Horse Wish List 10/03/2007 09:09 PM CDT
This was also posted in the Mounts section of Abilities and Magic folder. It is my wish list for my war horse, and it is submitted for the GM's who will be planning a new familiar/companion/horse code soon(?). I know there have been many wish lists already posted over the years, but hopefully this will be helpful. Hopefully others will add to it as well.

I don't how long it will be until the GM's take a look at the new companion system, which will include horses. But I have a Horse Wish List I'd like to share and maybe have others add to so that the GM's have something to look as they plan the new system. I am a Paladin and my wish list is centered on the Paladin War Horse. I know there have been other wish lists that go waaaaay back, but hopefully this will eventually be helpful.

HORSE WISH LIST

(Not in any particular order)

1. Horse armor not disappear upon the game crashing. Armor does not disappear now when exiting the game when the horse reappears, don?t understand why it disappears when the game crashes.

2. You may group with one other person while you are on your mount. Your companion will then mount behind you and travel with you.

3. Your horse can carry saddle bags that will carry items for you. The saddlebags, like other containers, can be limited in how many items it can carry.

4. Paladins can whistle for their horses to come to them (perhaps the first bond), unless the horse is stabled, naturally.

5. Horses (at least Paladin war horses) can drag a stunned or dead master to a safe area automatically. (However, it is understood that a stunned character can still die before they get to safety, even if dragged.) Perhaps the horse can drag to the nearest road or thoroughfare.

6. A Paladin can signal a horse to drag another stunned or dead character to safety, road or thoroughfare.

7. Open up the hunting grounds available for war horses to combat in. Along those lines, make horses able to climb more trails and paths to the hunting grounds. Of course, there are some exceptions and horses would not realistically be able to climb all trails and cliffs to maintain reality; however, because the game is designed with off-the-road or out-of-the-way places for hunting areas, horses have been limited in getting there. Please make more places to hunt with war horses.

8. Do not make player-owned horses able to be stolen or killed by other players. Having a horse not only is very expensive but also very time intensive to train and bond with. I wouldn?t object to corral horses (those available to be purchased by other players) being able to be stolen.

9. Does a bonded horse today always require a touch a sniff before the master can pet it? It seems to me that if you are bonded to the horse, you shouldn?t have to be so careful in your approach to your own horse, no matter how long it?s been since you?ve seen it (well, I suppose if you?re away a LONG time, maybe).

10. The combat system with horses is broken now, when the new combat system was recently implemented. Hopefully, combat with horses will be fixed with the new horse/companion system.

Holy Warrior Airoza and her faithful Warhorse Sir Maximus

Holy Warrior Airoza and her faithful Warhorse Sir Maximus