Sixth Sense 02/19/2003 08:06 PM CST
SIXTH SENSE
Zozuskar says, "Could you expand on what you mean by sensing combat-related hostile intent? Im praying it will take a more active role in our defense v.s the passive version of stalking/stealing sense we have now..."
Roderigo says, "Well, the biggest part of that was I'd like for Paladins to have a chance to sense someone aiming at or targeting them from hiding."
Zozuskar says, "Could you expand on what you mean by sensing combat-related hostile intent? Im praying it will take a more active role in our defense v.s the passive version of stalking/stealing sense we have now..."
Roderigo says, "Well, the biggest part of that was I'd like for Paladins to have a chance to sense someone aiming at or targeting them from hiding. If stalking is hostile, being about to shoot someone must be."
Zozuskar asks, "any plans to have the sense do anything other than warn us?"
Roderigo says, "I'm glad to hear more ideas on expanding the sense too."
Zozuskar says, "maybe such as an added bonus to defeating the attack… or revealing hiding places"
Roderigo says, "Not directly, although it might be something that could combine with another ability, like Hands of Justice Spell. And yes, that will be coming back out. It seems reasonable that sensing it could help you defeat the attack. I'll keep that in mind."

SIXTH SENSE
Drongol asks, "I'm going to attempt to be not-even-near my normal levels of negativeness. That said, what the heck is the point of 'sensing' a potential attack if it provides no other benefit? Is it meant to be another 'Hey, idiot, get out of the room! You're about to get killed!' ability, or will there actually be some tangible rewards to this, as opposed to our standard sixth sense?"
Roderigo asks, "What if I gave you something you could do when you sensed it?"
Drongol says, "I can think of several things I could do. Get shot, for one thing."
Roderigo says, "I'm a big fan of our having better options than getting shot. I know of at least one useful option I expect to have out before this is likely to be done."
Drongol says, "Hopefully they'll get incorporated into 'standard' sixth sense so we'll have options rather than getting stolen from."
Roderigo says, "I like the mouse-trap in the pocket approach."
Drongol asks, "Also, Glyph of Uthmor Speedy Gonzales. When's that coming out? Eh, that's HoJ, and frankly, it ain't worth a spellslot."
Roderigo says, "I love HoJ. As fast as I can code it once engagement gets recoded."
Drongol says, "That's your opinion. Personally, I have 5 spells, and would have preferred 4. Burning up a spellslot to make 6th sense useful doesn't seem particularly efficient. And cool."
Maece says, “Different strokes for different folks when it comes to the spells."
Drongol says, "Exactly."
Roderigo says, "It's not entirely useless. I agree it could be better, and I'm looking to improve it."
Drongol says, "Doesn't make 6th sense anything more than an idiot buzzer right now."
Roderigo says, "Sense, I mean."
Drongol says, "Oh, and do try to get Holy Weapon recharge sites in as many places as possible. It's bad enough we have to pray to Chadatru to use the damned thing, but having to hunt in Shard or P4 is kind of ridiculous."
Roderigo says, "That's coming."
Drongol says, "I know. Do more, though. I honestly forget the last time I've used Elfcleaver. In my pessimism, the bonuses don't add up to the drawbacks."