Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 01:58 PM CDT
After having a Cleric perform the Sacrifice ritual on me which reduced my favor count to 0, and then bringing it back up to 50 over the weekend, I made a couple of observations that might be worth noting. I'd add this information to the Wiki but figured it might be better left to a more practiced hand. Perhaps Isharon or someone else more savvy with editing might like to add the information?

I got both the Hammer of Heretics and Hammer of Justice titles with a fair bit less than the 470 in Blunt weapon ranks the Wiki page seems to indicate needing. I noticed I gained them both at exactly 50 favors, and currently I only have 424 in Large Blunt. Curiously, Hammer of Heretics would seem to imply being a heretic, and you would postulate needing to have a lower soul state for the title, however both titles are available at the high end of "Pristine luminescence". Hammer of Heretics is not not available at less than "Pristine luminescence" while Hammer of Justice is.

Roughly six to ten Paladin titles seem to require a minimum number of favors, sadly I didn't keep complete notes on which ones, but any title with the word "faith" or "divine" in it seems a fair bet.

Going from 1 - 5 favors seemed to add one or two titles with each favor gained. The last one(s) gained at exactly 5 favors (excluding Hammer of Justice/Heretics)

Not exactly Paladin title related, however:

Apart from Chadatru favors, turning in a Rutilor favor orb with lower than pristine soul state improved it 100% of the time, the duration between turning in favors was roughly 20 minutes.

You need more than 50 consecutive favors with the same deity to get the affiliation title "Of <Immortal>". Unfortunately there's hardly any information pertaining to these particular affiliation titles. It may be that only guilded Clerics can obtain the Light/Dark aspects and other guilds are restricted to the Neutral ones. Regardless, Clerics certainly seem to have some bonus to obtaining the title as I've noticed it requires between 10 and 12 favors for them and 50+ for others.

The following observations include some speculations:

Lord/Lady/Divine Cavalier presumably have an Outdoorsmanship skill requirement. No idea on the exact amount, however when skills were converted during DR3 Animal Lore was rolled into Outdoorsmanship and I recall gaining both of them at that time.

Faithless: Apart from having a dark soul state you do need some minimal amount of ranks/circles for these titles. I'd think 20 - 30th Circle ranks or higher would suffice. Taking Uthgaar's suggestion, a new circle 1 Paladin with a black soul state and no favors does not have access to it.

Tainted: This title almost certainly requires some amount of unrepented Thievery ranks in addition to circles/ranks higher than 20. Possibly a darker soul state as well. Even at circle 100+ I didn't have access to this title with a bottom level soul state.

Chikuraga Ikamaye: Highly likely this is the Prydaen Paladin's racial title that requires 440 ranks in 1st armor skill. Considering the title Anefubi Vahabaha is the other Prydaen Paladin's racial title, and that requires 340 in 1st armor. As a side note to Paladin Racial titles, each one that requires 340 in 1st armor (Anefubi Vahabaha, Malko a Karanoi, etc) seems to have a minimal soul state requirement at the high end of pristine as well.

Haalik Showldh: Dwarven Paladin racial title that requires 440 in 1st armor.

By and large, I agree entirely with Isharon. I appreciate some amount of PAFO for systems, but after several years pass it becomes tedious. I understand unlocking the secrets behind titles takes a little more time investment than other systems, but given the myriad stipulations involved (skill ranks, soul state, number of favors, etc) it's entirely possible some titles will never have accurate, definitive values assigned to them without GM intervention.

- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, "The Fuzzy Kitten".
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 02:06 PM CDT
Your statement "You need more than 50 consecutive favors with the same deity to get the affiliation title "Of <Immortal>". Unfortunately there's hardly any information pertaining to these particular affiliation titles. It may be that only guilded Clerics can obtain the Light/Dark aspects and other guilds are restricted to the Neutral ones. Regardless, Clerics certainly seem to have some bonus to obtaining the title as I've noticed it requires between 10 and 12 favors for them and 50+ for others." Are untrue.

I got "Of Damaris" after 30 consecutive and a Cleric did a commune on me. They make an offering to the specific god in question and that's that. There are perhaps more than one way to go about it. But your way is definitely not the only way.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 02:54 PM CDT
>>I got "Of Damaris" after 30 consecutive and a Cleric did a commune on me.

That leads me to believe my statement: "It may be that only guilded Clerics can obtain the Light/Dark aspects and other guilds are restricted to the Neutral ones." is all the more accurate quite frankly. The other handful of non-Cleric players I've seen with said affiliation titles have all been Neutral aspects. Truffenyi on Samsaren, Kertigen on Voldag, and in your case, Damaris. As I said, there's painfully little information on affiliation titles, and I encourage anyone playing a guild other than Cleric who managed to get the Light/Dark aspect titles to dispel this presumption.

>>a Cleric did a commune on me. They make an offering to the specific god in question and that's that.

I expect you're referring to the Truffenyi commune, in which you kneel before a Cleric with the proper offering in your hand and they bestow the correlative favor orb upon you. If so I'm quite familiar with it, having accrued well over 30 of my 50 Rutilor favors by these means. As far as I can tell you still need to place the filled favor on an appropriate alter as the commune wont work twofold for you as it will for the Cleric. Example:

>commune truffenyi anuind
Anuind must present his favor orb to the gods on his own.

- Anuind Lyndon

When naming your holy weapon consider the following: Everyone has a Holy Avenger or a Divine Vengeance. Why not go with something your foes will never accept the shame of being smote by, "The Fuzzy Kitten".
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 03:03 PM CDT
I don't remember the exact details, it's been a long time. But yeah, that seems about right. A thief friend did Dergati, and another did Idon.

Monster Elec

You hear the distant echo of a savage Horde snarling in barbaric disapproval of your deeds.
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 05:40 PM CDT
>>Iamthewalrus: I'd add this information to the Wiki but figured it might be better left to a more practiced hand. Perhaps Isharon or someone else more savvy with editing might like to add the information?

Thanks, Anuind!

I'm willing to take a crack at it or give you tips on doing it. The title pages can all be edited by a form, making the formatting easier. To do this, just click the title you want to edit and click "Edit with form" near the top of the article. (I'm not quite sure what the difficulty field means. I've been assuming that it mans the top rank requirement or top rank requirement for the required circle.)

>>Iamthewalrus: You need more than 50 consecutive favors with the same deity to get the affiliation title "Of <Immortal>". Unfortunately there's hardly any information pertaining to these particular affiliation titles. It may be that only guilded Clerics can obtain the Light/Dark aspects and other guilds are restricted to the Neutral ones. Regardless, Clerics certainly seem to have some bonus to obtaining the title as I've noticed it requires between 10 and 12 favors for them and 50+ for others.

Although it's not a Paladin system, I would love to know how to get an Immortal-based affiliation title, even if I am restricted to the neutral aspects. (I have 25 consecutive Chadatru titles.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!

Vote for DragonRealms on Top MUD Sites: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 06:46 PM CDT
>Although it's not a Paladin system, I would love to know how to get an Immortal-based affiliation title, even if I am restricted to the neutral aspects. (I have 25 consecutive Chadatru titles.)<

Do I get an All-god affiliation if I get 50 from each immortal? :(

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 07:52 PM CDT
>>Do I get an All-god affiliation if I get 50 from each immortal? :(

Only if you actively possess all the favors at once... Holy crap that would take foreeeeeeeeeeeeever.

Samsaren
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 08:59 PM CDT
<<>>Do I get an All-god affiliation if I get 50 from each immortal? :(

The system only tracks three pieces of information with respect to favours:
-your current favour total
-the god your last favour was from
-the count of consecutive favours obtained from that god

I.e. if you gain a favour from a different god then the last two variables change to that god and a count of 1 and you lose all information about any of the previous favours earned except as they apply to your current total. This makes it impossible to track anything to do with favours and multiple gods.

Elanthipedia - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Epedia Admins - https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Elanthipedia:Administrators
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 09:02 PM CDT
>>I'm willing to take a crack at it or give you tips on doing it. The title pages can all be edited by a form, making the formatting easier. To do this, just click the title you want to edit and click "Edit with form" near the top of the article. (I'm not quite sure what the difficulty field means. I've been assuming that it mans the top rank requirement or top rank requirement for the required circle.)

I'm going to be out of town this week, but once I get back on the weekend I'll play about with the title page if you haven't already gotten around to it, Isharon. Thanks for the tutorial!

>>Although it's not a Paladin system, I would love to know how to get an Immortal-based affiliation title, even if I am restricted to the neutral aspects. (I have 25 consecutive Chadatru titles.)

This one is mired in PAFO. I believe it was GM Ricinus who posted about the titles around the same time the Truffenyi commune was released, and indicated it was intended to be PAFO. My feelings on it are fairly clear, reference my prior comment about years later PAFO becoming less of a fun challenge and more of a tedious impediment.

The only concrete facts I personally know regarding it come from my experience obtaining the title with a Cleric, and they are as follows:

1) Acquisition of favor orbs from a Cleric via the use of the Truffenyi commune is almost certainly mandatory.

2) The favors need to be consecutively from the same immortal.

3) The number of favors needed appears drastically lower for a guilded Cleric. Mine got the title between 10 and 12.

4) Acquisition of a favor from a different immortal will result in a loss of the title.

- Anuind Lyndon

Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 08/31/2015 10:08 PM CDT
>Only if you actively possess all the favors at once... Holy crap that would take foreeeeeeeeeeeeever.<

Challenge accepted. Kidding. I just wish Lennon's particular theology was represented better in the game.

--Just a Squire

Riveted to the metal is a small copper plaque depicting a shield crossed with a longsword overlaying a field of thirteen stars. Encircling the design are the words, "Many Faces - One God."
Re: Title Observations (An End to PAFO Title Reqs) 03/11/2018 04:08 PM CDT
> 3) The number of favors needed appears drastically lower for a guilded Cleric. Mine got the title between 10 and 12.

I'm pretty sure my non-cleric character gained a neutral god's affiliation in the vicinity of 10-15 consecutive favors (don't remember precisely, though). The commune was definitely necessary.