I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/28/2009 12:41 AM CDT
now sloth is no ordinary horse. He isn't just a normal mount, he's a killer! and I love it!

look at sloth>
The white horse is seventeen hands high with pink skin and a pure white coat. It has a white mane and tail. It is a gelding with no other markings.

Apparently, Sloth didn't like Addrius much.

A white horse neighs loudly as it arrives.
A white horse charges at Urla.
A white horse charges at Kallim.
* Moving with powerful grace, a white horse charges at you. You attempt to evade, taking the full blow. The body lands an extremely heavy hit that scratches a long swath of skin along the abdomen (A fine wound to show to friends!), stunning you.
[You're very beat up, very shaky, very badly balanced with opponent in excellent position.]
* Moving well, a white horse slashes a razor-edged hoof at you. You fail to dodge, avoiding only some of the blow. The hoof lands a strong hit that tears the skin over the left elbow as you take a step to keep from falling.
[You're very badly hurt, very shaky, extremely imbalanced with opponent dominating.]
* With strength, a white horse charges at you. You attempt to evade, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The body lands a strong hit that scratches the right forearm as you take a step to keep from falling.
[You're terribly wounded, very shaky, extremely imbalanced with opponent overwhelming you.]
* With grace, a white horse charges at you. You attempt to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The body lands a spine-rattling strike that pierces clean through the abdomen and out the back (Shiskabob!).
* Addrius was just struck down!

and now you have met Sloth, killer of Addrius, loyal mount to Verand. ^_^

be careful of horses from now on.

^_~
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/28/2009 12:47 AM CDT
>>* With grace, a white horse charges at you. You attempt to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The body lands a spine-rattling strike that pierces clean through the abdomen and out the back (Shiskabob!).

Heh.

Dartenian says, "The thing that makes Dragon Dance king is that it pretty much bonuses every single that can possibly be buffed for combat. Including at least two things that don't even exist."
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/30/2009 02:58 AM CDT
Any chance we could get the fix implemented in Platinum as well please? I took my horse out tonight (8/30/2009) and it still does not attack.

~Zaud
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/30/2009 12:00 PM CDT
When I first was told he was able to attack back, it was a while before he really started to attack on his own.

the best thing to do is to add a custom highlight with your horse, and then you'll notice if he attacks or not. at first, i saw a 5 min spread between attacks. but now it's more often, and i've seen a warm up period before he really starts to swing for the fences. ^_^

hope that helps.

Verand
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/30/2009 03:36 PM CDT
Thanks I added the highlight and have had my horse out for 10 minutes now in combat, and no attacking, I'll continue to watch for awhile more then I'll put in an assist.

~Zaud
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/30/2009 04:15 PM CDT
here are a list of attacks my horse can currently do.

With strength, a white horse charges at a putrefying shambler. A putrefying shambler attempts to dodge, not quite escaping the blast. The body lands a good strike to its right leg as it struggles to regain balance!

Moving well, a white horse slices wide at a putrefying shambler. A putrefying shambler fails to evade. The forefoot lands a grazing blow to its chest!

Moving well, a white horse slashes a razor-edged hoof at a putrefying shambler. A putrefying shambler dodges, bending aside easily.

Moving well, a white horse rears up to its full height and lashes out with its razor-edged hooves at a putrefying shambler. A putrefying shambler dodges, ducking casually.

With strength, a white horse lashes out with one of its forefeet at a putrefying shambler. A putrefying shambler fails to dodge, twisting partially away from much of the blow. The forefoot lands a heavy strike that cleaves its torso from shoulder to hip to expose rotting organs!

I think it's just 5 styles of attack, but might be more. those are all that I've seen so far.

Verand
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/30/2009 04:32 PM CDT
Ok so I've now had my horse out this entire time, and she's still not attacking. The only thing she did finally start doing was swatting flies with her tail and neighing. Unfortunatly I didn't keep an eye on the time, so I'm gonna have to stable her again as I've gotta take off for a bit, I'll try some more tonight.

~Zaud
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 08/31/2009 09:58 PM CDT
Is it possible that your horse is not fully trained? Has she ever fought For you? Are you fully trained? Just food for thought because I would not know why horses would not fight for you then unless like you said, the fix hasn't been implemented in plat yet. May have to get qa'ed first before going to plat.

Enjoy
Re: I would like to introduce you all to Sloth! 09/04/2009 01:38 AM CDT
Yeah it was posted over in the Plat folders, the horse fix isn't in Plat yet to make sure nothing in Prime becomes broken and is stable.