Re: HES and Courage rewrite 10/01/2019 06:13 AM CDT

Says it’s live on TF, but not giving stamina when casting HES
Re: HES and Courage rewrite 10/01/2019 02:24 PM CDT

The update to the spells are cool. Thanks for that. Not to be greedy, but can i ask if there are any other development plans for Paladins in the works?
Re: HES and Courage rewrite 10/01/2019 04:42 PM CDT
>>Not to be greedy, but can i ask if there are any other development plans for Paladins in the works?

Not greedy at all. I promised a lot and delivered little over the past year, so wondering where we stand is perfectly justified.

There's a few other spells in the Paladin book that I want to give similar treatment to -- condense two into one, then invent a new thematically appropriate effect to the vacated spell. My hope is to get through this without necessitating a spell slot wipe/repick, because that's annoying for everyone involved. But that's an option if things get too wild and it feels justified.

Glyph wise I'm looking at an update to Warding that'll hopefully make it a bit more useful than its current outmoded function. I want to move the TM defense aspect to its own glyph but that's probably a later thing; it'll remain as is and where it is until that happens. Every Glyph needs touching, but Warding is the only one I have a real solid, actionable plan that I can deliver in a near-term future.

Paladin ethics and introduction of the House of the Desperate is... problematic in ways I did not foresee, but still a strong desire on my end. I want to get a few smaller, practical releases for Paladins out first before I try tackling a big aspect of the guild like that again.

LEAD has been a thorn in my side for a year. I've been having problems with it that I won't get into because they're purely technical/backend/my foolishness related. It's coming, but again probably not next.

Overall 2019 has not been a good year for my DRing. I lost a family member in February after a multi-year decline and both caring for him and losing him was a substantial part of my life for awhile. I can't promise life won't throw more curve balls, but I am here now and I'll do what I can as I can.

-Armifer
"Perinthia's astronomers are faced with a difficult choice. Either they must admit that all their calculations were wrong ... or else they must reveal that the order of the gods is reflected exactly in the city of monsters." - Italo Calvino
Re: HES and Courage rewrite 10/02/2019 07:07 AM CDT
I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Armifer. In light of that, DR certainly should take a back seat while you try to find a new normal.

On the good side, I dusted off a paladin I hadn't used in some time to try out the new developments. Good stuff, even for a lowbie char!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
HoJ 11/22/2019 06:24 PM CST
On the topic of spell condensing and the potential re-writing of spells, I would respectfully submit Hands of Justice into the conversation to be reassessed, provided it hasn't already.

At the risk of unintentionally speaking for others, I would presume there aren't a large number of Paladins using Hands of Justice in earnest. To that end I would proffer two alternatives:

Keeping Hands of Justice's spell effect unaltered and making it a metaspell that would work in conjunction with either the Divine Guidance or Clarity spells.

Removing the area of effect component and GESTURE ability that inhibits a players ability to steal for a short period of time. Adding the theft detection/protection effect to Divine Guidance or Clarity. Raising the spell slot cost to reflect the amalgam of the two, and redesigning the Hands of Justice spell with a more auspicious effect: Reducing RT on melee weapons, or perhaps giving a bonus to the Conviction skill, something of that sort.

- Anuind Silverspruce

Any drunken idiot can fall off a bar stool, a real man rides it to the ground.