New Suggestion 05/28/2008 01:09 AM CDT
I have in recent times listed my personal Horse Wish List, which I will post again just because it has been awhile and a GM might possibly be looking....but also, I have a new suggestion. I would like my horse to be able to be signaled to HALT an attack. There are times when I would like my horse to let me do all the work and it would be nice to tell him not to fight sometimes. Also would love a little bit more time after a disonnect that my horse stays connected.

Here is a repost of my personal Horse Wish List

HORSE WISH LIST

(Not in any particular order)

1. Horse armor not disappear upon the game crashing. Armor does not disappear when my ISP disconnects, so would save a lot of GM time and trouble not to disappear upon game crashing.

2. You may group with one other person while you are on your mount. Your companion will then mount behind you and travel with you.

3. Your horse can carry saddle bags that will carry items for you. The saddlebags, like other containers, can be limited in how many items it can carry.

4. Paladins can whistle for their horses to come to them (perhaps the first bond), unless the horse is stabled, naturally.

5. Horses (at least Paladin war horses) can drag a stunned or dead master to a safe area automatically. (However, it is understood that a stunned character can still die before they get to safety, even if dragged.) Perhaps the horse can drag to the nearest road or thoroughfare.

6. A Paladin can signal a horse to drag another stunned or dead character to safety, road or thoroughfare.

7. Open up the hunting grounds available for war horses to combat in.(!) Along those lines, make horses able to climb more trails and paths to the hunting grounds. Of course, there are some exceptions and horses would not realistically be able to climb all trails and cliffs to maintain reality; however, because the game is designed with off-the-road or out-of-the-way places for hunting areas, horses have been limited in getting there. Please make more places to hunt with war horses.

8. Do not make player-owned horses able to be stolen or killed by other players. Having a WARHORSE not only is VERY expensive but also very TIME INTENSIVE to train and bond with. I wouldn?t object to corral horses (those available to be purchased by other players) being able to be stolen.

NEW SUGGESTIONS

1. Be able to HALT my warhorse from attacking. Sometimes I'd like to do all the work myself.
2. Can anything be done to allow horses to stay connected just a little bit longer if my ISP goes out? I live in an area where ISP options are scarce and I get disconnected quite often. My horse is gone if only a second delay in reconnecting occurs, and then I must wait for him to return (which he almost always does!), but very irritating if I'm on my way somewhere and then have to wait the 10-20 minutes for his return.

I realize that Maece and Ssra were only doing a particular tweak to horses recently, but since Airoza's character depends on her warhorse companion, she feels very alone when Max is not with her. It would be marvelous to see more work on the companion system soon, and I appreciate all the time and work our GM's do!
3. Provide monthly payment schedule for stables similar to the vaults.

Dame Airoza and her faithful Warhorse Sir Maximus
Re: New Suggestion 05/28/2008 12:54 PM CDT
It never hurts to repost suggestions. I have a few of my own too.

~Maece

"You thought it was me gnawing on the passengers? Nah, I'm a vegetarian."

Flight of the Living Dead, 2007
Re: New Suggestion 05/29/2008 09:32 AM CDT
>I would like my horse to be able to be signaled to HALT an attack.

I thought we could signal a mount to "retreat"....