Shield Broke 07/02/2004 11:05 AM CDT
I went to grave worms/ Bone wolves in LEth the other day and my shield broke. It was a Jousting shield pexpertly painted with a white horse. It was given to me awhile ago and I have no idea where it came from. I liked to use it for jousting and fluff for events. I came back after a year off and simply forgot to swap out shields. Anyone know where this came from? If so any idea on cost?
Re: Shield Broke 07/02/2004 03:29 PM CDT
There were two types of Jousting Shields as I remember. One was an end prize of the Gnome Quest.

The other was a special merchant.. I think it was from the Fest ship that visited Crossing a while back.

The second Jousting shield didn't have stats as good as the one from the Gnome Quest. From your description, I think yours was from the Fest Ship.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Shield Broke 07/02/2004 04:39 PM CDT
Yeah, I know it wasn't any where near the quality of the gnome quest shield. Thanks for the info! Looks like I can pack that up as a shield lost for good.
Re: Shield Broke 07/03/2004 02:23 AM CDT
<<There were two types of Jousting Shields as I remember. One was an end prize of the Gnome Quest.>>
<<The second Jousting shield didn't have stats as good as the one from the Gnome Quest. From your description, I think yours was from the Fest Ship.>>

Isn't there also one sold at the Hoy? I believe it's called "a jousting shield" like the gnome quest one, but the appraisal on it is that of a piece of rice-paper.

--Just a "clueless" Squire
Re: Shield Broke 07/05/2004 06:45 AM CDT
Was it the ship fest or the Safari Adventure? Can't call the Safari a Quest.

May Chadatru bless the spirit of Baron Jeldric, Baron Gyfford and Lord Rayac,

DeLiber Oppresso
House Hedeon
Re: Shield Broke 07/05/2004 09:53 AM CDT
Ahh, the Taisidon Safari! Forgot about that one. I went on it about the same time as the Fest Ship was in Crossing. Now that you mention it, it may well have been sold in that shield shop where I got my bonded shield.

Likelihood of someone having another of those they are willing to sell to replace the one the person lost that started this thread... very slim.

Maybe if/when they open old ticketed quests again, the poster might go back on the Taisidon Safari one and buy another (few) shields of that type? I wouldn't hold my breath however.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Shield Broke 07/05/2004 09:57 AM CDT
Now that you mention Taisidon, I vaguely remember someone telling me they thought it was there before. Thanks for the info!

Cadmuson