(Post)Titles/Beren/Holy Weapon Quest/Forging/Horses 02/19/2003 08:11 PM CST
TITLE
Deutz says, "Essentially... I am here to represent all the geek paladins.. And ask for a scholarly title of some kind...I know we cant have scholar and student etc…But Tactician was suggested... and that one mught work... I thought of Scholarly Lord...."
Roderigo says, "I think something like that is reasonable. "

FORGING/HORSES/POST TITLES
Taliesien says, "Good day lords and ladies and 'others', three issues here: first, Forging shields. This could be either "making" a shield, or a slight type of "altering" to shields. Second: Horses and Paladins. The two SHOULD go hand in hand. Anyone can use a horse but to a Paladin a horse should be like skinning is for rangers. Which brings me to my third and most important question."
Taliesien says, "Post titles.. I see "of the locksmiths filthy guild" and "Of the seventh order of the 15th sect of our holy lady of tarts" and what not on other guilds.. but haven't seen the same treatment for Paladins.. who would traditionally be the most "Hark, fear me villain for I serve (insert person/place/god of sworn fealty here)" guild of all. Et al, we should be the proudest to display our allegiance of ALL PEOPLE in Elanthia. It should be our nature."

Maece says, “I'll take the last one first. Post titles aren't exactly guild based. Currently they allow of X place for citizens and I believe that they have them for official orders as well. “If you are seeing specific shadowy types with some of post title going on, it's due to an event or something. I cannot really say what exactly, but this is not a guild perk. So nothing to worry about on that issue."
Roderigo says, "Solomon also mentioned that some new stuff with Post-Titles is planned, not necessarily guild-based."

Taliesien says, "I'm thinking along the lines of pledging allegiance to the city, province, or Prince.. neatly bundled in a simple mechanic: Post titles. For the roleplay application only."
Maece says, “Still not really guild related. You may want to take that to the request/idea to the boards though."
Taliesien says, "A holy warrior without an allegiance is basically a Knight's Errant Mercenary."
Maece says, “Forging shields and horses and paladins. You're going to hate my answer, that's for sure."
Roderigo says, "Forging making/shields. I'm for it. GM Fial's got forging. I think shield-making is planned, but as with the other stuff or his, he's got a huge task, and I'm not sure where this is on his to-do list."
Taliesien quietly says, "or 'freelancer' for what the term's worth."
Maece says, “GM Fial and GM Jeremael."
Roderigo says, "I do plan to be a little pushy with respect to horses and Paladins when I think I can get away with it."

Taliesien says, "To touch once more on the post-titles…Again the mages have them…For particular sects yes, true, but why not us? Why not knightly orders? Or some such?"
Roderigo says, "Well, we don't have sects."’
Taliesien says, "Could an argument be made for that then? Perhaps on the boards."
Roderigo says, "You could form a knightly order."
Taliesien says, "There aren't enough damsels in distress to go around for rp oppurtunity."
Maece says, “Kind of there with orders too."
Taliesien says, "But when it's mechanically supported it's more conducive, in my opinion sir."
Taliesien says, "i'm not asking for a sysem…System, that is…Just a fluff of a title…We'll handld the rest."
Roderigo says, "My understanding is there are other plans for post-titles, but if that doesn't pan out, we can look into doing some guild-related ones."

BEREN/HOLY WEAPON QUEST
Canaw asks, "alright, my question of course revolves around Sir Beren. Is there any chance he will be coming back any time soon? And if so, will he, or any other guild leader for that matter, be able to hand out the holy weapon quest? many of us sure do miss him and it's only right that he be brought back. Especially since he was wronged pretty badly."
Roderigo says, "We love him too. He's not forgotten. I'll leave it as a wait and see as to whether he'll be seen anytime soon."
Canaw asks, "hmm...what about not going to darius for the holy weapon quest?"
Roderigo says, "I doubt anyone other than Darius (or whoever is the GL in the Crossing) will be handing out the quest. Running all over creation is sort of an integral part of that one."