Light plate items 10/22/2006 02:27 AM CDT
Im looking to purchase the best light plate breastplate and arm protection I can get. I am in Forfedhdar but can travel to get it if needed. Thanks in advance.

Sir Haammerstrike,
Blunt Wielding Dwarf Paladin

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
Albert Einstein
Re: Light plate items 10/22/2006 11:50 AM CDT
Haamer,

You can contact Martyka, the trader that sells my armor at the Crossing Bazaar to look at the 150 stone breastplate and LP vambraces I've made for her table. Or, if what she has seems a bit light on the protection side, I can make heavier stuff with more protection. I'm usually in Crossing or Haven nowadays if you want to talk.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Light plate items 10/22/2006 02:06 PM CDT
Redarch,
What can you get for protection at the heavier weights? I am used to wearign 771 stone field plate, so a 3-4 hundred stone breastplate won't be to heavy for me to wear. Martyka is also out of LP vambraces, so need some of those as well, heavier is better. Thank you.

Sir Haammerstrike,
Blunt Wielding Dwarf Paladin

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe, is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.
Albert Einstein
Re: Light plate items 10/22/2006 09:51 PM CDT
For Breastplates, I have 180 stone and 300 stone:

300: mod/good, good/good, low/good, good/good, fair/good, poor/good, mod hinder, mod strong construction

180: mod/good, mod/good, low/good, good/good, fair/good, poor/good, fair hinder, mod strong construction

For Vambraces, I've made 89 and 75 stone versions:

89: mod/good, good/good, low/good, good/good, mod/good, poor/good, light hinder, fairly sturdy construcion

75: mod/good, good/good, low/good/ good/good, fair/good, poor/good, light hinder, mod strong construction

I'm sure I can make heavier versions but based on the stats of the above, I'd say I'm close to the template cap even if I made the breastplate 510 stone. I'll make a 510 breastplate and a 120 stone vambrace just to see how they turn out.

Redarch
Re: Light plate items 10/22/2006 10:57 PM CDT
<<300: mod/good, good/good, low/good, good/good, fair/good, poor/good, mod hinder, mod strong construction>>

Red, bump your weight up between 10 and 20 stones and you should be seeing 'high' absorption.

--Just a "clueless" Lurker
Re: Light plate items 10/23/2006 10:20 PM CDT
>>Red, bump your weight up between 10 and 20 stones and you should be seeing 'high' absorption.

Thanks my friend. Hasn't been a lot of call for breastplates or LP vambraces so I haven't played with those mixes much. Now that I have some interest in them, I'll get back to experimenting with the different weights.

Redarch