skill req for armwarn tower shield? 07/29/2005 11:03 AM CDT
see title ;)

Tog strength means never having to say you're sorry, and never finding the right shoe size.
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 07/29/2005 01:45 PM CDT
Gotta be an armor prime, i.e. a paladin. Other than that make sure it's the right tower shield for arm-wearing.

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 07/29/2005 01:59 PM CDT
You are also required to be 4th circle in addiction to the armor prime req.

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
(I'll trade all my titles for just ONE last name, well almost all of em)
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 07/29/2005 02:58 PM CDT
<<You are also required to be 4th circle in addiction to the armor prime req.>>

Freudian slip?

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 07/29/2005 03:04 PM CDT
>Freudian slip? ~ Caneghem Urathi

I don't have a Problem! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!!!!
::cackles madly::

--
Ranger Hanryu _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _, Sword of House Calibanor
(interventions will do you no good I say!)
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 07/29/2005 04:52 PM CDT
No... it would be "I dont have a problem, you have a problem... MOM"

Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 07/30/2005 09:38 PM CDT
yup yup, it was 4th circle... thanks guys

Tog strength means never having to say you're sorry, and never finding the right shoe size.
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 11/10/2005 10:26 AM CST
>>

Greetings,

Will go through the list of new stuff that I talked about at SIMUCON.

I stated at the meeting there are four main points I design around when brainstorming or working on Paladin related abilities.

1) Defense
2) Protection
3) Leadership
4) Righteous Justice

I was telling Redarch the ultimate goal is that when a group is to be formed I want a Paladin leading it. :)

Armor

I'm going to dig into the combat code at some point an add new messaging that indicates to you when your armor actually stops a blow. Right now what we typically see are "glancing" strikes and nothing to truly indicate to you that your armor just saved you. One of the first things I did when I became a staff member was to look at the armor code and see how it worked. Ranks DO help and the type of armor you wear does matter. I feel like the problems with being armor primary is that it's a very passive skill [in large] and you can't actively see your ranks and skill at work. I hope by expanding the combat messaging that will improve things on many levels. It's not a high priority change but it's something I want to do.

There will be new armors. The safe bet is cloth. I have plans for studded leather, bone, and banded armor types.

Shield

There will be wearable shields. I'm going to break all shields town into three types: small, medium, large.

You'll be able to set if you want to attach a small shield to your arm or hold it in hand. Anyone will be able to "wear" a small shield.

Medium shields will be kite/oval type shields and the only guild that will be able to wear a medium shield on the arm will be Paladins.

Large shields will be tower/wall type shields and no guild will be able to wear them on the arms -- they must be held in hand.

I'm going to give modifiers to the shield types so they perform differently in combat.

- Small shields will be more effective in melee combat and be more akin to parry, weak against ranged
- Medium shields will be the "middle ground" linking small and large shields.
- Large shields will be very effective against ranged attacks and less effective against melee

This does not mean a large shield will be less effective than a small shield in melee combat. It simply means that each type will derive a small bonus/hex to the type of attack it's defending against. You can overcome these minor modifications by increasing the "class" [or protection stats] of the shield <<

that was posted abuot a year ago, what happened to no guild would be able to wear tower shields on their arms?

i do however like the concept of tower shields being more effective against range attacks and small shields for melee attacks.
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 11/10/2005 02:04 PM CST
>>that was posted abuot a year ago, what happened to no guild would be able to wear tower shields on their arms?<<

Things changed is what happened. Lemme guess that your a non-paladin warming up to crying about the guild getting something that you want and you feel it is unfair. :(

~Silus
A gentleman and a scholar
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 11/10/2005 02:25 PM CST
I prefer what we got, as opposed to whats in that old post.

Reporting is futile, you will be assimilated.
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 11/10/2005 02:54 PM CST
>>Things changed is what happened. Lemme guess that your a non-paladin warming up to crying about the guild getting something that you want and you feel it is unfair. :(

~Silus
A gentleman and a scholar <<

huh? i dont get it, non - paladin crying?
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 11/11/2005 07:06 AM CST
non - paladin crying = a non guilded person bringing up a year old post for no apparent reason at all

~Silus
A gentleman and a scholar
Re: skill req for armwarn tower shield? 11/12/2005 08:20 PM CST
oh i wasnt crying, i havent played the game in a year and half and was curious as to what changed.

but if it makes you feel better than im a non-paladin crying...ok, feel better about yourself.