What God do YOU serve? 04/23/2009 06:43 PM CDT
Howdy folks. Lately I've been considering focusing some of my RP on 'serving' a particular God, and I'd like some input on what (if any) God your Paladin focuses his worship on.

So, first question is, what God does your paladin serve?

And, how does that typically manifest itself in terms of how you RP (do you have any particular rituals you will go through in your average day, do you try and mirror your Paladin's personality with how your God might think/act, etc)?

Thanks in advance for your input.

-Landros
Re: What God do YOU serve? 04/24/2009 09:25 AM CDT
Madigan serves all of the immortals, but worships Chadatru. My little schtick is to recite the Paladin Code at Chadatru's altar when I circle or on special occasions.

Madigan

Free the Paladin Guild in 2009.
Re: What God do YOU serve? 04/24/2009 10:03 AM CDT
When I was young and new to the guild, I learned of the Gods and Chadatru in particular. I learned of his desire for truth and justice and thought these to be a noble pursuit. While on a quest early in my Paladin-hood, I found myself before a small altar to Rutilor, and learned that he was known as a defender of the downtrodden, thus, I held him in high esteem as well. In Berengaria I found solace and a love of renewal and a new day while spending much time in the Gash near the gondola so pay homage to her at each daybreak when I am able. To Phelim, I pay homage to at each sunset for good dreams and safe sleep. Alamhif is as a father figure and homage is due to him (and Benrengaria as well) for creating the bridge of life thus allowing me renewal from the misfortune of untimely death. When the Dragon Priests arose, I learned of Peri'el and give thanks for her song that lulls the World Dragon to sleep. These are my patron deities, though all Gods are given their due respect, including the dark aspects. I do not pursue dark aims, but live with the realization that they exist and provide balance. I am not a perfect follower in my faith and at times forget my prayers in the bustle of life. There is hope in me that these faults may be forgiven and that my Gods will be with me and judge me with kindness.

Humbly in service to the Gods, his Guild, his Liege Lord and the people,
Sebestyen

OOC: I have found various prayers which I use and recite when appropriate, I can share them with you if you find Seb IG sometime. He has a set of verbed prayer beads as well as his icon, totem, and pilgrim badge which he uses. He has no particular rituals other than visible morning and evening prayer, when he can (or I think of it). As a follower of a few Gods in particular his personality is his own, but tries to follow the various aspects as best he is able.
Re: What God do YOU serve? 04/24/2009 09:22 PM CDT
Leucius believes in honoring all gods but chooses to follow Urrem'tier out of respect for his mother. As for it manifesting it into RP I like to keep it subtle. It's resulted in several conversations in which people have tried to talk him out of his obviously turned to evil ways (which he smiles and nods through) And it helps explain part of the reason why he doesn't run in circles over getting killed or other folks dieing. He doesn't do rituals but enjoys hunting (with a special place for undead) and activly chooses to depart a lot.

Leucius

Never argue with an idiot, they bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
Re: What God do YOU serve? 12/09/2009 05:42 AM CST
Botolf. He resides in my armor.
Re: What God do YOU serve? 12/18/2009 12:23 AM CST
Xosiurion the Lord of Bone (the god's tabard reminded me of an iron maiden poster so I just went with it)

In case you are not familar, he is one of the Gorbesh gods. The culture seems alot like the Vikings and the mythology much the same. Pretty fun stuff.