Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 10:23 AM CST
Greetings,

Paladins (of less than perfect faith) will now gain soul for sacrificing a favor orb to Chadatru or Rutilor.

Any questions, comments, etc. should be directed to "The Paladins - Paladins and the Gods They Serve" folder.

/salute

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 10:31 AM CST
I'm in dire need of soul right about now. So I'm assuming by going about getting normal favors to either of those two will grant soul instead of a favor?

Kolaisa

Stabbity, block, you go thud.

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 10:52 AM CST
<<So I'm assuming by going about getting normal favors to either of those two will grant soul instead of a favor?>>

No, sacrificing a full orb related to one of the two deities will give you some soul and your favor.

/salute

-Ssra

The ultimate in reasoning is to come to the realization that there are still an infinite number of things that are unreasonable. -Blaise Pascal
Re: Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 11:16 AM CST
[Resurrection Creche, Li Stil rae Kwego ia Kweld]
Fragrant smoke drifts from censers to carry periodic ripples of sound from the rooms beyond, bringing the silvery chime of bells and rhythmic cadence of chant to rise and fall in the air like the heartbeat of the Temple itself. An ivory rug cloaks the floor, surrounding an altar of translucent obsidian swirled with fiery highlights. Stained-glass gaethzen orbs circle the altar with a misty nimbus of violet light shading to crimson and then to amber and gold -- the colors of dawn and of life renewed. You also see a young sacristan and some shattered glass.
Obvious paths: clockwise, widdershins.
>get chad orb
You get a glowing Chadatru orb from inside your kidskin backpack.
>put orb on altar
>
As you start to place your Chadatru orb on the altar it leaps from your hand and suddenly glows brightly, hovering just above the altar before it bursts into a flash of excruciatingly beautiful light which instead of dissipating, streaks around the area as tendrils of light representing every color of of the rainbow.

Then, an instant later, the multicolored lights gather around you and mix together, forming a white mass of brightness which completely obscures your vision. Slowly, the light fades and you feel somehow changed.

No message and although I am pristine I do not believe I got a boost to my soul.

Should I have offered it at his altar in the temple?

Kolaisa

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 11:19 AM CST
<<
No message and although I am pristine I do not believe I got a boost to my soul.

Should I have offered it at his altar in the temple?
>>

He said sacrifice not obtain a favor with it.... kinda like how clerics sacrifice a meraud orb to get OM. Now the question is how does one sacrifice it.

Ellsdragon Dride
Re: Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 11:23 AM CST
Stupid Tog that I am, I knew it wasn't goign to be that easy.

Kolaisa

Drive fast, take risks.
Re: Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 12:00 PM CST
No, you did the right thing. If you put it on the altar you'll get soul but only if you're below a certain soul level. This is mainly geared toward newbies who don't have the money to tithe, etc. You won't get any if you're already at pristine. It will raise it to a certain level then stop (bit below pristine).

Sorry for the confusion.

/salute

-Ssra

Re: Paladins - Chadatru & Rutilor Favor Orbs 11/18/2004 12:27 PM CST
I had just prayed to my badge before I put the orb on the altar. It got me to pristine but at a very low end of it. Guess that's the case. Thanks for the heads up Ssra.

Kolaisa

Drive fast, take risks.