Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/12/2003 10:06 AM CDT
Normally, I do group hunt, in groups of two or three. Just small enough to let lead not be worth it.

Absorb...
and Transform!!!
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/12/2003 10:31 AM CDT
<<Lead works fine. The bonus is there and is quite noticable.>>

I obviously disagree. Now, I limit my opinion to major groups in a major conflict. I have not tested it for everyday usage (say for hunting parties of 2-4 or something similiar). However for major groups in a tough combat situation, there is no appreciable difference whereas there are appreciable differences when the group is led by a barbarian.

Madigan
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/12/2003 11:45 AM CDT
>How often do people normally hunt in groups of 4, though?

For me, it's usually alone, sometimes with one other, and occasionally with a large group. I don't think I've ever done a group of 4.

~Coine

"Walks are therapeutic, especially when taken by people that annoy me." - Coine
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/12/2003 11:53 AM CDT
Come to think of it, I have done 4 people while testing Lead when it was first 'tweaked'. Tested a lot of group configurations and just didn't like what I saw. Will take a roar anyday.

~Coine

"Walks are therapeutic, especially when taken by people that annoy me." - Coine
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/12/2003 12:31 PM CDT
I'm leading against stuff I can kill pretty quickly anyways. My main use of lead is to boost someone that is struggling. It doesn't happen very often though, as I almost never hunt with others. I wish Paladins had a self-lead ability, like has been beaten to death on these boards before. At least then I would use it. For now, I'll keep DA, and AS up. I'm pretty indestructible at level with those 2, even in big swarms.

I feel like I'm missing out on lead, aside from how cool it used to be, it's damn near useless now. Group hunting is terrible for learning, there aren't many critters that swarm well enough, and I just end up dancing to learn, defeating the whole hunting thing. There are no cool group mechanics to play with .. formations, coordinated attacks, guarding doesn't even work well. I imagine Protect will boost group hunting a little, but I'm sick of being all about defense, and protection, yada yada .. I want something offensive besides RW. Until then, I'll hunt/train alone.

-Slaris, Tursa reness kad fruna.
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/14/2003 10:01 AM CDT
Lead Brazzi sleeps with the fishes.

"I hate Pureblade." -Gadorr
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/15/2003 03:18 PM CDT
Hey all, I guess the question I want to ask is do the barbarians have to be leading a party to use their battle cries or whatever their group boosters are called? Or can a paladin lead the group and have a barbarian on the left roaring bravery and have the effects combine? If the barbarian has to be leading the group to use these roars than yes it seems to be a bit of an over sight, forcing players into the position where they have to choose between which boost is better, but if they can work in tandem it seems like everyone wins. Sorta.

I guess another factor would be can a barbarian roar more frequently than a Paladin can lead? Well, looking forward to a time when I can actually play the game again.

For Rutilor and Honor
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 09/16/2003 05:23 AM CDT
During the roar preview my barb in Plat joined a group of bards who were having to deal with Yalleck and his lot. She wasn't leading, but when she roared Bloodthirst it effected everyone in the group. That being said, I think a paladin can Lead while the barb roars. I'm not sure the effects will stack though.

The mind behind far too many!

Sometimes the key to happiness is not assuming it is locked in the first place- Ziggy

A journey of a thousand SMILES begins with a single step- Ziggy
Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 10/02/2003 06:23 AM CDT
Barbs dont have to be leading to have their group roars work.

Gilvore says "blah blah blah blabbity blah"
::Nudge:: Re: Lead is not only dead, its buried 10/03/2003 01:33 PM CDT
Folks,

Please remember this isn't and shouldn't be a guild vs. guild debate.

Constructive feedback and suggestions are always welcome.

Questions or comments - take it to e-mail, MOD-Annwyl@Play.net or Senior Board Monitor DR-Redryn@Play.net or Message Board Supervisor DR-Cecco@Play.net.

Regards,

MOD-Annwyl
Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 12/09/2003 03:49 PM CST
LEAD is a good ability, I always like it when one of my buddies readies it. But it seems like a lot more can come of it beside what there is now. Lead just seems to improve general combat. What if there were more specific LEADs that let a Paladin handle his/her party as the situation demanded. The LEADs effectiveness would be based off the Paladins abilities and skills unique to each LEAD, they are imparting a bit of there experience onto those in their group. A few examples to show what I mean:

Lead Description
Fortify This Lead commands everyone to brace for attack, focusing less on offense and more on defense and altering those variable accordingly for everyone in the group.
Watch Commands everyone to watch the shadows for ambushers. When first used everyone makes a check to spot anyone/thing hidden in the area. If one person spots something, it is revealed to everyone. It also improves perception for the group during the duration of the lead.
Incoming Readies the group to dodge or block incoming missle fire.
Close <target> When activated everyone in the Paladins group automatically moves to melee range with the target AS LONG as another member of the group is already at melee.
Withdraw Pulls everyone currently in the Paladin's group out of combat, depends on whether or not the Paladin using the LEAD WITHDRAW can escape or is embroiled in combat.
Charge All those not currently engaged in melee combat within the Paladin's group get a enhanced charge. This effect only last on the first charge done after the ability is used or till the effect fades.

Well there you have it, a thought I had while hunting with a Paladin friend of mine. Hope you like it or that it sparks more idea, orginally posted in the Suggestions folder.

"Oderint dum metuant."
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 12/09/2003 06:19 PM CST
Those are nice abilities but should be a part of our NATURAL set of tactical skills rather than a need to invoke lead. IF it is somehow deemed necessary they be a part of lead then they should be add ons that are valid when lead is up with no more cost.

Daython
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 12/22/2003 07:57 PM CST
Lead needs to be completely redone if our gurus want it to be a staple of this guild, which it should be, but isn't.

The formation concept, which has been around for a while, really needs to be considered by the p-team.

Make lead something you can turn off and on. Make lead something that you can use when you need it and not waste soul when you don't.

Give us formations we can use so that TACTICS actually come into play. Make it so that paladins are the natural leaders of group combat.

Easier requested than done, though. :/
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 12/23/2003 05:44 PM CST
The problem with Lead is that DR is really just a single-player MUD with a bunch of people around at once.

Group combat has never really been a major part of the game, and I don't see that changing anytime soon.

Someone else posted saying that it'll be cool if armies could be hired. If anything, as 'leaders of men', the big Paladin thing should be the ability to have NPC armies, not be 'really good with armor'.

Connecting lead to do things with NPC troops would be more productive and useful for Paladins as a whole, I believe.

Need a babelfish for DragonRealms?
http://www.bakshiloa.com/libraryindex.html

Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 01/01/2004 02:36 PM CST
Is the problem though one of game mechanics or not ustilizing those mechanics to LEAD's favor. What about something like a critter that swarmed so hard and fast (20 to a room), with an insane multi op penalty that its mandatory to group hunt. Maybe a LEAD would even slow their gen rate nullify some of their multi penalty giving it somemore usefulness. just some thoughts.

Wait we can't stop here! This is bat country!
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 01/03/2004 04:23 PM CST
Here is an example of using lead in a group where the critter faced is vastly outmatching the majority of combatants, in fact all but one it seems. My paladin is 51st circle and as you probably know hafwa are 70th. There were THREE barbarians in the group (hence the poor courage) yet I was elected to lead us up the cliffs and into battle. Unfortunately we were not fully prepared and the first one arrived before our cleric had PFE'd us... As to why we were there in the first place, will sheer madness suffice?

The air grows cold and with an icy crack a white mist shapes itself out of the air to form a snaer hafwa!
The snaer hafwa begins to advance on Vrol.
>
'3

You say, "3"
>
'2

You say, "2"
>

Devonia seems to be concentrating intently on something.
The snaer hafwa closes to melee range on Vrol.
>
'1

You say, "1"
>
cast

Vrol draws forth a tempered steel longsword with a flying dragon-shaped hilt.
You gesture.
Devonia's held mana contributes to the spell.
Your cambrinth orb emits a loud snap as it discharges its power to aid your spell.
You feel your courage bolstered barely by your faith and determination.
>

Doolgan says, "yup, this is the spot"
>

Kraelyst removes a miniature crossbow from his belt.
Kraelyst appears to be aiming at a snaer hafwa with his miniature crossbow.
>

Doolgan attaches a twisted cambrinth armband to his upper arm.
>

Kraelyst exclaims, "hafwa!"
>
put orb in my bag

You put your orb in your burlap bag.
>

Erlott gets a pearl-hilted scimitar from inside his leather harness.
Doolgan draws forth an oak-handled mace.
>
get swo

Fragonrok slings a navy blue longbow off from over his shoulder.
>

You get a bastard sword from inside your weapon harness.
>

Doolgan begins to advance on a snaer hafwa.
>
Fragonrok reaches into his harness and gets one of his pure white arrows to load his navy blue longbow.
>
adv haf

> pa

You begin to advance on a snaer hafwa.
>

You are already in a position to parry.
Doolgan closes to melee range on a snaer hafwa.
The snaer hafwa spins around to face Doolgan.
>

Erlott begins to advance on a snaer hafwa.
Devonia raises her arms skyward, chanting.
>

Vrol jabs a tempered steel longsword with a flying dragon-shaped hilt at a snaer hafwa.
>

Fragonrok exclaims, "Mozzletov!"
>

Kraelyst begins to advance on a snaer hafwa.
>

You close to melee range on a snaer hafwa.
>

Fragonrok appears to be aiming at a snaer hafwa with his navy blue longbow.
>

Kraelyst fires a gleaming silver bolt at a snaer hafwa. The bolt flashes with a white light and lands a light hit to its left arm!

The gleaming silver bolt lodges itself shallowly into the snaer hafwa!
>
jab

Erlott closes to melee range on a snaer hafwa.
>

Vrol steps backward and then slices at a snaer hafwa.
Doolgan steps backward and then bashs at a snaer hafwa.
>

< Moving as one fluid extension of power, you jab a bastard sword at a snaer hafwa. A snaer hafwa evades.
[You're nimbly balanced and have slight advantage.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Kraelyst puts his crossbow in his spidersilk backpack.
R>

Erlott joins your group.
R>

Erlott jabs a pearl-hilted scimitar at a snaer hafwa.
R>

Kraelyst gets a fire-blackened assassin's blade from inside his spidersilk backpack.
R>
pa

Kraelyst closes to pole weapon range on a snaer hafwa.
You feel fully balanced again.
A snaer hafwa charges at Doolgan. The body lands a powerful strike that rips the top layer of skin from his chest and exposes underlying muscle, lightly stunning him!
>
The snaer hafwa reveals Kraelyst, ruining his hiding attempt!
>

You move into a position to parry.
Roundtime: 3 sec.
R>
Vrol moves into a position to parry.
R>
lead

Devonia looks to you for guidance.
Karthor looks to you for guidance.
Doolgan looks to you for guidance.
Jarle looks to you for guidance.
Vrol looks to you for guidance.
Fragonrok looks to you for guidance.
Erlott looks to you for guidance.
Kraelyst looks to you for guidance.
You draw yourself to full height, rallying your comrades with righteous confidence as you charge into battle like a star blazing through a midnight sky!
>

Kraelyst gets an azurite Thief charm from inside his spidersilk backpack.
>

Erlott breathes in sharply.
The snaer hafwa spins around to face Vrol.
The snaer hafwa spins around to face Erlott.
>

Kraelyst rubs an azurite Thief charm.
Vrol jabs a tempered steel longsword with a flying dragon-shaped hilt at a snaer hafwa. The longsword flashes with a white light and lands a harmless blow to its left arm!
>
Erlott retreats from combat.
>

Doolgan retreats from combat.
>
jab

Doolgan retreats from combat.
>

< Moving with incredible power and control, you jab a bastard sword at a snaer hafwa. A snaer hafwa attempts to evade, stepping partially into the shot. The sword flashes with a white light and lands a brushing hit to the hafwa's chest.
[You're nimbly balanced with no advantage.]
[Roundtime 3 sec.]
Erlott moves into a position to parry.
R>

Karthor lays his hand on Doolgan's arm.
R>

Doolgan says, "ouch"
R>
pa

Jarle bows his head and chants a prayer.
Vrol steps backward and then slices at a snaer hafwa. The longsword flashes with a white light and lands a good hit to its right arm!
R>
Erlott assesses his combat situation.
R>

R>
Fragonrok picks up a pure white arrow.
R>

The snaer hafwa discovers Kraelyst, ruining his hiding place!
R>

Jarle holds a cambrinth orb in both hands and closes his eyes in concentration.
R>

Vrol moves into a position to parry.
R>
slice

The hafwa wails and whistles, "Road-rime come!" The air grows colder and colder, breath freezing in droplets and choking at the hafwa's words!

Devonia fights for breath!
Karthor fights for breath!
Doolgan fights for breath!
Jarle fights for breath!
Vrol fights for breath!
Fragonrok fights for breath!
Erlott fights for breath!
Kraelyst manages to inhale a breath!
Your breath fails you! You feel weaker and weaker.
>

Fragonrok puts his arrow in his navy blue harness.
Erlott begins to advance on a snaer hafwa.
>
< Moving in with powerful grace, you slice a bastard sword at a snaer hafwa. A snaer hafwa attempts to evade, leaning wrong and blundering into the blow. The sword flashes with a white light and lands a good hit to the hafwa's abdomen.
[You're fatigued, badly hurt, nimbly balanced and in better position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
Kraelyst jabs a fire-blackened assassin's blade at a snaer hafwa. The blade flashes with a white light and lands a good hit to its chest!
R>

Kraelyst puts his charm in his spidersilk backpack.
R>

Kraelyst feints a fire-blackened assassin's blade at a snaer hafwa. The blade flashes with a white light and lands a glancing blow to its abdomen!
R>

Devonia gestures.
R>
pa

Erlott closes to melee range on a snaer hafwa.
A snaer hafwa charges at Erlott. The body lands an extremely heavy hit that drives the kneecap clean off the left knee and savages the surrounding ligaments, lightly stunning him as he stumbles slightly!
>

Vrol jabs a tempered steel longsword with a flying dragon-shaped hilt at a snaer hafwa. The longsword flashes with a white light and lands a harmless blow to its right leg!
Kraelyst gets a scimitar from inside his spidersilk backpack.
R>
Kraelyst moves a fire-blackened assassin's blade to his left hand.
Kraelyst moves a scimitar to his right hand.
Kraelyst slices a scimitar at a snaer hafwa. The scimitar flashes with a white light and lands a hard hit that connects solidly with its left shoulder!
R>

Doolgan says, "careful with that wound"
R>

Jarle grumbles.
R>

Kraelyst slices a scimitar at a snaer hafwa. The scimitar flashes with a white light and lands a hard hit that drives the scimitar into its left eyesocket!
R>
slice

Erlott's body twitches violently, and an instant later he frees himself from the stun!

Erlott explodes in a violent whirlwind of dangerous power, his bloodshot eyes gleaming with an insatiable lust for battle!
>

Doolgan moves into a position to dodge.
>

< Moving in with powerful grace, you slice a bastard sword at a snaer hafwa. A snaer hafwa attempts to dodge, mis-stepping and blundering into the blow. The sword flashes with a white light and lands a light hit that thumps awkwardly against the hafwa's right shoulder.
[You're fatigued, badly hurt, incredibly balanced and in very strong position.]
[Roundtime 4 sec.]
R>

A snaer hafwa charges at Erlott. The body lands a good strike to his back!
R>

Vrol steps backward and then slices at a snaer hafwa. The longsword flashes with a white light and lands a grazing blow to its right arm!
R>
Fragonrok says, "Not good."
Erlott slices a pearl-hilted scimitar at a snaer hafwa. The scimitar flashes with a white light and lands a good strike that staggers it with a direct hit to the abdomen!
Kraelyst slices a scimitar at a snaer hafwa. The scimitar flashes with a white light and lands a solid hit that buckles its left knee with a hard shot to the hamstring!
R>

Doolgan looks healthier and Karthor appears to weaken.
R>
pa

Kraelyst slices a scimitar at a snaer hafwa. The scimitar flashes with a white light and lands a strong hit that tears through the right shoulder to send an ethereal arm into orbit!
Erlott slices a pearl-hilted scimitar at a snaer hafwa. The scimitar flashes with a white light and lands a very heavy hit that destroys the abdomen in a messy explosion of light!

The snaer hafwa shivers violently, then grows rigid.
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 01/03/2004 04:43 PM CST
Lead seems to be more powerful with large groups.

Seems to do next to nothing with small groups.

On a completely unrelated note... you might have done better with a different attack combo...

Cavalier Calemnon
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 01/04/2004 11:21 AM CST
Seems incredibly sad, that that many people, even with lead were IMHO barely able to kill the hafwa....proving yet again, Lead isnt worth the time it takes to type it. Glad to see noone died tho.

Konnor

The trouble with using experience as a guide is that the final exam often comes first and then the lesson. ~Author Unknown
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 01/04/2004 11:22 AM CST
Hafwa are incredibly powerful beings. Lead or no.

-Chris

You wave your blue wand at Droughtman.
The wand flashes brightly and shoots a bolt directly at Droughtman, causing him to immediately freeze in his tracks.
Kilan has just frozen Droughtman!
Roundtime: 1 seconds.
You cackle!
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 01/04/2004 11:26 AM CST
In all fairness to the lovely Hafwa

Mad-Madigan and I dispatched many of them quite awhile ago outside of Theren and I was low 50's at that time.
We both took turns leading and what-not, but a strong combined attack by two paladins really seemed to be the turning point in that battle. We passed many a deader trying to "solo kill" them.
I gained my love of RW that night. With no RW i was getting glancing hits at best, with RW I was turning them into Pick-A-Parts.

Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 01/05/2004 08:08 AM CST
Lead and RW are pretty darn good together. Lead by itself leaves much to be desired, and I still do not think it compares against the similiar barbarian roar.

Just my two kronnor.

Madigan
Re: Lead (ability set)(crosspost) 08/21/2004 05:14 PM CDT
<< Lead and RW are pretty darn good together. Lead by itself leaves much to be desired, and I still do not think it compares against the similiar barbarian roar.

We're never going to see any combat ability as good as a Barbarians top ability (except maybe war stomp because war stomp is really lame) and for that we'll have to deal. We are the "defense" guild, they are the "offense" guild. Notice the mocking quotes. What I have noticed is that lead is pretty powerful since I boosted my charisma and make sure to have a MO up before I cast. Before the global caps completely nullified it, Lead was beyond overpowered and I think we all agree. I noticed that it seems to boost up the offense a bit and not much on the way of defense. I can rip through a pack of celpeze with a partner and lead, but getting a bunch of them at melee, they can tear into me too.

- Player of Aldaren

/Rant
Lead Q's 09/07/2006 10:26 AM CDT
I'm working on a Paladin oriented website, and I want to make sure I have my information accurate before I go posting information for the masses to absorb. So, I'd like as much information regarding our lead ability as possible. Admittedly I've not done any testing with Lead for a number of years, and I understand there has been some changes made to it. So, without wasting any more time, here is the information I have regarding lead.

Circle Aquired: Circle 2
Guildleader: All guildleaders
Info: Defensive boost, to Paladin and everyone within a Paladins group. Effectiveness is based upon circle, charisma, and used to be based on a hidden counter, that the more a Paladin used the lead ability the better it was, I'm not sure if this is true anymore.

~Player of Zaud (Platinum)
Re: Lead Q's 09/07/2006 07:14 PM CDT
Lead isn't just defensive, its an offiensive boost as well. Disciplin has an effect, as does the Marshal's Order spell give it a bonus.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Lead Q's 09/07/2006 07:34 PM CDT
Noted

Re: Lead Q's 09/07/2006 07:38 PM CDT
Lead used to be good, now it sucks.

Lord Knight Calemnon, Jouster of Therengia
Re: Lead Q's 09/07/2006 08:12 PM CDT
Leads good if you aren't solo, grouchy, and mounted. Don't neglect Charisma, cast MO, and have a group and its quite possibly the single best booster for a good sized group, especially for cost.

Samsaren Remlane
I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man, target practice on the other hand, is another matter entirely.
Re: Lead Q's 09/07/2006 08:25 PM CDT
You need a big group before lead does anything. With 2 people, nada.

Re: Lead Q's 09/07/2006 09:51 PM CDT
Charisma bro, Charisma, I get a nice boost just Leading my wife.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 02:04 PM CDT
>>Charisma bro, Charisma, I get a nice boost just Leading my wife.

Glad someone else could confirm my sometimes faulty memory. I was pretty sure I'd gotten nice LEAD boosts with just one person joined.. and solo. Agreed that the boost is BEST with a semi-large group, but there comes a point at about 10+ where ya start into diminishing returns.

So, with enough charisma and training, LEAD boosts in combat whether solo or in groups are decent.. and get better as the numbers go up from 0 to ~whatever your cap is.

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 02:58 PM CDT
>I was pretty sure I'd gotten nice LEAD boosts with just one person joined.. and solo.

Solo?
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 03:54 PM CDT
Many, many moons ago. There used to be that hidden counter, that gave you a better quality Lead the more times you did it. Does anyone know if this is still in effect? For some reason I have this memory in my head of a Lead rewrite where they were going to get rid of this. I can't remember if it was a post that was a proposal, or if it was a post that was in fact the "new" Lead.

So, the current Lead:

Offensive bonus (small, medium, large?)
Defensive bonus - I believe it's fairly substantial
Multi bonus?

Got Smite? - http://www.drpaladin.com/
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 04:07 PM CDT
I had heard, so this is just heresay, that lead had a non-spell effect of AS, RW, C, and SR. No idea if thats still true, I never lead because I am usually training alone.
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 04:15 PM CDT
And a quick followup on solo:

>lead
Leading usually implies that someone is following you, Slaris.
>* Driving in like an unbeatable force, a forest geni claws savagely at you. You dodge, leaning to one side with no room to spare.

Obviously I'm at melee and facing, but no love for solo leading. Too bad, I'd enjoy that alot.
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 06:20 PM CDT
Umm does it require some 80+ circles to get a decent lead boost with only 2 or something?

Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 07:41 PM CDT
I've been a big fan of Lead sense 2nd circle, the Lead change caught me around the 30s, and by the 40s, I'd got my Charisma to a point where Lead was more then signifigant. If you want that beyond global caps boost back, keep dreaming, its gone. That said, Lead lets me drop malchata, and I'm not "Umm does it require some 80+ circles to get a decent lead boost with only 2 or something?" over 80th either, so do the math.

All in all, I'm beyond tired of folks bashing what we have, it just annoys the crap out of me, making my posts a bit darker then I mean them to be. Suggestions never hurt, constructive critism, fine, but the whole we suck bandwagon just brings out an ire I usually save for the more irratating things in life.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 07:48 PM CDT
>but the whole we suck bandwagon just brings out an ire I usually save for the more irratating things in life.

I AM OUT OF BEER AGAIN!
Re: Lead Q's 09/08/2006 08:02 PM CDT
>>I AM OUT OF BEER AGAIN! (Slaris)

Got some in the fridge, head on down, owe ya a toast for the new lil one anyway.

Samsaren Remlane
Re: Lead Q's 09/13/2006 02:38 PM CDT
Lead is working pretty well with two in my group over the last couple of evenings. Of course, most of us remember the old lead and still hanker (how about some Texas talk today?) for it still.

I sure as heck am not post 80's.

Madigan
Lead and groups 10/05/2009 10:12 PM CDT
Lead ~ Any chance Lead can be reviewed to work if you arn't the party leader and remove the need to be at melee? I'm finding frequent situations where the ability would be nice while serving with the ODS, but rarely am I leading my hunting group. Aso I may not be the one at melee as I am guarding key individuals.

Another key problem is that someone leading a group of people cannot care for others well via "drag" as it sends the group into chaos at the loss of their leader; A niche ability for paladins and drag might also be neat.

Thoughts?

Khohan