Shield bash questions 12/10/2004 02:50 PM CST
Ok, shield bash is quite new to me, but I already have to admit that I love it, although a few things I haven't figured out, yet.

For now, I 'd like to ask what skill (if any) receives experience awarded for a successful shield bash? When I throw it while brawling, I see exp. gain for HT, but nothing yet for the bashes I inflict.

Humm Breaux
Prydaen Refugee Freedon Fighter
Re: Shield bash questions 12/10/2004 03:48 PM CST
You get some shield experience for a successful shield bash, but it usually isn't very noticeable because it seems to work just like weapon experience. So it seems like you're working off the lower weapon caps than the higher armor caps.

A question I have is... what percentage of your shield ranks are actually going toward hitting the target? I understand the balance issue, but with a 50 rank disparity between weapon and shield I feel like shield should be hitting more often than weapon. Anyone else notice this or test it out?

~Caneghem Urathi
Re: Shield bash questions 12/11/2004 10:06 AM CST
Use a better balanced and DA'ed shield and you'll hit more then if you are using a tower type shield. After swinging an axe for a while(low balance HE) it became appearntly just how crappy bad balance on weapons can be.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.