Re: Lecture 3: The Cosmic Balance and Neutrallity 06/07/2004 01:49 PM CDT
Yet another enjoyable read. Everything does have an opposite and it would be naive to believe that there can ever be just "light"...but as Paladins, it is our goal and purpose to spread and maintain as much "light" as possible to Elanthia. Probably more important..we are guardians to prevent "darkness" from snuffing out the light. So called "dark" paladins seem to me counter to our calling. I can see perhaps the cynical, unconventional, ends justify the means type, or maybe even an ill-mannered Paladin, but one that actually embraces evil and darkness? I think not.

~Sebestyen
Re: Lecture 3: The Cosmic Balance and Neutrallity 06/07/2004 07:46 PM CDT
I enjoyed your post, it was very well thought out, and very well composed. I only have one thought.

As much as we would love to believe that there is only light, we cant be this naive. If there was only light, and we strove for such, eventually we wouldnt be needed. We all need the whole Ying/Yang. For every action there is an equal an opposite reaction. This applies to everything. even if we choose not to believe in darkness, it still pervades. Wheather it be a stray thought about what unknown lurks around the corner, or whether it is the cloud that covers the moon...without the darkness we have no need for the light. Ill leave it at that, and not go into the whole dark paladin thing, I dont think that has a place in this discussion.

Well written tho, nice job.

"This may be a Fantasy world, but it sure isnt UTOPIA." - Konnor