Haven't seen this in a while... 12/04/2009 12:01 AM CST
>app shield careful
You are certain that it imposes a moderate maneuvering hinderance.

This shield is large in size.

You are certain that the shield offers better than fair to incredible protection.

You are certain that it could do:
no puncture damage
no slice damage
severe impact damage

You are certain that the shield is poorly balanced and is reasonably suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the tower shield is moderately strong, and is in pristine condition.

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be worn on the left arm.
You are confident that the tower shield weighs exactly 190 stones.
You are certain that the tower shield is worth exactly 27060 dokoras.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

< You throw a gold-plated tower shield at a putrefying shambler. A putrefying shambler attempts to dodge. The shield lands a strong hit that blasts heavily into the right arm.
The tower shield falls to the ground!
[You're invigorated, energetic, mighty, solidly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 6 sec.]

>get shield
You pick up a gold-plated tower shield emblazoned with a majestic lion.
Re: Haven't seen this in a while... 12/04/2009 07:59 AM CST
Captain America?

First time I saw 300 near the end when the Spartans get decimated, Leonidis' 2nd in command (I forget his name) went on a rampage before finally being brought down and he did throw his shield like a frisbee. Hit someone square in the face if I recall. Made me think of doing that in DR. Only in DR I'd have Bond Weapon casted on the shield so it would be more of a cross between a frisbee and a boomerang. Double the fun!

-Guardian Lord Alaxndr Durnovaria, Advocate of Therengia

"A knight is sworn to valor
His heart knows only virtue
His blade defends the helpless
His words speak only truth
His wrath undoes the wicked."
Re: Haven't seen this in a while... 02/14/2010 02:12 PM CST
Is it actually possible to throw heavier shields like that?
Re: Haven't seen this in a while... 02/14/2010 02:42 PM CST
If your strength is at least half of the shield's weight in stones, you can throw it. Last time I tested, I was unimpressed with the damage of an 160 stone tower shield.
Re: Haven't seen this in a while... 02/23/2010 03:09 PM CST
I don't play a paladin but I'm thinking of making one so I have been reading up on some stuff and as for throwing shields I use a smaller tanned shield and it's probably the best non lodging LT I have used other than my mallet that was me/mb/lt. It's so good I thought about having two bucklers just to use one as LT.
Re: Haven't seen this in a while... 06/21/2010 03:48 AM CDT
The possibilities are pretty nice. I would more like to see shield be used and thrown offhand. Specially sense I've been training offhand like crazy. Gotta love a nice heavy scimitar. Does a shield in your right hand default to parry? Or will it only work in your left hand or left arm? Emmm, dual shields? Interesting concept. Incredible protection on both sides?.... Wow that would be great. lol