Expanded Holy Weapon Prayers 05/19/2014 11:00 AM CDT

The ability to pray to various Light or Dark aspects to enhance the abilities of our holy weapon. The paladin would PRAY at the appropriate altar to add the trait to the weapon permanently. Of course, at circle 50 paladins get the standard holy weapon after the quest. With this implemented, at circle 75 and every 25 circles thereafter the paladin may add one more prayer. These should all be small-amount effects, I imagine. A required quest for each one would be neat, too.

Divyaush: Improved Balance and Suitability of weapon.
Zachriedek: The weapon acts as a focus for the Shatter spell, boosting it.

Berengaria: Weapon strikes consume less fatigue than normal.
Asketi: Smites damage the fatigue of the victim.

Firulf: Smites restore some Attunement for the paladin.
Kerenhappuch: The weapon acts as a focus for the Banner of Truce spell, greatly boosting it.

Phelim: Weapon carries a tiny chance that a successful Parry will result in holy damage to the attacker.
Dergati: Smites carry a chance to blind the victim for a few seconds.

Kuniyo: Increased weapon Force.
Trothfang: Smites charge like maneuvers but deal more damage.

Alamhif: Some holy weapon effects are shared by the paladin’s shield.
Huldah: Smites carry a chance to reduce the victim’s Discipline for a short time.

Peri’el: Smites have a reduced weapon roundtime and may be used more closely together.
Ushnish: Smites carry a small chance to make a bleeder on the victim worse.

Lemicus: Smites will increase the balance of the paladin for a short time.
Drogor: Smites carry a chance to reduce the victim’s Intelligence for a short time.

Saemus: A Smite will restore some fatigue for the paladin.
Be’ort A Smite will inflict a small RT on the victim.

Albreda: When activated, the weapon will refuse to finish off an opponent. [like a challenge]
Harawep: Smites carry a tiny chance to paralyze. Lower paladin vitality grants a higher chance.

Murrula: Smites include a small Dispel effect on the target and a tiny chance to Mime.
Idon: A Smite will increase the Charisma of the paladin for a short time.

Rutilor: Smites include a chance to increase current soul pool for the paladin.
Botolf: Smites penalize the victim’s Perception and Concentration for a short time.

Eylhaar: Smites include a numbing sensation that carries a small chance to damage nerves.
Aldauth: Smites carry a greater chance to stun.

Eu: Every weapon strike carries a small chance to restore some fatigue.
Demrris: The weapon acts as a focus for the Crusader’s Challenge spell, boosting it.
Tenemlor: Smites restore spirit to the paladin.

Mrod: Smites while in moonskin cost less fatigue.
Enelne: Every successful Parry carries a tiny chance to restore some fatigue.
Coshivi: Smites while in moonskin have a reduced RT.

World Dragon: Smites damage the paladin but also damage the victim more.

Prayer Circles: 75 100 125 150 175 200
Re: Expanded Holy Weapon Prayers 05/19/2014 11:37 AM CDT
I love this idea, but why are negative aspects on here? With the way Paladins are currently written praying to negative aspects doesn't exactly fit.

Now, that said, I would love if Paladins could be reworked a little bit to simply be holy warriors - even for negative aspects. It'd be nice to break away from the DnD style "lawful good" Paladin. The guild could be a martial counterpoint to the Clerics' scholastic/magical abilities.
Re: Expanded Holy Weapon Prayers 05/19/2014 11:56 AM CDT
>>With the way Paladins are currently written praying to negative aspects doesn't exactly fit.

Eh, the "Paladins only worship neutral/positive" thing is kinda dying out, which I'm very happy with.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Re: Expanded Holy Weapon Prayers 05/19/2014 12:52 PM CDT

The negative/exotic entries are through request. :) I get the sense that this sort of thing is going to be a theme for paladin-centric worldwide events in the future.
Re: Expanded Holy Weapon Prayers 05/19/2014 01:11 PM CDT
Yeah, it's good that the DnD style Paladin is falling out of favor. Things are still largely written in the game and lore as Paladins are both lawful and good, though. I'd like to see the actual in-game stuff change (guild leader monologues, books, etc) to reflect that Paladins are simple the warriors of the gods. Mechanics can also be changed to reflect this as well.

Let the clerics chant their prayers and wave their incense. We'll meet those who would defy the gods with holy arms!
Re: Expanded Holy Weapon Prayers 05/19/2014 02:08 PM CDT

Oh and I couldn't resist putting the World Dragon prayer in there- perhaps for some fallen paladin or something? I figure the effect makes sense, though: take a vitality hit to hit harder.