Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page
Re: Top and Bottom Spells? 04/02/2016 12:56 PM CDT
>^That's low for these creatures, and I don't need to stun or immobilize to hit them with rebuke or SMH consistently.

Ohhh impressive! See, that's enough to make me stop complaining and go train my TM. Thank you both for responding :)

We have a name for your disease. We call it a hyper-aesthetic one. You have been encouraged to over-indulge yourself in literature; and have inflamed your organs of fancy.
Re: Top and Bottom Spells? 04/02/2016 02:33 PM CDT
Just something I haven't seen explicitly pointed out yet, but TM is unique in DR, in that it offers a complete second damage channel.

Every character can use weapons. But each weapon 'locks' the other one out, since you can't do another attack while you're swinging the first one, and you can't do a left/right attack. But you can do a target, attack, cast, routine, which gives you vastly higher damage per unit time than simply swinging a weapon.

And you might say you don't care, which is fine. But this type of thing comes in to play when you're doing some invasions, or in the Duskruin arena, or the Keep-quest right now when you're tasked to kill enemies.
Re: Top and Bottom Spells? 04/02/2016 06:25 PM CDT
You can also offhand attack with a light crossbow. In theory, you can aim a crossbow, target a spell and offhand attack all at the same time. You sacrifice a debilitation cast, but it's nice to have options.
Prev_page Previous 1 2 Next Next_page