Break time, maybe goodbye 03/13/2007 07:09 PM CDT
It's time to take a break from DR again. I haven't really played, or felt like playing in a few weeks. I had thought a spin in Plat might revive my interests, but I quickly got stuck in the same ruts.

This is is my 2nd account closing type break in 7 years, and I don't have any plans to return. Time will tell. I'm off doing other things, mostly playing my new guitar, and helping out with the kids, etc... Some of you know how it is... just doing something different.

I said it last time, so I'll do it again; THANK YOU to all who interacted with my character, or at least knew of him, or perhaps just fought, cried, laughed [+emote] in the game because or with him. Special THANK YOU's to all I've met with, or chatted with in RL. You're all welcome to mail me, call me or whatever... those friendships are not gone.

Take care folks.

-Marc, player of Slaris/others
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/13/2007 07:29 PM CDT
Later Marc... wait what am I saying I'll still be coming over to your place and hanging out!

Tom - Ellsdragon
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/13/2007 11:11 PM CDT
Twas a true pleasure to Adventure beside ya Marc/Slaris. Recharge.. do other things.. enjoy and hopefully after a bit of time, you'll rediscover an interest in DR again. If and when that happens, Red will be there to welcome ya back.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/13/2007 11:35 PM CDT
You were always helpful with all my n00b questions for my Paladin. Take care, and believe me, you'll be back -- I think I'm back from my fourth break.

~Thilan
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/14/2007 12:54 AM CDT
I've always enjoyed your style of Paladining. Enjoy the breakage.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/14/2007 07:59 AM CDT
Enjoy the time off my friend. Safe travels and much success in your ventures.

Madigan
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/14/2007 11:48 AM CDT
Take it easy, Slaris.

We all need a break once in a while. Especially you from your ridiculously extensive backtraining :P

Hope to see you back sometime.

-Eeary
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/16/2007 05:52 PM CDT
You owe me a spar Sir, catch you when you come back.

~Silus
Smite first, ask questions later.
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/16/2007 08:16 PM CDT
Take care of yourself and hopefully you won't be able to stay away from us for long!

~Maece

The great state of Vermont will not apologize for its cheese!"

~Thank You for Smoking~
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/17/2007 03:32 PM CDT
What a fine time I choose to leave. Just as Silus and Aspasia start flapping their gums again. Ah well. I got an email from cancel@simu ... seems I'm paid until 4APR07; so maybe theres a chance for me to hand out a parting beatdown to Mister Silus. ;)
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/18/2007 05:40 PM CDT
Jeesh, is there anyone left in these parts. The Realms seem really dead, especially the boards. I miss the good old gum-flapping days of yore.

Player of Aspasia Darkbrook

Peace is the not the absence of conflict; it is the supremacy of Justice and Harmony.
Re: Break time, maybe goodbye 03/19/2007 06:45 PM CDT
>>The Realms seem really dead, especially the boards. I miss the good old gum-flapping days of yore.<<

On one hand, I agree. On the other hand, I can actually find the time to read almost every post of interest to me now, unlike the old days when I would read one post only to find 10 new ones had appeared in that time it took me to read that one. I still miss the folks who've gone, but I can't complain about the boards being slow while I'm still being grateful about being able to keep up.