Happy Shamrock Day! 03/17/2006 10:23 AM CST

~Maece

"Is that the Six Million Dollar Man's boss?" ~The 40 Year Old Virgin~
Re: Happy Shamrock Day! 03/17/2006 11:07 AM CST
And just remember that a true guinness takes 5 minutes to make, done in 3 steps, and is 52 degrees.
Re: Happy Shamrock Day! 03/17/2006 12:12 PM CST
May the luck of the Irish be with you all.

Relayer

A brilliant stream of pure white light jumps from you to Veegeslas.
It lands a demolishing hit against his chest!
As the hammer-shaped light silently explodes, you could swear you hear a voice whisper the word "Justice".
Re: Happy Shamrock Day! 03/17/2006 02:17 PM CST
>And just remember that a true guinness takes 5 minutes to make, done in 3 steps, and is 52 degrees.

I only knew that a true Guinness drinker left 4 foamy rings on the pint glass.

"... and what is the use of a book," thought Alice, "without pictures or conversations?"
Re: Happy Shamrock Day! 03/17/2006 03:31 PM CST
Slainte mhath to all

Everyone has their own "real" way to prepare and drink the perfect pint of Guinness. Personally, I like mine at room temp, and bottomless (the opposite of how I like my women).

According to the Guinness website Guinness draught is best served at 6 degrees C (42.8 F), is poured in 2-parts, and takes just under 2-minutes (119.5 seconds) for the perfect pour. This is also how I was taught to serve it at the bars I tended in Cincinnati.

According to the Irish Pubs I used to go to in Chicago a true Guinness drinker only leaves 3-rings. (doing this to 10-pints in one night I now have my name engraved at a plaque in a Cincinnati pub called Haps).

Whoever is right doesn't matter. What matters is you enjoy your Guinness (if the bartender pours it in a way you hate send it back!), enjoy your night, and be safe with your driving habits!

Salud,
Jon aka Lennon visiting on a friends acct.
Re: Happy Shamrock Day! 03/17/2006 11:34 PM CST
>>>be safe with your driving habits!

Agreed.

So sayeth the former cabbie/hack, former professional designated driver, former victim of a DUI accident (DUI and hit-and-run, to be precise. And on Mother's Day morning, at that.), and friend of someone who killed three after wrapping himself around a case or two of Coors. (He had no tastebuds. And said friend just recently got done with a 14-year stint being the property of the State of California, so he probably has fewer tastebuds now.)

Of course, by the time you folks read this, you've probably already gotten home from the ritual imbibement, so it's too late to do anything but wag my finger. (But next time, if you do something stupid like that, I shall find you in order to simply beat you soundly about the back and shoulders with a rubber albatross until either sense and/or sobriety return or consciousness is lost.)

Amagaim; the parenthetical comment of,

"Tired of the eternal efforts to fight our way through raw matter, we chose another way and sought to embrace the infinite. We went inside ourselves and created a new world."
--- Henrik Steffens