Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/05/2012 09:17 AM CDT
> ask sttiejal about portal
Sttiejal sighs heavily and turns to face you. "You are a determined individual, aren't you? Very well then, if you promise not to think me mad, I shall tell you."
> nod stt
You nod to Sttiejal.
> agree sttiejal
Please rephrase that command.
> shake head sttiejal
You look at Sttiejal and shake your head.
> nod sttiejal
You nod to Sttiejal.
> agree
> nod sttiejal agree
You nod agreeably at Sttiejal.
> agree
> nod sttiejal
You nod to Sttiejal.
> 'Tell me
You say, "Tell me."
> 'Now
You say, "Now."
> 'Before I cut you
You say, "Before I cut you."
> l
[Mer'Kresh, Ship Circle]
Night quiets the boasting and mock jeers that usually accompany the drivers waiting outside the Traders' Guild for their next assignment. A few traders add to the low buzz of noise as they check their caravans in preparation for the next journey. Light flickering from iron lanterns provides just enough illumination for the guild servants to sweep the day's debris from the road.
You also see Sttiejal.
Obvious paths: east, southwest.
>
Sttiejal says, "I see, that is how it is to be then? I'm afraid I will not tell you."
>
Sttiejal stands as if he were waiting for someone.

> ask sttiejal about portal
Sttiejal shakes his head firmly and says, "No, not right now. Come back later."

So once again, I cannot continue the quest for another day or however long it takes. What are you supposed to say to this guy?
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/05/2012 09:22 AM CDT
>>So once again, I cannot continue the quest for another day or however long it takes. What are you supposed to say to this guy?

I think you just have to ask him again to confirm that you really want to know.

When in doubt, http://elanthipedia.org/
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/05/2012 09:32 AM CDT
Tried that the first time I failed... He just replies to stop asking him so many things.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/05/2012 09:59 AM CDT
>http://www.drsecrets.com/secrets/wiki/Paladin_Quests#tab=Glyph_of_Renewal_.28Holy_Weapon_Quest.29

WARNING SPOILERS. But see if that helps. It's my go to for most things.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/05/2012 10:08 AM CDT
Yeah, that's what I went off of. It seems like you need some kind of input in between "ask sttiejal abuot portal" and when he gives you the key.

I'm thinking maybe you're just supposed to wait and take absolutely no action. I'm going to try that next.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/05/2012 10:21 AM CDT
>>if you promise not to think me mad, I shall tell you."

From what I recall of this one, he wants you to say something specific.

Melete
Salvur puts his hands in front of him to imitate a squirrel and scoots around the room, occasionally stopping to say "Do the squirrel dance!" in an obnoxiously loud voice.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/05/2012 10:29 AM CDT
Addlestuk?

j/k thanks
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/06/2012 11:09 PM CDT

Still having problems with this? The DRSecrets page shows exactly what needs to be done.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/06/2012 11:27 PM CDT
Uh, great job missing the link pointing to DR secrets, and the response saying he was using it and it was not responding that way?

Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/07/2012 08:50 PM CDT
Nope. Didn't miss it. What I did see was his actions. Of which, they were not correct according to the DRSecrets page. So... Yeah. Hence my comment that it DOES show what needs to be done, and the implication he is not doing it.
Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/07/2012 10:16 PM CDT
Ya, apparently someone ninja-updated the DRsecrets page during this conversation.

So the initial link, and the persons initial use, was wrong. But your second response, was not.

So we're all jerks. Sorry though.

Stupid paladin updating pages. I'm shaking my internet fist at you you-know-who-you-are.

Re: Holy Weapon Quest - Sttiejal 10/09/2012 02:06 PM CDT
Hah. I did not update the DRsecrets page, interestingly enough, but it is now accurate.