Battle Shields 03/04/2004 09:42 AM CST
I have seen a few battle shields (From Ratha?) about and was wondering if they gave better protection than the Theren Tower shield?

Thanks in advance
Re: Battle Shields 03/04/2004 09:50 AM CST
A few? The only one I know of is "a brass-edged battle shield". It appraises similar to a Theren kite shield. See the link below for Gidske's armor/shield guides.

http://www.heromachine.com/drealms/

Arcelebor

Combat Combos http://www.angelfire.com/dragon/steelflash/drealms/weapons.html
Combat Quick-Reference http://dr.theflightline.net/combat.htm
Re: Battle Shields 03/05/2004 09:40 AM CST
I got my shield somewhere around Shard in my younger days. SOmeone took me, so I nae remember the directions. But I do know it was north of Shard and not in a clan. I've never had a problem with it. Are there any other store bought shields better than this?

You are certain that it imposes a moderate maneuvering hinderance.

You are certain that the shield offers low to very great protection.

You are certain that the tower shield is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The tower shield is made with metal.
It appears that the tower shield can be slung over one shoulder.
The tower shield has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the tower shield is worth exactly 400 lirums.

- Jocevf Sevastian

Council Memeber
Order of the Apostles
Re: Battle Shields 03/08/2004 12:53 PM CST
Thats the tower from fayrins rest. it has slightly lower construction than the theren tower, and the same everythng else.

- Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to hide the bodies of those people I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Re: Battle Shields 03/08/2004 03:50 PM CST
>>Thats the tower from fayrins rest. it has slightly lower construction than the theren tower, and the same everythng else.

I thought long and hard about buying that shield during my Squire days. but I remember someone mentioning that the reason for the Theren Shield's price difference was that the Fayrins Rest shield was about 60 stones heavier. Encumbrance is a neverending fight for me so I took the Theren Tower shield as being the better deal.

Monacus
Sword hand raised with the greatest reluctance but truest blade, may the 13 have mercy on the noble Paladin!
Re: Battle Shields 03/09/2004 07:25 PM CST
Long live the gnome quest goodies!
You are certain that it imposes a low maneuvering hinderance.

You are certain that the shield offers better than fair to very great protection.

You are certain that the jousting shield is well constructed, and is in pristine condition.

It appears that the jousting shield can be slung over one shoulder.
The jousting shield has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the jousting shield is worth exactly 40000 lirums.

got this one when i had all of 40 ranks of shield when we were told that paladin reqs were going to change
went to Langenfirth and sucked every bit of learning the peccs/troll/fends would give me
now i'm closing on 300 and had to move to rossmans

it's never been damaged and sure seems to cover my butt