Status quo. 08/02/2003 03:50 PM CDT
Calm down everyone. This is just a test I'm sure. We are going to be receiving the greatest secret item in the history of hot summers! I'm waiting. Shoulda been named Hot DowntweakPalliesandtellThemitsaGiftoverandoverTiltheyvomit onTheirPlate Nights! Read it quick, this post will certainly be pulled for not being in the mindless masses headnodding cult. Shopping is fun and money is good.

"I hate Pureblade." -Gadorr
Re: Status quo. 08/02/2003 03:56 PM CDT
I think Protect Intercept will be a rather spiffy gift, personally.
Re: Status quo. 08/02/2003 04:22 PM CDT
<<I think Protect Intercept will be a rather spiffy gift, personally. >>

Wish I had a very impressively protecting shield to help me with it...

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Status quo. 08/02/2003 04:27 PM CDT
>>Wish I had a very impressively protecting shield to help me with it...

Same here.

Thankfully, I believe that we have hardcore-coding GMs who really like working with Paladin-related things right now and when the armor/weapon rewrites come in, and as a result we'll be very please.

How long have we wanted soulstone items that weren't just soulstones? That's now coded. The same GM who coded that is coding Protect Intercept. Maece LOVES this guild, and I think the shop was her brain-child, correct? Maece and Ssra are working together, and I'm sure if we give them time they'll be able to toss in a few new shields as WELL as some of those spiffy soulstone-type items.

The way I see it is that we now have a template for a shield that is better than tower and can be sold in stores. We also have a template that allows items to have functioning soulstones. Put those two things together.. we have some damn nice stuff we can get.
Re: Status quo. 08/02/2003 04:29 PM CDT
<<The way I see it is that we now have a template for a shield that is better than tower and can be sold in stores. We also have a template that allows items to have functioning soulstones. Put those two things together.. we have some damn nice stuff we can get. >>

Except I remember Maece posting that she doesn't want soulstones sold in the shop. I would imagine that includes soulstone imbedded items.

Re: Status quo. 08/02/2003 04:38 PM CDT
>>Except I remember Maece posting that she doesn't want soulstones sold in the shop. I would imagine that includes soulstone imbedded items.

The obvious solution is that we have to get Maece very drunk, flirt with her, and tell her how wonderful she is for offering to put soulstone items in the shop.

If that doesn't work, perhaps we can have 'slotted' items that will allow us to put soulstones in them.

>tap
You tap a steel shield with a fist gripping air embossed on the front.

>look shield
The steel shield seems perfectly normal for a shield, except for a series of claw-like fingers gripping nothingness on the front. It seems that there is a deep depression underneath the space where the fingers wrap around nothingness, as if something was meant to be placed inside.

>put soulstone in shield
You press a latch on the back of your shield that opens the fingers in the front. You carefully slide a soulstone into the depression before closing the fingers around it, causing them to quickly shut with a loud SNAP.

>tap
You tap a steel shield with a fist embossed on the front gripping a soulstone.
Re: Status quo. 08/02/2003 05:52 PM CDT
Dare to dream Pureblade, dare to dream...

::Nudge:: Re: Status quo. 08/02/2003 08:05 PM CDT
Folks,

As you are aware, GM-Maece said she was looking into the concerns, and would post with an update when she had information to share.

Meanwhile lets please try to be constructive and keep this thread on topic.

Questions comments or concerns take it to e-mail MOD-Annwyl.

Thanks,

MOD-Annwyl
Re: ::Nudge:: Re: Status quo. 08/03/2003 12:05 AM CDT
::pants::

Ok, let's see here...

The warrior mage shield was from a contest and there was a VERY limited amount. No, it's not a new template. Yes, I will be able to do something similar, but due to the limited items part, I'm mulling over some alternate ideas. I would like to hear your feedback on it though. But let's take the suggestion thread to the suggestion folder?

Soulstone embedded stuff. When something like this is offered, I don't want want it overly rare, but I don't want it overly common. So, I don't plan on having it a regular occurrence in the store. Does that mean it will be in the store? Currently, that's not my thought. I won't be going into details just yet :)

~Maece
Re: ::Nudge:: Re: Status quo. 08/03/2003 01:03 AM CDT
>>When something like this is offered, I don't want want it overly rare, but I don't want it overly common.

What about the slotted items idea? That way, we still need soulstones (rare, must get off treasure system), but the shield itself is nice and available for use.

And can we please get something better than a tower shield? I don't want wall shields, but I would like something impressive. :D
Re: ::Nudge:: Re: Status quo. 08/03/2003 01:31 AM CDT
<<And can we please get something better than a tower shield? I don't want wall shields, but I would like something impressive.>>

You mean item wise or stat wise?

~Maece
Re: ::Nudge:: Re: Status quo. 08/03/2003 01:59 AM CDT
>>You mean item wise or stat wise?

Honestly, as a personal viewpoint, I hate things that are overly showy on the tap. I like a complex LOOK, though. That's what always makes me love an item. (I'm also sure other people love not looking at my character and seeing a ton of things with huge taps, too! Heh)

And honestly, having the max stat past very great isn't that big of a deal. The war mage shield is only one point higher than normal tower shields, and just as a big raspberry I doubt they're as good as us paladins are at taking advantage of the protection we already have. I even doubt the shield is that deep into the 'impressive' range. It's more the construction that tends to obligate me to always use Divine Armor. Maybe we can get some shields with better construction?
Re: Status quo. 06/03/2004 12:17 AM CDT
>Calm down everyone. This is just a test I'm sure. We are going to be receiving the greatest secret item in the history of hot summers! I'm waiting. Shoulda been named Hot DowntweakPalliesandtellThemitsaGiftoverandoverTiltheyvomit onTheirPlate Nights! Read it quick, this post will certainly be pulled for not being in the mindless masses headnodding cult. Shopping is fun and money is good.

>"I hate Pureblade." -Gadorr

So here I am catching up on posts, and I run into this thread.

Gadorr, and everyone else, did the "greatest secret item" occur yet? If so I'd like to know what it was and if I missed out on it too.

PS. The dragon scale shield? Why don't the paladins get a shield like that too? And 7 plat? That is cheap.
Re: Status quo. 06/03/2004 05:48 AM CDT
Catch up on a few more posts, we did get a shot at a limited number of those same shields. We got a better deal, shields + Alterations.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Status quo. 06/03/2004 06:23 AM CDT
Yeup, missed out on that too. Boo!
Re: Status quo. 06/03/2004 07:47 AM CDT
I'm still wondering why I never turned in what I wrote, ah well.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.