Shield Drag 11/27/2016 08:23 PM CST
If the Paladin has a large shield can use it to "Drag <Name> Shield".

This would allow a paladin to drag bodies that are heavier than they could normally drag with a reduced fatigue and lower RT.

Allowing younger Paladins to brave higher combats and still be useful.

Good roleplaying for younger Paladins who walk into danger to drag others out.
Re: Shield Drag 11/28/2016 08:16 AM CST
Good news, we've got it.
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Glyph_of_Ease

Samsaren
Re: Shield Drag 11/28/2016 01:32 PM CST

Yes glyph of ease does help after 25th circle...I am thinking of lower level paladins who want to help...Perhaps it stacks with Ease after 25th???
Re: Shield Drag 11/28/2016 06:39 PM CST
25th circle takes 3 days, kind of hard to justify the dev.

"Game balance is sobbing over in the corner as it considers the ramifications of AoE Blufmor Garaen. Your spell slots send their condolences." - GM Raesh
Re: Shield Drag 11/29/2016 08:21 AM CST
>>Yes glyph of ease does help after 25th circle...I am thinking of lower level paladins who want to help...Perhaps it stacks with Ease after 25th???

Typically we don't see much in the way of double-dipping 'buffs' in Dragonrealms. That said, we TEND to be more strength heavy, and have the potential to bonus strength by up to 20% via Heroic Strength (very low level and very handy buffing spell). Between HES, and Ease being relatively low level, we're rather decently setup for this regard.

While I'll grant that pre-25th it can feel like there's limited options, it DOES get better. Between our buffing spells, group abilities, and Protect, we're handy folks to have around in Invasions or group hunting.

Samsaren
Re: Shield Drag 11/29/2016 09:20 AM CST
I honestly wouldn't be excited about an ability that makes deaders easier to drag, but I would be excited by a Thief Contact-like ability to mark deaders so guild support could quickly scoop them up and take them to a triage location at a nearby city.
Re: Shield Drag 11/29/2016 10:14 AM CST
>>but I would be excited by a Thief Contact-like ability to

Gads no, aim for Trader contacts, they are HILARIOUSLY better then the paltry thief ones.

Samsaren
Re: Shield Drag 11/29/2016 01:27 PM CST
>Gads no, aim for Trader contacts, they are HILARIOUSLY better then the paltry thief ones.

Sold!

If you guys will permit me to dream about the ability a little more, I envision a sort of glyph ability tied to it... Something like "glyph triage area" to set a triage beacon (or bacon, har har) perceivable by paladin players (attunement determines distance) and, more importantly, the guild. The beacon would give some sort of benefit to triage members like slowed memory and vit loss (stackable with Lilt) for anyone not in combat. The beacon itself might fade, but the effects of setting the triage spot would persist beyond the effects' expiration until changed by the paladin.

Glyph triage (PC) would send a signal to the guild to transport the target to the triage spot if possible (skill check for distance from beacon). This glyph too would be perceivable by nearby paladins and would be included with the autoglyph 30th circle paladin ability.
Re: Shield Drag 11/30/2016 12:13 PM CST
Then the moonmages that want to help will be crying for you stealing their thunder.
Re: Shield Drag 11/30/2016 02:06 PM CST
I could be wrong, but I don't think they'd mind much if at all. An ability like the one I described would only eliminate drag time from a corpse to the set triage spot, which means I'd still have to run around from town to corpse to corpse/town, assuming I can even find the corpse(s) since I can't locate, shift beams or teleport. Plus, I imagine there would be measures in place to prevent its use across unreasonable distances (based on skill). Like, it wouldn't make sense if it allowed for traversing a large body of water or cross provincial lines.

If anything, I think it would open up opportunities to team up with a MM or other adventurer to get deaders to triage faster and would probably cut down on people preferring to quickly depart over waiting for a raise. I don't think it would steal MM's thunder any more than familiars, scouting, contacts, hirelings, etc.
Re: Shield Drag 11/30/2016 03:36 PM CST
As a prolific corpse collecting Moon mage, I can say I wouldn't mind paladins getting this ability, but I'd like them to have much sexier abilities than dragging a corpse easier/faster - and it shouldn't cost them a glyph or spell to do so.

If this became a thing, I'd rather see it become just a shield skill feat. Requires use of a large shield. Armor primary gets it at X (relatively low) ranks, secondary at X+ (relatively medium) ranks, tertiary at X++ (medium/high) ranks.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/Main_Page
Re: Shield Drag 11/30/2016 06:35 PM CST
>>Flint-tipped: As a prolific corpse collecting Moon mage, I can say I wouldn't mind paladins getting this ability, but I'd like them to have much sexier abilities than dragging a corpse easier/faster - and it shouldn't cost them a glyph or spell to do so. If this became a thing, I'd rather see it become just a shield skill feat. Requires use of a large shield. Armor primary gets it at X (relatively low) ranks, secondary at X+ (relatively medium) ranks, tertiary at X++ (medium/high) ranks.

This.

We have enough death-centric abilities that are hardly used.

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Paladin new player guide: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Paladin_new_player_guide

armor and shields: https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Armor_and_shield_player_guide