Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 10:57 AM CST
I'm curious as to the general going rates for forged half plate and accessories -- specifically a great helm and a set each of HP/LP greaves and gauntlets. This is for my Paladin, who's extremely hindered (base overwhelming hind. fest armor w/ storebought accessories & tower shield worn on arm) with ~65 ranks in both HP and shield. I'm thinking of switching to the pieces setup in order to decrease hindrance and actually be able to retreat. LP is currently at 10-15 ranks so I'll obviously need to backtrain in order to get that even with HP, but I figure I might as well train it if I'm going the half plate route.

~Thilan
Re: Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 11:33 AM CST
Thilan, I forge free for all NW members. Just get me the materials and help in the forge when I do it. I am doing field plate for Kolusius probably the week of the 20th or earlier if I get the energy/time.

I am not an expert forger, but the stuff will be capped at decent weights. However, I know that Redarch, Slaris and Clynlyn (should go without saying...although I understand he has a new soul) makes great armor and Dakkurn has just started into the selling side of things (I have not used any of his stuff, but he has the skill to cap stuff I believe).

Madigan
Re: Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 03:17 PM CST
I specialize in plate armors. Havn't been around much lately but I do keep up with boards and I am on IM a lot. If none of them can help you feel free to contact me and we can chat and figure out what would work best for you and costs.

Currently I have no trader selling my stuff as the two who were are MIA.

Ells
Re: Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 04:19 PM CST
Gads, Ells as soon as I posted I knew I would leave out plenty of folks. My apologies and no slight intended.

Madigan
Re: Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 04:55 PM CST
None taken Madigan.
I've been on a vacation of sorts for awhile. After passing one hurdle I felt I needed to take a breather. Slowly been getting back into things once more though
Re: Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 06:30 PM CST
>However, I know that Redarch, Slaris and Clynlyn (should go without saying...although I understand he has a new soul) makes great armor and

FYI... I tend to avoid forging plate; not that I can't, just that I have not put as much effort into refining plate mixes as much as chain mixes. My specialties are HC and LC.

-Slaris, player of
Re: Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 08:02 PM CST
Slaris, I'd be curious on pricing/apps for some HC accessories to use with my leather body armor. I'll check back here, or you can IM me at barbrathyl. Thanks.

Rathyl
Re: Forged Armor Pricing 12/04/2006 10:03 PM CST
>>My specialties are HC and LC.

Which reminds me, I've been meaning to track you down for a pair of HC gloves. I should be in Crossing Saturday for Red's forging tutorial; think you'll be in the area?

~Thilan
Re: Forged Armor Pricing (sidebar: chain stuffs) 12/05/2006 11:52 AM CST
>I'd be curious on pricing/apps for some HC accessories

See Trader Cossetta, usually in the market tents. If that fails, I make capped gloves (good absorbs), greaves, and full chain helms at various weights. I'll probably have to make them, because I've been selling in bulk to traders, and not using just one. I ask ~10-12 plat for accessories like those.

>or you can IM me at barbrathyl

SixpackSlaris, if I'm around, which is hit or miss of late.

>Which reminds me, I've been meaning to track you down for a pair of HC gloves. I should be in Crossing Saturday for Red's forging tutorial; think you'll be in the area?

See above for Cossetta as your first option. I should be around a little bit this week, and this weekend as well.