Shop Items/Reflection/Joscelind 02/19/2003 08:05 PM CST
SHOP ITEMS
Ibec says, "well for one with the shivus debate… i think our big niche is shields"
Roderigo says, "That should be one of our strengths, yep."
Ibec says, "i would like to see more things relating to shields…to many low quality armors"
Maece says, “Let me comment on the items in the shop."
Roderigo says, "That's a reasonable request, the shields I mean."
Maece says, “The way a lot of shop things are made with restrictions so to speak so there is very little room for tweakage. However, this doesn't mean that we aren't pushing to get some changes for us. But bottom line, forged stuff is really always going to be better. We just try to offer prettier stuff. I know it's not what all people like though."
Ibec says, "would mind higher store appraisals"
Maece says, “But never know, we can be pushy about stuff."
Ibec says, "er wouldn't…like armor more toward massive plate"

REFLECTION/SHOP ITEMS
Ederick says, "Hi. I have 2 things to ask. First would it be possible to get an ability that when we are hit we are able to reflect the damage back at the attacker, we wouldn't take less damage just maybe 50-75% of the total damage inflicted be reflected back at the attacker. Also you both mentioned about items could not be made better than normal in stores, would it be possible for forgers to take their armor to the paladin shop give it to Iprildu and then have him make an existing design of an armor in the shop on that armor for a price less than the price of the storebought version since he didn't make the stuff."
Maece says, “I'll cover the second question... selling player made items should remain within the hands of traders."
Ederick says, "He wouldn't be selling it, just adding a design to it."
Roderigo says, "Sort of a more elaborate version of shield engraving."
Maece asks, "Oh you mean designing your item for you?"
Ederick says, "Using a preexisting design of an armor in the shop on the forged armor brought in… Something like elaborate shield engraving"
Maece says, “Rod and I had passed some ideas back and forth a while ago regarding designs, but nothing to the extent of "copying" designs of store items. It's not guild specific, that kind of goes in the realm of shops in general. But Rod and I can discuss more unique ideas."
Roderigo says, "A reflection ability sounds interesting. That's worth looking into. I can think of a tie-in there to something else I'm working on."
Ederick says, "It would help alot in making up differences in offensive abilities if damage they did hurts them as well.
Roderigo says, "Share the wealth."

JOSECLIND
Ellsdragon asks, "Since Shivus pretty much covered the comments/questions I had, I just have one question that's slightly off topic. But real quick first, I think Clynlyn ment maker's mark plate to show who of the paladin guild has one and what it looks like since we already got dies. So the question, just wondering on Lady Joscelind.. I know at least two of us in this room right now still has her two year soon to be three old ticket from the last meeting...any chance she's coming back or can I get a piece of string so I can make a purty necklace out of the ticket?"
Maece says, “Don't lose the ticket."
Maece says, “Whether it be Joseclind or another, best not to chuck it."
Ellsdragon says, "never do, still got a wedding one going on 4 years. Just wondering if she was coming back anytime soon was all"
Maece says, “Personally, I am unsure. Not much else I can really say about it, sorry about that. But hopefully either she or someone else can redeem it sometime for you."
Roderigo says, "We'll try to secure either her services or someone else of similar skill."
Maece asks, "You had a second question?"
Ellsdragon says, "Nope, you guys pretty much covered everything or on the boards already for me... Just hope to see more meeting and not have another 2-3 year gap"
Maece says, “I don't foresee a huge gap. But again, definitely post summer for sure."
Roderigo says, "She's too efficient to leave a gap that big."
Maece says, “We'll want to hear your thoughts on the summer stuff after you've had time to play with stuff."
Roderigo says, "Unless your thoughts are "this sucks!""