Re: RUE and DA tweaks 07/07/2015 01:27 AM CDT
>>DR-Raesh: I've changed Rutilor's Edge and Divine Armor to use the Utility skill instead of the Augmentation skill.

Suddenly, the utility skill has become useful to me. :-)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: RUE and DA tweaks 07/07/2015 11:29 AM CDT
i don't use RUE in combat. DA is great but won't work nearly as well as I have so little utility skill. And given how few times I cast it in combat where I spent most of the time I don't see my utility moving much at all so basically DA took a huge hit. I see this as a downgrade. Too bad.
Re: RUE and DA tweaks 07/07/2015 03:57 PM CDT
Think of it as an opportunity to have a reason to train utility more. Our books are a little light in day-to-day utility spells (most of them are kinda niche) so having a solid one isn't a total loss. Annoying till you catch up some? Sure. Give it a little and you won't even notice anymore.

Samsaren
Re: RUE and DA tweaks 07/07/2015 08:19 PM CDT

Yah I agree. I never mind training a skill. Small setback but I agree bigger picture this is good. I believe Truff Rally is utility as well so this will help me work towards being able to cast that cause i don't train magic outside of combat much. So yes slight setback, but just casted DA and it'll last a decent bit in combat now.
Re: RUE and DA tweaks 07/07/2015 08:46 PM CDT
TR is a hybrid Aug/Util. I usually use Symb'd AS casts to build up quick Utility mindstates.

Samsaren
Re: RUE and DA tweaks 07/07/2015 09:00 PM CDT
Cool change, thanks. I appreciate having more combat-friendly utility spells now.
Re: RUE and DA tweaks 07/10/2015 05:40 AM CDT
nice to see an overview being applied. no worries for me really as I've trained my Utility skill since I got VOS.

Otaron