RIP wodie 12/28/2008 10:46 PM CST
I was asked to post on the boards here for a player that has recently passed away on Wednesday from lung cancer.

His character's name was Wodie. He was a paladin. I didnt personally know him, but there was an interest to know if any of his IG friends wanted or are planning to have an IG Service for him. Thanks

-This message was also posted in Losses to our community

Falker
Re: RIP wodie 12/29/2008 09:17 AM CST
I heard about it too, its quite a shame. Seemed like a pretty stand up guy.

-Landros
Re: RIP wodie 12/29/2008 10:24 AM CST
Good guy the few times we spoke. Head to Therengia and find the Cavalry, I believe they are planning some sort of rememberance.
Re: RIP wodie 12/30/2008 10:43 AM CST
Awww Man... ::sigh:: I knew Wodie... Always sad to hear of anyone in the game passing... especially during the Holidays. My condolences to his friends and family... he will definately be missed. R.I.P. Player of Wodie =(

Tough times never last, but tough people do.
Re: RIP wodie 12/30/2008 11:13 PM CST
We are planning a Memorial for Tony's character Wodie in January. Please look on the Calendar for details and leave any further postings in the Goodbye Folder of the Social Side where everyone else has been posting.

He originally had throat cancer a couple years ago, and after surgery and aggressive treatment we thought he'd won the battle. It sadly moved into his lungs recently and took him almost as quickly as he discovered it.

Tony will be greatly missed by many, and especially by his fellow Cavalry members. He befriended many Players in DR with his kindness and sense of humor.

Senior Commander Gwenddolyn,
Of the Therengia Cavalry,
Baron's Dragoons, Baron's Hussars, and Baron's Outriders
Re: RIP wodie 01/06/2009 08:53 PM CST
Just heard the news. Wodie was an inspiration to me. A kind caring considerate man, generous to a fault.

Squiff's having a quiet ale (or two) in Telgar's Inn. It feels so empty without him.

SQUIFF
Not circling, SHIFTING!
Re: RIP wodie 01/07/2009 12:55 PM CST
I'll try to be present onthe 17th, but since I can't come to the scheduled service on the 16th, I'll just say now that I appreciated Wodie for how I knew him, as a kind, considerate, and friendly person, and I admire him for his fight and the chin he kept up.

Peace!

Humm Breaux
Prydaen Refugee Freedon Fighter