Armor 02/19/2003 08:01 PM CST
ARMOR
Tyryan asks, "Is it possible to make our armor ranks actually make us good at something other than training off most hinderance at an early age and getting some of the benefit of the actual stats of the armor?"
Roderigo says, "We do."
Tyryan says, "Well, there's forgin, I guess. But, only up to a point. Seems like there's a toppin out point where we don't get nothin for our guild-definin skillset"

Roderigo says, "No, a year and change ago, a change was made where armor protection is a function of your armor skill as well as the stats of your armor. So you should always get additional protection when you go up a rank of armor."
Tyryan asks, "Up to a point, eh?"
Roderigo says, "Unlimited, as I understand it."
Tyryan asks, "How can that be when ya wearin one set of plate ya entire life? Ya start out with plate that apps at whatever, ya sayin that the actual stats of the armor will get better and better ad infinitum? How that be with global caps?"

Roderigo says, "Because the actually protection you get now factors in armor skill along with the features of the armor. The armor appraisal doesn't change. How you benefit from it in combat does. It's not subject to the caps because it's not a bonus. It's just using your actual skill."
Tyryan asks, "How can that skill be infinite?"
Roderigo says, "Weapon skill is. Same sort of thing."
Tyryan asks, "When there's only so much protection on a sseet of massive plate? Ya sayin that at 1000 ranks nothin will get past the protection of our armor?"
Roderigo says, "It doesn't change your armor. It changes how well you use it. 1000 ranks of weapon might get past it. It just takes more than less armor skill does."

ARMOR
Suriaah says, "Since we are masters of armor, I was wondering if it is possible that due to our expertise, whether it would be feasible to use our knowledge to advantage when facing an armored foe - to find weaknesses in their armor and turn it to our advantage? Basically turning our exp in armor into an offensive bonus versus armored opponents."

Roderigo says, "That's actually very much like what I proposed for the glyph…We'll have to see if it gets approved in that form, but I'm definitely with your thinking there."
Compact/Spell Caps/Pilgrim's Badge/Lead/Armor 02/19/2003 08:02 PM CST
COMPACT/LEAD/ARMOR
Towerlocke says, “But I think our main interest here, all of us, is in battle prowess. So knowing that. The compact? Give us a the status? Is it gonna go?

Roderigo says, "To be perfectly honest, I don't really think it should go. I realize that we have 11 races now instead of 7, but I don't think that changes the intent of it. That said, we're definitely in favor of strengthening our combat skills. I just don't agree that they should take the form of kill spells."
Towerlocke says, "Well, kill spells seem to run the game."
Roderigo says, "True for some guilds, but that's not really what we're about."

Towerlocke asks, "What are we about? I thought we were leaders? We can't even do that very effectively anymore."
Roderigo says, "Honor, defense, leadership"
Towerlocke says, "Kaith is preferred over lead lately. Honor? That's more of a character thing. As far as defense and leadership, well. That's all we seem to complain about lately. How our armor ranks aren't cutting it, how armor in general isn't. And leadership, too. That was a very big blow for us. I know it was brought into the global caps, but what about everything else? Where's the cap on the kill spells?"

Roderigo says, "I agree we need more benefits from armor. We're working to add to those, including some of the summer releases we have planned. Lead did get knocked down a good deal, but really, it had to. It's natural to find that disappointing, but honestly, we're not the only guild that had things like happen with the caps. And with the new soul system, you really can use lead a lot more than before, so it's not all bad."

Towerlocke says, "I haven't seen other booster-like skills capped off. Such as kaith or tiger spirit. I know it's coming. It's just disheartening. Lead got hit first, and things happen pretty slow."
Roderigo says, "My understanding is everything got capped, although I don't know off the top of my head what's going on with those other abilities. Roderigo says, "And yes, it could be some are still in progress."

SPELL CAPS/COMPACT/PILGRIM’S BADGE
Sigarra says, "With that being said, there are some things I am unhappy with. I'm certain you both know how most feel about the current state of Lead, RW, etc., so I'm not going to go into those. Concerns related to finding out exactly where we stand have already been voiced very effectively by Shivus, so I am not going to go into that either. My question relates to the Compact. My real desire is to see it burn, die, disintegrate and walk the starry road. However, as that is obviously not an option based on your prior responses, my question is this:"
Sigarra says, "Is there any possible way to get the cap removed from Shatter? I understand why there is a global cap in place for equipment destroying spells, but it should most definitely not apply to us for the simple reason that we cannot cast it at members of the 11 races."

Roderigo says, "I don't think the caps are intended to apply to CvC abilities only. I think they apply to everything, so probably no. I'll say this about Shatter though, but please don't jump up and down and say I promised this... I'm not convinced the Compact needs to apply to Shatter since it applies to equipment rather than a person. So it is possible that we could arrange for that to be castable at people. But that's a maybe for now."

Sigarra says, "one more quick one please… Pilgrim's badge, the more shrines and altars added to the badge give more soul? and if so, does the amount of soul cap out at a certain number?"
Roderigo says, "To be honest, I've never looked at the code for that. I doubt it's unlimited. I'll probably be investigating those anyway. They came up in discuss in Vegas."

PILGRIM’S BADGE
Fucema asks, " I understand that the merchant who sold the pilgrim badges lost his/her caravan in an attack. Are there plans to allow the those of us who dont have a pilgrim's badge a chance at getting something similar?"
Roderigo says, "That came up in Vegas. I'm not sure who's in charge of the badges, but if we can't get those, I do think we could come up with something else with a similar use."