Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 01:50 PM CST
Does this also mean it now defaults to whomever/whatever you're facing when you cast it? As opposed to having to specify?

Thanks,

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 01:51 PM CST
>>Does this also mean it now defaults to whomever/whatever you're facing when you cast it? As opposed to having to specify?

As an offensive spell it should, as long as it's a creature anyway.
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 01:53 PM CST
For the record, it defaulted (love that!)

But:
You gesture at XXX.
The mana you were holding contributes to the spell.

You feel a deep pain in your soul for initiating the attack against XXX. This is dishonorable!
You stare at XXX, attempting to stop him in his tracks with your gaze, but fail.
Roundtime: 3 seconds

~Kattena

A gestalt draugen swipes a hooked leonine claw at Silus. The claw lands a solid hit that cuts deeply into his groin!
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 02:00 PM CST
>This is dishonorable!

+5 points for breaking Armifer's code withint he hour!
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 02:03 PM CST
I aim to please :D

~Kattena

Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 02:06 PM CST
Same thing just happened to me, but I assumed it was because I halted my wife...

>cas taa
You gesture at Taare.

You feel a deep pain in your soul for initiating the attack against Taare. This is dishonorable!
You stare intently at Taare, stopping her in her tracks with your gaze.
Roundtime: 1 seconds

>
Taare whispers, "WTB: Be'Ort Rose"

- Anuind
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 02:27 PM CST
Very happy that it defaults properly now, thank you.
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 02:29 PM CST
>>+5 points for breaking Armifer's code withint he hour!

I hate Paladin code a lot.

Give me a few minutes, I'll either have this fixed or revert it.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 02:35 PM CST
The Offensive change has been reverted for now. The messaging fix is still live.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 02:59 PM CST
>I hate Paladin code a lot.

You know the only solution is the scrap the Paladin guild! :D

That, or rewrite it whole, yeah! You know you love rewriting!
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 03:37 PM CST
<<You know the only solution is the scrap the Paladin guild! :D

I would be quite content as an armor prime thief.

< You fire an ironwood quadrello at a baby forest gryphon. A baby forest gryphon fails to dodge. The quadrello lands a devastating hit that mashes the gryphon's right eye to pulp with a direct smash to the face, knocking it completely senseless.
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 05:47 PM CST
>> The Offensive change has been reverted for now. The messaging fix is still live.

Armifer, can you please justify the change from beneficial spell to offensive spell?

I swear, whenever I used it on someone, it was for their own good!

"Limited in nature yet infinite in desire - men are like fallen gods."
- Alphonse de Lamartine
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 05:51 PM CST
Obviously not Armifer, but I think one of the reasons was specifically so it would default to the target you are facing when cast. I remember it coming up in a thread sometime in the past couple of months that it should default, but wasn't. The reason it wasn't was that it wasn't technically an 'offensive' spell.

~Kattena

Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 06:47 PM CST
>>Armifer, can you please justify the change from beneficial spell to offensive spell?

I can't tell if you're joking or not.

-Armifer
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 06:52 PM CST
>>I can't tell if you're joking or not.

Armifer, can you please justify the change from beneficial spell to offensive spell?

I know whenever I cast it at someone, it's for their own "benefit" :D

"Limited in nature yet infinite in desire - men are like fallen gods."
- Alphonse de Lamartine
Re: Halt Update 03/11/2010 06:53 PM CST
Oh, okay.

-Armifer
Re: Halt Update 03/12/2010 07:41 AM CST
I can not read any of Armifer's posts but read all of the responses. Am I solo on this?

Death Dealer Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Halt Update 03/12/2010 07:42 AM CST
Maybe you accidentally ignored his account.

Rev. Reene

"Oh, I'm not omniscient -- but I know a lot."
- Mephistopheles, Faust
Re: Halt Update 03/12/2010 07:45 AM CST
>>I can not read any of Armifer's posts but read all of the responses. Am I solo on this?

YOU FAIL.

Also what Reene said.
Re: Halt Update 03/12/2010 10:24 AM CST
Heh, how'd that happen, Thanks Reene.

Rish, it's not your brother calling next time. :)

Death Dealer Adakin of Prime
WorldsBestMagic Kastr of TF

"The Key To Immortality Is Living A Life Worth Remembering."

"Killing Time Murders Opportunities."
Re: Halt Update 04/06/2010 09:13 AM CDT
Any update on this? is Halt susposed to default to the target you're facing?

It isn't.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 02:18 PM CDT
It would be REAL nice if this functionality was enacted/restored for Halt. I've found new use for it lately, and it is very annoying having to reconfirm your intended target everytime there is a change in the number of creatures in the area.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 02:26 PM CDT
You use halt while hunting? Why?

- Fist of the Heavens Korsik Rippentropp, Aegis of Justice

I warned you before I'm addicted to war
I was praying for Armageddon on the day I was born
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 03:17 PM CDT
<< You use halt while hunting? Why? >>

It can be useful for backtraining weapons, but I prefer stun foe personally, but a paladin who has halt but not stun foe I could certainly see using halt in combat.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 04:52 PM CDT
Why would you be backtraining weapons if you have halt and not stun foe? You should be focusing on, oh I don't know, getting stun foe.

Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 05:13 PM CDT
<< Why would you be backtraining weapons if you have halt and not stun foe? You should be focusing on, oh I don't know, getting stun foe. >>

Halt is a prereq for stun foe.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 05:21 PM CDT
<< Why would you be backtraining weapons if you have halt and not stun foe? You should be focusing on, oh I don't know, getting stun foe. >>

>>Halt is a prereq for stun foe.

That doesn't answer the question. If you have halt, but not stun foe, you shouldn't be wasting time backtraining weapons. You should wait until after you get stun foe to mess around with that.

Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 05:32 PM CDT
<< That doesn't answer the question. If you have halt, but not stun foe, you shouldn't be wasting time backtraining weapons. You should wait until after you get stun foe to mess around with that. >>

Ahh, cause you know best? Let people play how THEY want to play.

And for what its worth, I back train a pile of weapons while still keeping my primaries locked. Its hardly a waste of time.

Troll.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 05:51 PM CDT
Yeah, um, backtraining is fine and dandy, but you might as well get the important stuff first before you get into a situation where you feel it necessary to backtrain, either for reqs or just out of fun. Stun foe is one of those end-all/be-all spells of the Paladin guild. But what do I know? I'm apparently just a troll for having an opinion on the matter. Thanks pal.

Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 06:02 PM CDT
Halt should be fixed regardless of your belief that stun foe is better.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 06:47 PM CDT
why does Halt need to be fixed? seems it's working exactly as they intended albeit not as efficient and in a different manner than it used to be. Stop trolling with your grand knowledge of nothing JMF90.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 07:06 PM CDT
>>seems it's working exactly as they intended

Well it doesn't currently default to whatever you are facing. This was the intended change, that has since been rolled back (because of bugs, I believe).

Seems like it would be a worthwhile change to me.

-Landros
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 07:08 PM CDT
Halt really does need to be fixed, and I dont think Im a troll. Just as Landros it doesnt currently default to what you are facing, makes the spell almost worthless. Would love to use halt for backtraining.

Has anybody done a test to see if the creature takes the same evasion penalty for SF VS Halt?
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 07:11 PM CDT
>why does Halt need to be fixed? seems it's working exactly as they intended albeit not as efficient and in a different manner than it used to be. Stop trolling with your grand knowledge of nothing JMF90.

Halt was recently updated to be flagged as an offensive spell. This allows it to default to the creature your facing when you type "cast" without specifying a target. Somehow, this change got reverted. That's what needs to be fixed.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 09:04 PM CDT
The change got rolled back because it was broken and causing a soul hit when halt was used against another PC. Yes, it still needs to be fixed. It is an offensive spell and should default to who/what ever you are facing without you needing to specify a target.

~Kattena

Re: Halt Update 04/11/2010 09:11 PM CDT
Double post, sorry!

Actually, if you just go back a couple of pages to posts 3401, 3406 and 3407, it pretty much explains what happened.

~Kattena