Oddly enough 12/23/2003 01:00 AM CST
Would be another fantastic use of the Patron Program and would perhaps have fostered more interest in it as well.
Yeah, I know all those power hungry Paladins out there...har! Those of us that 'bothered' to sign up and present ourselves to the Paladin Council have already expressed a desire to see the Guild become much more than it is now.
This PC council of 13 would've been very workable along a very diverse group of Paladins....well had 13 actually bothered to sign up.
Just my .02
Tolrad
Re: Oddly enough 12/23/2003 04:31 AM CST
Tolrad, 13 paladins is probably 20 to 25% of the guild of those actively playing Paladins at this point. Hmm, actually, probably even a higher percentage than that. Let's see... if 1000 are in the realms and Paladins make up 4% of the realms that means 40 paladins being "maybe" actively played.

For me personally I have time limitations and personal limitiations that make the program something I really can not be involved in. It is my belief that folks in this guild like to keep their word when they sign up for things and I think there are alot of doubts out there as to who is really gonna stick with the guild.

Daython
Re: Oddly enough 12/26/2003 07:32 AM CST
<<for a start 90% of the paladin guild was not online at the time of that meeting, half of those were prolly at work.>>

For what it's worth, we had a few individuals miss the meeting due to work. The GMNPC tracked said individuals down and talked to them in person. In other words, if you had wanted to participate in the Squire Program, you could have been eligible.

<<Using phrases like 'bothered to turn up and express a desire for the guild to become more than it is' is quite insulting.>>

I'd have to agree. Being a Patron does not help Drongol "make the Guild more than it is." It gives me a way to "officially" help young folks without being a Mentor and having to deal with everything that entails. I highly doubt that the Squire Program will have far-reaching goals (heck, there's 10 of us), but at the very least, it'll be fun.

That said, I currently feel a little lost on the Program. Too many changes to combat are coming out to be able to accurately answer questions for anything but the short run.

Drongol's Player

PC also stands for "Paying Customer."