighter weapon which retains its true strength. Etched into the base of the blade are the words, "Live so that you may Serve."

I'd like to get a shield done next, but I'm waiting till I find either a wall shield or a horn of plenty.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/10/2010 12:14 PM CST
A few of mine:

a gleaming triple-fullered bastard sword with golden lion quillons

Your sword is emanating a powerful sense of holiness.

The central fuller is twice the length of the outer grooves, ending near the point of the blade. Two small rampant lions are etched near the cross guard, and the hilt is wrapped in silver wire. The round steel pommel is decorated with a golden lion and mongoose, and is engraved with the words, 'Courage, Honor, and Loyalty.'
~~

a blued double-fuller bastard sword

The crossguard and pommel are blued steel with golden accents. The grip is covered with rich crimson leather cross-wrapped with black wire. Impressed into the blade are the initials "R.K." encircled by a band of diminutive lettering which reads, "No quarter asked - none given."
~~

a rich crimson scabbard decorated with steel emblems of the Immortals

Thirty-nine steel plates, each embossed with a symbol of an aspect of the gods, adorn the scabbard.
A crimson scabbard reads:
"Draw not without reason, sheath not without honor."
~~
a darkened steel war shield adorned with a rampant lion

Bronze rivets along the rim attach the steel facing to a sturdy ironwood backing. An intricately detailed and polished bronze lion rising on its hind legs has been riveted to the steel, its expression one of defiance and determination. Heavy leather padding lines the inside.
~~
rich crimson leather travel pack emblazoned with a rampant gold lion

The rich crimson leather of the ample pack is emblazoned with a mighty heraldic beast pawing at the air. Gilded rivets along the seams provide added durability and strength, as well as subtle decoration enhancing the majestic design.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/10/2010 01:17 PM CST
Those are all great. Wow.

Madigan

"le rage du paladine" Korsik
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/10/2010 04:57 PM CST
I enjoy getting Paladin themed alterations done, here are some I have done over the years:

Longbow done by Darix:

TAP: an elegant silverwood longbow painted with battling lions that you are holding.
LOOK: A single length of silverwood has been skillfully crafted into a fine weapon of Justice. Carefully stenciled onto the riser is an icon of Chadatru, a full-maned male lion roaring. Delicate spidersilk has been woven into a strong bow string held securely by scrimshawed horn tips depicting an elder gryphon being harried by ravenous lions.
READ: An elegant silverwood longbow reads:
Under the riser it reads, "Paladins and Rangers, stand together as brothers in arms as Therenborough and Langenfirth stand together. Crafted by Darix."

This was a horn of plenty shield, altered via premi LTB scroll:

TAP: a platinum-trimmed tower shield etched with the scales of justice that you are holding.
LOOK: Olive laurels grace either side of the scales which rest in perfect balance beneath a roaring lion. Engraved below the scales are the words, "Always seek justice in fairness and righteousness."

Old travelers pack, altered by a wandering merchent near el'bains 10ish years ago:

TAP: a traveler's pack carefully embroidered along the straps with entwined olive laurels that you are wearing.
LOOK: The flap of the pack is adorned with a meticulously crewelworked set of scales, and securely fastened by a polished platinum disc.

Bone gauntlets done at last hallows eve fest:

TAP: some polished bone gauntlets scrimshawed with lion claws that you are wearing.
LOOK: Whale bone has been carefully shaped to protect the hand, each joint articulating smoothly. The intricate design of a claw on each finger gives the gauntlets an artistic yet purposeful appearance."

Origonally this was a ring done for a wedding, but when I got one of those gweth hiding rings I had it made to look the same (the origonal I gave to Lord Oleveir). This is one of my favorite designs:

TAP: a polished platinum ring shaped like a lion's head intricately inlaid with pearl that you are wearing.
LOOK: The pearl in the mane swirls with white hues as it sweeps back, cascading in waves around the finger. The lion's eyes are formed by haunting hollow crevices.
READ: A polished platinum ring reads:
"See all as if it is your first day with blessed sight. Judge all you meet in the fairness and wonder of new vision."

Belt worn claymore sheath I had done via LTB scroll:

TAP: a long pearl-inlaid sheath of polished black wood with a platinum tip that you are wearing.
LOOK: The exquisite inlay forms the image of a sword entwined by an olive laurel and has regal lions flanking each end.

triple fullered cambrinth broadsword, done at magma falls fest:

TAP: a cambrinth-hilted broadsword intricately engraved with stylized lions and olive laurels that you are holding.
LOOK: Down each side of the triple-fullered blade are lushly unfurled olive laurels flanked by stately lions. Scales of justice are etched cross the platinum crossguard, depicting a perfect balance. Smooth ash-grey cambrinth stones are carved to form the words "Peace Keeper" along the satin finish of the storm-dark ironwood grip. A cambrinth lion's head serves as the weapon's pommel, completing the piece.

Winged boots, done at first Feast of Eluned, not really specificly paladin I guess:
TAP: a pair of polished black leather boots with elegant silvery wings that you are wearing.
LOOK: The wings fold lightly at the ankles with silvery ruffled feathers, a beautiful contrast to the polished black leather around them.

Whisper shell, also done at Feast of Eluned
TAP: a shiny pearl-white shell painted with a lion standing proudly on a beach that you are holding.
LOOK: The lion's mane is tousled in the wind and his gaze directed out over the sea.

My very first alteration, done at a fest in shard not long after the web move:
TAP: a silvery white silk cloak embroidered with the roaring lion of Chadatru on the back and clasped at the shoulder with a platinum brooch bearing the crest of the Paladin's Guild that you are wearing.
LOOK: The brooch bears the image of a roaring lion over a set of scales weighing a sword and an olive laurel, the crest of the Paladin's guild.
READ: A white silk cloak reads:
"Crafted by Crodeon"

Pouch by wandering merchent years ago, before the gem pouches game out:
TAP: a white silk pouch stitched with lions running along the hem inside a secure vault.
LOOK: Dozens of small red lions are poised around the pouch as if to protect it from thieving hands.

I have a couple more vaulted, but would have to do some digging to remember what.
Re: Anybody have any cool paladin-ish alterations, or ideas? 01/31/2010 04:20 AM CST
Here's my first alteration to date. it's somewhat paladin-ish, somewhat Rakash, cause we're good like that ^^ It's one of the giant forge mallets with the forge-welded head

P>tap hamm
You tap a ceremonial battle hammer wrapped in silver chain that you are holding.

look hamm
A battleworn shaft supports a highly polished steel head forged into the likeness of a roaring lion. One side of the head is etched deeply with the crest of the Paladin guild, and the reverse, a Rakash Paladin wields this weapon against an oncoming horde of undead. Black leather thongs dangle from the end of the shaft, supporting exquisitely carved moonstone butterflies, hematite crows, and amber badgers.

P>read hamm
A battle hammer reads:
"Cawna Dawvs, Cawna Fasi"
(loosely translated from Rakash to Common: Honor the Gods, Honor Yourself)

Regards,
Emerald Knight Penderrin

P.S.,
Where's the cookies!?!?!?