Lyle won't talk to me 07/14/2014 10:53 PM CDT
Lyle won't talk to me on the Holy Weapon quest. I listened to Darius' little speech and headed to Shard and when I try to talk to Lyle it says, "The Sentinel Lyle seems too busy to answer your questions." I even went back to Hib to talk to Darius again to make sure I didn't miss some of his speech. Anyone ever have this problem?
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 03:10 AM CDT
What are you asking him about? Quite often that is the default message an NPC gives if they don't recognize what you're typing. IIRC you have to ask about QUEST instead of holy weapon like you do with Darius.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 08:31 AM CDT
> ask lyle about quest
The Sentinel Lyle seems too busy to answer your questions.
> ask lyle about holy weapon
> ask lyle about darius
> ask lyle about how is your mom doing
> ask lyle about hriana
> ask lyle about paladin
> ask lyle about why you don't love me anymore, I just want your approval

I thought it might have been because everything in Shard is on that god-awful doesn't-improve-anything-and-is-just-an-annoyance day/night cycle, so I've tried back at all hours of the night hoping he would get off guard duty and talk then, but he apparently stays there all night(or at least past the time all the shops close).
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 10:27 AM CDT
You're absolutely sure that you're actively on the quest, that it started correctly? That kind of output usually means you're not.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 10:58 AM CDT
When I type GLYPH it tells me I am questing for my Holy Weapon quest, and when I go back to Darius to ask him about holy weapons(to make sure I didn't skip out too early during his brief speech) he says something about me forgetting already, and reminding me to go talk to Lyle.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 11:45 AM CDT
Been a long time since I did the quest, but are you supposed to get the bread before or after talking to Lyle. Can't remember.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 11:56 AM CDT
You might have already done the part you need from your first interaction with Lyle. Have you gone to see Hriana just to make sure you aren't on the next part? I'm pretty sure that the too busy is part of the quest that you need to solve before you can continue. (If I recall all this correctly it has been at least 2 years since I did the quest).
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 11:57 AM CDT
That's just the generic thing all the Shard Sentinels say when they have no idea what you're asking about.

And my first interaction with Lyle was him being too busy to answer me.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 12:13 PM CDT
maybe he's really just busy.

i can't even imagine what it must be like to be in a relationship with you.

don't self sabotage. give lyle some room to breathe. the way things are going, its going to burn out before it even gets started.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 12:16 PM CDT
I guess slapping him and screaming, "Why do you make me hurt you, baby?" didn't help matters.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 01:26 PM CDT
>>Been a long time since I did the quest, but are you supposed to get the bread before or after talking to Lyle. Can't remember. <<

Bad Paladin giving out secrets.

But yes he will need a pristine soul also for the quest.

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 01:36 PM CDT
>Bad Paladin giving out secrets.

Did I say bread? I meant nachos.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 03:16 PM CDT
>Did I say bread? I meant nachos.

This is a Taco-Burrito conversation, Nachos.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 06:09 PM CDT
My soul state is pristine and my soul pool is full, I have the bread and the response Lyle is giving me is NOT related to the quest. It is the same generic response all the Sentinels(except for Ivy at the Undershard entrance and Kureta at the West Gate) give when they have no idea what you're talking about.

Where is Hriana at? I want to go see if she will talk to me even though Lyle won't.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 06:25 PM CDT
>>Where is Hriana at? I want to go see if she will talk to me even though Lyle won't.<<

Without Lyle you can't see Hriana. He is the only one who knows where she is at.

M@c ~]X!j % %AN_rrWB5z4%p rBa =jZb*h[mp,0;pv` knIM%aJ|
WARNING: You are carrying an extremely large number of items on your person.
Having a very high number of items can cause character corruption or
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 06:30 PM CDT
Have you tried picking things up at another step in the quest? DRSecrets and epedia both have full spoilers.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 06:31 PM CDT
I went back and asked Darius about quests and he says he doesn't have any for me, but Clemsworth might wish to speak to me. I'm wondering if the final Sacred Insight(I have the first two and assume the third one is the quest Clemsworth wants to talk to me about) quest is blocking my progression on this quest, even though Darius has already given me the quest. That would be... incredibly dumb(since Darius gave me the quest and typing glyph confirms that I'm already on the quest), but a lot of things about the DR quest system is incredibly dumb.

I really don't even feel like going through all this trouble and traveling to Aesry to do a separate quest that might(and might not) allow me to finish the quest I'm on, so I guess I'm just going to shelve this quest until Holy Weapons aren't useless and are worth the trouble.
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 08:13 PM CDT
<<I'm just going to shelve this quest until Holy Weapons aren't useless and are worth the trouble.>>

Please define useless. I just finished the quest last week and am glad I did. The holy weapon hits harder than my unholy version. It is far from useless.

Is this the first time you attempted the quest? I started the quest 10 years ago and had to walk through all the steps (thanks DR Secrets) until I found where I left off. If you have already completed a step you won't get any special messaging. That response Lyle is giving you is the generic, non-quest response he gives. So either your quest is broken ("assist" is your friend) or you have somehow already completed the Lyle part.

--Just a Squire
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 08:45 PM CDT
Oh ya, if you haven't, I'd try assisting. Might be bugged out.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Lyle won't talk to me 07/15/2014 08:47 PM CDT
>I'm wondering if the final Sacred Insight(I have the first two and assume the third one is the quest Clemsworth wants to talk to me about) quest is blocking my progression on this quest

Find Skaen ingame and if there's a moon in the sky I can get you to Aesry and back. That last SI won't take long at all. From what I hear Holy Weapon is far from useless and well worth a rift or moongate back and forth from the islands.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html