Prev_page Previous 1
Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 10:20 AM CST
What kind of paladin themed cam items would you like to see?

~Maece

"Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?" ~The 40 Year Old Virgin~
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 11:05 AM CST
camb shields....

oh wait themed?
hmm, not sure since I'm not very big into themed items as is. I'll let others give suggestions. To me if its themed I won't buy it 99% of the time.
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 11:15 AM CST
KISS-method amulets and armbands. short taps, long descriptions. :)

a lion (or whatever) embossed/stamped/whatever cambrinth amulet
::insert description of amulet here::

A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps from you to Relayer.
It lands a cataclysmic hit against his chest!
As the hammer-shaped light silently explodes, you could swear you hear a voice whisper the word "Justice".
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 11:16 AM CST
>What kind of paladin themed cam items would you like to see?

A pure white hammer-shaped amulet inset with the word "Justice" in cambrinth.

Sorry, could not resist that. <g>
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 11:20 AM CST
Let me rephrase that...

Something you'd like to see in the Paladin Shop(s).

~Maece

Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 11:21 AM CST
<<A pure white hammer-shaped amulet inset with the word "Justice" in cambrinth>>

That's cute!

~Maece

Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 11:54 AM CST
although the idea of cambrinth-inset [tower] shields would be awesome. turning into a y'shai is still a wonderful dream.

As the hammer-shaped light silently explodes, you could swear you hear a voice whisper the word "Justice".
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 12:17 PM CST
Something wearable that would hold 30+ mana. Guildcrest, lion, "justice", or my personal preference a tiger.

Relayer

A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps from you to Veegeslas.
It lands a demolishing hit against his chest!
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 12:22 PM CST
something like my prayer cord from Shard fest or pilgram type items
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 12:28 PM CST
Oh yeah, and something dark a gruesome for Slaris.

Relayer

Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 01:15 PM CST
<<something like my prayer cord from Shard fest or pilgram type items>>

You mean just provide items like this or in the form of a cam item? I'm looking for the latter. If this what you meant, could you give me some ideas or examples? I guess I'm not really picturing a prayer cam item.

~Maece

Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 01:37 PM CST
weren't there cambrinth prayer beads in one of the backpack-o-stuff prizes on that Ghost Ship quest? IIRC it even held more than 32 mana.

looking things up, this was part of the cleric prize package:

a strand of gleaming cambrinth prayer beads with a gold-inlaid platinum clasp
Large beads of reddish-black cambrinth, each enameled with the silhouette of one of the thirty-nine Immortals, are strung on a gold chain. Finishing the strand is a polished platinum clasp deeply etched with the Cleric's Guild crest and filled with red-gold.

Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 02:15 PM CST
>Oh yeah, and something dark a gruesome for Slaris.

LOL. Actually, I do like simple items, not neccesarily dark or gruesome. I agree with Pureblade, short taps. I prefer function over fluff.

Secondly, if there were items created that favored a darker side of Paladinism, and they were available to everyone, I'd probably not use them as RP tools. I have a few items with custom alterations that mean alot more to me than a Botolf shield or Dark Hand theme item worn by all the Darth Vader wannabe's would.

I gave up on the whole dark paladin thing a few years ago. If I've generated a rep for not playing a stellar, law abiding, goody goody Paladin [insert jerk, moron, snert, brickhead, etc... as needed], its not because of what I wear or use.

All that said; give us some simple items that I won't mind buying for a noobie. Use some of the quest end prizes as a template, so that I could (or others could) go buy a blue and silver backpack, and have a half-decent set of matching armor, shield, and maybe a weapon or two. It wouldn't have to be as valuable as the quest stuff, just a consistant theme for the 3 Paladin Gods. Could also have simple themes based on spell paths (smiter, scholar, justicar), or take a page from skill based titles and set reqs for certain packages or items.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 02:25 PM CST
Let me be more detailed with my request. I'm looking for specific item requests that you guys would like to see. For example:

a lump of cambrinth with a Paladin Guild crest attached

~Maece

Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 04:14 PM CST
Actually I agree with the position of many in the past that state we are Defenders of the GODS (plural) and should not limit our items to only Chadatru/lion themes

>>Let me be more detailed with my request. I'm looking for specific item requests that you guys would like to see.

So, along those lines, I'd say a mix of items worn on the wrist/arm/neck and depict ALL the gods aspects totem animals, ie.

A cambrinth wristband depicting a Raven -- Welkin -- Raccoon
A cambrinth pendant depicting a Unicorn -- Cow -- Adder
A cambrinth bracer depicting a Wolf -- Owl -- Shrew

Etc to cover all 3 aspects of each of the 13.

Of course, throw in the obligatory cambrinth epaulet with the Paladins Guild Crest on it. Still loving on mine from the Guild meeting long ago.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 05:25 PM CST
Is there any chance of combining a functional soulstone with cambrinth? In the Forgotten Realms novel, Tantras, this mortal person dies due to some trick by an evil god and Torm (this mortal's preferred patron) came to collect this soul. At the end of this exchange, the evil god would only grant this soul to Torm if he could demonstrate that this soul still was a true believer of Torm. To test this, Torm showed him his gauntlets and asked him to read what was written on them. Non-believers would see gibberish or nothing at all, true believers would see the runes for "honor" and "justice" from all the mortal languages of the world.

The item could be rubbed for soulstone effect, or charged/focused for cambrinth effect.

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Cambrinth items 03/17/2006 08:07 PM CST
a minature cambrinth Laytor-hide shield

Re: Cambrinth items 03/18/2006 04:47 AM CST
>Let me be more detailed with my request. I'm looking for specific item requests that you guys would like to see. For example:

Sheesh, picky picky. Okay then how about....

a cambrinth armband resembeling a fierce tiger.
a cambrinth mongoose bracer (for Rutilor).
a cambrinth badge in the form of a tower shield.
a calveryman's lance with cambrinth hanguard. (pike weapon)
a Templar's khuj with cambrinth topped shaft. (halberd weapon)

Relayer

Re: Cambrinth items 03/18/2006 05:42 AM CST
A few knee-jerk thoughts...

A large cambrinth-trimmed tower shield embossed with the Paladin guild crest
Simple and largely unadorned, this tower shield has the raised crest of the Paladin guild directly in the center, accented by rings of hammered cambrinth.

A cambrinth-inlaid tower shield adorned with the lion of Chadatru
Carefully crafted for durability, the dark stone of the cambrinth is inlaid in the broad surface and effectively accents the proud lion of Chadatru boldly set in the center of this shield.

Some cambrinth-inlaid field plate armor etched with the symbols of the Immortals
Painstakenly crafted symbols of each of the 39, each outlined and separated with a border of cambrinth, cover the entire chest of the handcrafted armor.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Cambrinth items 03/18/2006 08:32 AM CST
Cambrinth eppaulettes(sp?)
Cambrinth torques with the crest of the paladin's guild inlaid in them
Cambrinth torques with the (avatar of choice) inlaid in them
A silver-threaded belt with a cambrinth belt buckle with the crest of the paladin's guild embossed on it

Ryeka and a baby paladin

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Cambrinth items 03/18/2006 05:03 PM CST
I am not very artistic or creative but Sams ideas are exactly the kind of things I would like to see.

Wille
Re: Cambrinth items 03/19/2006 12:35 AM CST
A cambrinth-foiled lions tooth necklace
A cambrinth-veined soulstone amulet.
Some cambrinth quadrellos
A heavy steel repeater crossbow inladed with a cambrinth scripture
A light steel repeater crossbow inset with a cambrinth-veined smokey soulstone

~Rhamist

~I hate sand~

~The velver says, "I know that you know that I know that you're dead."~
Re: Cambrinth items 03/19/2006 12:55 AM CST
How about a set of cambrinth boots? They would provide me with yet another good excuse as to why I don't swim well.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Cambrinth items 03/19/2006 08:55 AM CST
Some plated jousting boots lined with cambrinth.
Some Cambrinth-veined jousting plate armor.
A high-backed jousting saddle inset with cambrinth.

Cavalier Calemnon, Knight of Therengia
Re: Cambrinth items 03/19/2006 11:02 AM CST
>>How about a set of cambrinth boots? They would provide me with yet another good excuse as to why I don't swim well.

I can see it now...
>look leucius
blah blah blah

You are wearing blah, blah,blah, a large lump of cambrinth encasing your feet.

Kalag says to you, "You've been causing a bit of trouble to my people, and by extension, me"

Kalag says to you, "Trouble distracts me from my work, allowing my rivals to get stronger"

Kalag says to you, "I don' like trouble..."

Kalag nods.

Two burly thugs grab you by the arms and toss you off the dock. One turns to Kalag and says, "Leucius, he be swimmin' with the fishes, boss"

J'Lo, no that other one
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Cambrinth items 03/20/2006 09:07 AM CST
<<Is there any chance of combining a functional soulstone with cambrinth?>>

Off the top of my head, I doubt it. Course, this doesn't mean it needs to remain that way but it may be tricky should we decide to ever expand on soulstones.

~Maece

Re: Cambrinth items 03/20/2006 09:09 AM CST
<<Of course, throw in the obligatory cambrinth epaulet with the Paladins Guild Crest on it. Still loving on mine from the Guild meeting long ago.>>

I have deliberately not created more of these to make those other ones still a little special. But if you guys are ok with it, I'll happily create more though - different descriptions of course.

~Maece

Re: Cambrinth items 03/20/2006 09:32 AM CST
>I have deliberately not created more of these to make those other ones still a little special. But if you guys are ok with it, I'll happily create more though - different descriptions of course.

if we shouldn't have a renown scroll to prevent jealousy, clearly we should have epaulets from all to prevent dark soul-killing envy! ;)

i'm fine with cambrinth epaulets. it's something nice paladins could have any it isn't like the old ones were more than just "hey thanks for coming" presents. i'm not going to feel slighted because someone else has fancy-text-shoulder-worn-cambrinth-X too.

Re: Cambrinth items 03/20/2006 04:36 PM CST
How about a chain mask with cambrinth lenses. (neutral) that just covers the eyes?

~Worrclan, Dwarf of the Realms-
Re: Cambrinth items 03/22/2006 04:32 PM CST
My suggestions, two sets of full HP armor. One gritty and battleworn, the other idealized and pristine.

TAP: a set of scratched iron field plate embedded with solid bars of rough cambrinth
LOOK: Heavy, thick plates of scored iron and thick layers of stained leather make up this durable armor. Though the metal surfaces are clearly cared for, deep gouges and traces of rust cover the armor and bear testament to long years of hard use. Four cambrinth bars, each rough-hewn and about a size to easily fit in the palm of one?s hand, are equally spaced on the breastplate while two more adorn the spaulders.

TAP: some scratched iron gauntlets embedded with a small cambrinth disc on each hand
LOOK: Thick iron, scored and pitted, is secured with thick layers of stained leather to provide a high level of protection. Though the metal surfaces are clearly cared for, deep gouges and traces of rust cover the armor and bear testament to long years of hard use. The cambrinth discs are rough-hewn and fitted to the back of each hand for easy access.

TAP: a scratched iron great helm trimmed with strips of rough cambrinth
LOOK: A solid piece of scored and pitted iron padded with thick leather, the helm is strong and durable. Though the metal surfaces are clearly cared for, deep gouges and traces of rust cover the armor and bear testament to long years of hard use. Thin strips of cambrinth trim the viewing slits and form a scowling visage upon the face of the helm.

TAP: some sleek field plate of mirrored steel adorned with a large cambrinth disc
LOOK: Highly polished to a mirror shine, this sleek and heavily-articulated armor combines formidable protection with a simple but attractive design. Rounded surfaces, practical for daily combat, manage to give the armor a vaguely organic feel. Black leather padding and straps are designed not to draw attention from the gleaming surfaces of the metal plates. The cambrinth disc, centered upon the breastplate and embossed with a roaring lion, is set in a solid steel ring.

TAP: some sleek gauntlets of mirrored steel adorned with small cambrinth discs
LOOK: Highly polished to a mirror shine, these sleek and heavily-articulated gauntlets combine formidable protection with a simple but attractive design. Rounded surfaces, practical for daily combat, manage to give the armor a vaguely organic feel. An overlapping pattern of stylized Paladin runes and glyphs are deeply etched upon the palm of each hand while the cambrinth discs, centered upon the back of each hand and embossed with the Paladin guild crest, are set in solid steel rings.

TAP: a sleek winged helm of mirrored steel bearing a cambrinth disc
LOOK: Highly polished to a mirror shine, this sleek open-faced helm combines formidable protection with a simple but attractive. Rounded surfaces, practical for daily combat, manage to give the armor a vaguely organic feel. The swept-back wings are of gleaming silver and a generous sprinkling of diamond dust, making them twinkle in even the dimmest light. The cambrinth disc, centered upon the brow and embossed with the Paladin guild crest, is set in a solid steel ring.

Seeing as they're designed for Paladins with 180+ in Magical Devices, I'd think they should be rather costly and protect better than storebought. (Forged quality would be nice, but perhaps split the difference between storebought and capped regular-metal forged if necessary.)

Arcelebor

"Back off, man. I'm a scientist."
PSA - Sakhara's definition of RP (like many things) is erroneous
Re: Cambrinth items 03/22/2006 04:44 PM CST
Is this the kind of stuff you are talking about? Full plate suits of armor and repeating crossbows with a smidge of cambrith. Or do you mean standard cambrith rings,armbands,orbs, and handheld items with unique designs? I thought you kind of ment what kind of designs would you like to see but everyone seems to be coming up with these huge totally new types of never before seen cambrith.

Events make the land live and breath over the normalcy of everyday hunting,foraging ect. It is the RP aspect that brings out people to live the game.

GM Shakahn on events in prime
Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 04:02 AM CST
Neat thing about a suggestion folder, if you think a neat new armband is best, suggest away. I personally went for newer ideas, simply because cambrinth items are now feasible. Shoot for the sky, dreams are more interesting when one has to soar to achieve them.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 04:21 AM CST
<<Neat thing about a suggestion folder, if you think a neat new armband is best, suggest away.>>

Well obviously, I think a God like slice sword made entirely of cambrith that can hold 250 mana that appraises at 1 copper and was both bonded and indestructable and graverobber protected and just by rubbing it it would cast AS,PFE,RW,DA, and was of course permenitlly blessed would be the best.

However I was asking because if thats what Macae is looking for then sure I cam make suggestions like that however if she is only going to make standard stuff with unique looks I'll make suggestions in that route.

Events make the land live and breath over the normalcy of everyday hunting,foraging ect. It is the RP aspect that brings out people to live the game.

GM Shakahn on events in prime
Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 05:31 AM CST
Go crazy, do both, I rather enjoy seeing the products of folks imaginations. Generally, a great deal of the suggestions are pretty awesome. Additionally, knowing Maece, every suggestion goes into her notes file she's mentioned a time or two, and if it doesn't appear in the next round of shop upgrades, who knows about future merchants and such. Of course, if suggesting reasonable and realistic ideas doesn't suit, I wouldn't mind that sword either.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 03:31 PM CST
>Go crazy, do both, I rather enjoy seeing the products of folks imaginations.

Okay, I want a cambrinth toy monkey that you fill with mana and then activate it. It then randomly attacks people and halts them. There, how ya like them apples?

Relayer

Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 04:46 PM CST
>>Okay, I want a cambrinth toy monkey that you fill with mana and then activate it. It then randomly attacks people and halts them. There, how ya like them apples?

Or a cambrinth warhorse that will trample the opponent!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 04:48 PM CST
>Or a cambrinth warhorse that will trample the opponent!

I like how you think.

Relayer

Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 04:50 PM CST
>>I like how you think.

::bows:; Thank you!

Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 05:43 PM CST
miniture cambrinth war horse that trots around on yer shoulder?

--
Treat empaths with respect, you'll live longer
--
http://people.1up.com/do/my1Up?publicUserId=5198137
Re: Cambrinth items 03/23/2006 05:44 PM CST
>Or a cambrinth warhorse that will trample the opponent!

Hahahaha. That would be the most useful horse in the game.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Prev_page Previous 1